Please do something about the VAT calculation of products

Options
Wannesd
Wannesd Member Posts: 2
5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

Hi;

As already lots of customers asked, please do something about the VAT calculation.

We are implementing Pipedrive CRM with PandaDoc integration.

As a B2B and B2C company in the construction business, we really need VAT separate from our product price. In Belgium, sometimes 21% VAT needs to be applied, other times 6% VAT needs to be applied and in some cases no VAT is required. The base price of product in all of this use cases is the same but the price including VAT isn't.

Can this please be taken into account?

Tagged:
9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Goran EuroWholesale
    Goran EuroWholesale Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2022 #2
    Options

It would be great to have this "Tax exclusive" option activated.

Now it has just decorative purpose:(

5ec4faae67266a16a99bc8f8_59155.png
  • Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2022 #3
    Options

Hi @Goran , thank you for your feedback! I'm in touch with the Product Manager about this and will circle back to you as soon as I have more info. 

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2022 #4
    Options

Hi @Goran , thank you for your feedback! I'm in touch with the Product Manager about this and will circle back to you as soon as I have more info. 

I'm back with an update: this is already in the list of improvements we intend to do to Products, and we plan to start working on it in the next quarter.

So good news to look forward to! 🚀

Join the Research and Beta Testing group to learn about the freshest things we're considering and working on - you can even apply to be an early adopter and give us feedback about initial versions of upcoming features.

• David Bellaïche
    David Bellaïche Member Posts: 26
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited July 2022 #5
    Options

Hi,

When I create a product, I think that Pipedrive is considering that VAT is included.

How to exclude it ? That is a problem when I create a document. I want  the total price to be shown :

What I have today in my docs :

Price : 1000 €
    Tax : 833.33 €

That is false...

What I want : 

Price without tax : 1000 €
    Tax : 200 € 
    Total price : 1200 €

You'll say that I have the possibilité to define my product price to 1200 €. But as I'm working B2B, we are talking tax-free. Do you have a solution ?

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2022 #6
    Options

Hi @David Bellaïche , thank you for your feedback and for explaining your use case so clearly, it really helps.

I did some testing on my side and indeed the system is assuming that the tax % is included in the Product price and not something to be added to it. This does not apply to all situations, like yours, and it would indeed be nice to have more options.

Right now I'm afraid that the solution will have to be to manually correct the prices, but I completely understand that that goes against the point. I'm going to forward your feedback to the team so they can consider it for future developments, as this feature is still in beta and will have further improvements (although I can't promise anything in particular 🤞).

Thank you for your understanding!

• David Bellaïche
    edited December 2022 #7
    Options

Hi @David Bellaïche , thank you for your feedback and for explaining your use case so clearly, it really helps.

I did some testing on my side and indeed the system is assuming that the tax % is included in the Product price and not something to be added to it. This does not apply to all situations, like yours, and it would indeed be nice to have more options.

Right now I'm afraid that the solution will have to be to manually correct the prices, but I completely understand that that goes against the point. I'm going to forward your feedback to the team so they can consider it for future developments, as this feature is still in beta and will have further improvements (although I can't promise anything in particular 🤞).

Hi Ines, thanks for your reply. After a few searches on this community, I've found some other posts talking about this problem.

I think you'll get a lot of happy customers with the release of this option

• Martin Pfeiffer
    Martin Pfeiffer Member Posts: 29
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2022 #8
    Options

Yes PLEASE! It is an absolute necessary function.

• Christina_19900
    Christina_19900 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #9
    Options

Hi Inês, 

any update on the "tax exclusive" button in Pipedrive? 

I just started cleaning up some stuff in our accounts, and it would be really helpful to have this option. 

Thanks and have a nice weekend 

Christina

• Marc Ouellette
    Marc Ouellette Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #10
    Options

Any update on the "tax exclusive" button in Pipedrive? 

What are the alternative 

Marc

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2022 #11
    Options

Hi @Christina and @Marc Ouellette , thank you for your interest!

This is in our plans for 2021 (hopefully early, if things go the way we want them to go), as well as other improvements to Products.

We really appreciate your patience here, stay tuned. Make sure to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.
    • Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Olav Wolters
    Olav Wolters Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #12
    Options

Please follow up on this feature! 

• Nicholas Müller
    Nicholas Müller Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #13
    Options

Hello Ines, any updates regarding this? 

We just upgraded our licenses solely for the purpose of adding products and are experiencing the same problems as David since we're working B2B.

Looking forward to an update.

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2022 #14
    Options

Hi @Olav Wolters !

We plan to make several improvements to Products in 2021, but right now I don't have the information to tell you if VAT is part of that list. We aren't very keen on giving out ETAs as things in software development can sometimes go significantly quicker or slower than expected due to depending on many moving parts. We will definitely announce them here in the Community once we have more concrete information to share. Thank you for your patience.

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • 🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Inês Batata
    edited December 2022 #15
    Options

Hello @Nicholas Müller !

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting an optimal experience with Products at the moment. We appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

We plan to make several improvements to Products in 2021, but right now I don't have the information to tell you if VAT is part of that list. We aren't very keen on giving out ETAs as things in software development can sometimes go significantly quicker or slower than expected due to depending on many moving parts. We will definitely announce them here in the Community once we have more concrete information to share. Thank you for your patience.

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Kallie Melkesian
    Kallie Melkesian Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #16
    Options

Definitely looking forward to this update

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2022 #18
    Options

Definitely looking forward to this update

Hi @Marc Ouellette and @Kallie Melkesian !

We aren't very keen on giving out ETAs as things in software development can sometimes go significantly quicker or slower than expected due to depending on many moving parts. Our goal is to release it in 2021, along with other improvements to Products, but as I hope you understand this can change if we hit some bumps in the road.

• Stijn Verrept
    Stijn Verrept Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #19
    Options

We're experiencing the exact same problem.  We even sent out multiple quotes that had wrong tax calculated.

Also: when we export abroad, we don't need to add VAT, so having products with VAT included as a default makes no sense at all.  The VAT can be different for each deal (depending on the location of the customer).

• Jarek Rydz
    Jarek Rydz Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 2022 #20
    Options

We're experiencing the exact same problem.  We even sent out multiple quotes that had wrong tax calculated.

Also: when we export abroad, we don't need to add VAT, so having products with VAT included as a default makes no sense at all.  The VAT can be different for each deal (depending on the location of the customer).

We have the same problem.

• Remco
    Remco Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #21
    Options

Still nothing? 7 months ago. This is the B2B standard...

• Ray Golding
    Ray Golding Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #22
    Options

Exactly the same problem, was hoping this had been resolved. 

Surely it can be the complicated just to add an the option to be able to show VAT as an additional charge.

• George Grimes
    George Grimes Member Posts: 5
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2022 #23
    Options

Any progress on