Please do something about the VAT calculation of products

2»

Comments

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited December 2022 #32

I (and many others) are dreaming about this since a long time:

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/1956/tax-exclusive-button-in-products/p1

• Mitt
    Mitt Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 2022 #33

Just want to add my upvote to this - we are B2B as well and really need this. At the moment, if a client asks for pricing without the VAT removed (because e.g. their own system will add the VAT), we have to fudge all the numbers manually in our quotes. This is prone to error and so out of keeping with how user-friendly Pipedrive is in every other aspect!

• Goran EuroWholesale
    Goran EuroWholesale Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 2022 #34

My initial post is from May 2020 😮

Do I need to add something?

• Bart Sturkenboom_76390
    Bart Sturkenboom_76390 Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #35

Hi, we also have an issue using VAT in products. Saw the previous post starting in October 2020, now 2 years later...Any news on this?

• Wannesd
    Wannesd Member Posts: 2
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2022 #36

I don't understand how this can not be tackled already.

So many customers are asking for this and requiring this in their daily needs. As we do.

@Inês Batata still no idea on when this is on the roadmap?

• Jade Genga
    Jade Genga Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited December 2022 #37

The tax inclusive option for Products when input into Smart Docs is very impractical for us. When we use our Smart Docs templates for Proposals and Quotes to go to clients, we want to be able to add tax to the Products that require tax to be added. Our clients are very confused if we add tax into the price of each product. When can we get a feature that allows us to check off which Products tax will apply to then add Tax as an additional input?

Example:

$107 tax inclusive

$7 Tax (7%)

Total: $107

versus (THIS is what our customers are used to):

$100 per product

$7 (7%) Tax >>>_How do we get this field separate in Smart Docs?

• Craig Beaumont
    Craig Beaumont Member Posts: 66
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited December 2022 #38

I have the same problem, it's a real struggle producing a quote that VAT customers understand.

It would be great if Products and Smart Docs worked in this way.

See sample

• Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco
    Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco Pipedrive Team Posts: 69 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2022 #39

Hi @Jade Genga and @Craig Beaumont ,

In 2023 we are focusing in improving significantly the Products feature. Having Tax exclusive is at the top of the list.

Could you send the improvements you would like in Products Catalog besides tax exclusive for us to take in consideration?

Hi @Wannesd,

In 2023 we are focusing in improving significantly the Products feature. Having Tax exclusive is at the top of the list.

Could you send the improvements you would like in Products Catalog besides tax exclusive for us to take in consideration?

edited December 2022 #41

Hi everyone, 

@Martin Pfeiffer @Olav Wolters @Nicholas Müller @Stijn Verrept @Jarek Rydz @Ray Golding @Martin Morsing Larsen @Louis Morell @Remco @Julian Steinbuch @David Bellaïche @Robert Holm_85508 @Bart Sturkenboom_76390 @Wannesd

Feel free to suggest other improvements you would like in the Products Catalog besides tax exclusive for us to take in consideration during research phase. Many thanks.

edited December 2022 #42
  • Outi Pettersson
    Outi Pettersson Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 2022 #43

This is a great news! This feature is a must for some of our customers. Have been over half a year as I raised this up in other discussion earlier this year. Hope to get this done asap in January!

Thanks!

-Outi-

• Craig Beaumont
    edited December 2022 #44

Thanks for getting back to us, I will make a list.

Honestly it will be a game changer if we get things right on this, as really don't want to add a third party plug-in to make it work.

SmartDoc's has lots of potential within our business, we are looking to digitise our sales and production process from within Pipedrive.

• Wesley_49026
    Wesley_49026 Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2022 #45

Finallllly this is a big must thanks a lot. Would love to see this being implemented ASAP.

• Felix Brumme
    Felix Brumme Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2022 #46

@Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco Couldn't we merge such threads in the forum?

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited December 2022 #47

@Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco Yes, I heared that this will finally work in the near future. Can wait to test it.

@Inês Batata This "merge" option mentioned by @Felix Brumme is one of many things which I recommended to this guy from the community building company! Would love to see this! And this would give a much clearer view on the needs to your PM colleagues!

• Jade Genga
    Jade Genga Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited December 2022 #48

I agree. We love using the Smart Docs feature (although currently it's not been functioning on our account for a few weeks. I believe it's being worked on by one of the Pipedrive Engineers). We use it primarily for invoicing, quotes, and proposals. In terms of products, we'd like to see the option to have a checkbox next to each product to select if it's a product that will be taxable during invoicing. This would be helpful, because if we add shipping or additional odds and ends that don't include tax, it could calculate tax for us on only the applicable products. Please keep us updated. Would be delighted to beta test updates.

• Craig Beaumont
    edited December 2022 #49

Yes please, I will defiantly be an early adopter and more than happy to Bata Test..

We also sell B2B - B2C and also use the UK's network of builders merchants, so a more robust VAT system we would also like to see a section to merchant commission/margin.

Example: We sell to customers via a builders merchant. Account

Price customer see's £1000.00, this has a 10% margin built in so we can send the quote directly to the customer.

So the ability to adjust and toggle on or of the the Merchant Discount % and VAT would be amazing for us.

See below a couple of examples:

• Craig Beaumont
    edited December 2022 #50

Yes please, I will defiantly be an early adopter and more than happy to Bata Test..

We also sell B2B - B2C and also use the UK's network of builders merchants, so a more robust VAT system we would also like to see a section to merchant commission/margin.

Example: We sell to customers via a builders merchant. Account

Price customer see's £1000.00, this has a 10% margin built in so we can send the quote directly to the customer.

So the ability to adjust and toggle on or of the the Merchant Discount % and VAT would be amazing for us.

See below a couple of examples:

• Rafa
    Rafa Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Sería genial disponer de un campo imagen del producto

• Quentin
    Quentin Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hello, do you now have a more precise date for the implementation of this feature?

• Jess Stacey
    Jess Stacey Pipedrive Team Posts: 38 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2023 #53

Hi @Quentin, I am one of the PMs working in this area. We've had to do a big piece of work fixing old legacy code before we could update the tax functionality, but we're getting closer, and this feature should be ready for you to test out towards the end of Q2.

• Craig Beaumont
    edited February 2023 #54

@Jess Stacey are you looking for testers, as this would be a massive improvement for us be able to finally get the VAT element sorted

• Craig Beaumont

Any update on this please

How are you guys getting around the the Tax-Exclusive? problem, I am finding this limiting my commitment to Smart Docs and producing a quote with what I would consider a pretty basic function within the Products/Deals section.

It can be achieved using spreadsheet using the sum functions but the product fields are limited and can't be used in a spreadsheet templates...very frustrating.

I believe calculable custom fields could kind of fix this issue but upgrading to another subscription level is not an option for me.

Hi, @Craig Beaumont!

Next month we will be releasing a product update, which will enable you to add tax exclusive to Products and it will work all together with Smart Docs as well. Also, in the same release fixed amount discounts and additional discounts will be added to Products and Smart Docs.

Thanks for your patience.

• Craig Beaumont

Fantastic news, you have no idea how happy this is going to make a lit of people

• Craig Beaumont

Any update on this going live @Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco 🤞

• Flo
    Flo Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Looks like it went live yesterday 🎉

• Kim Renskers
    Kim Renskers Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic

Hi all,

For a customer I'm looking in to this topic and what I'm reading is that this problem is solved, but what my customer needs is still not possible, and I don't understand why.

Is this what has been done?:

$100 per product

$7 (7%) Tax >>>_How do we get this field separate in Smart Docs?

Because the customer needs the inclusive Vat value for the reporting. But the exclusive Vat value to send to Moneybird for the invoice. But it looks like this is not possible without using Zapier to calculate the inclusive Vat minus Vat.... Any ideas on this?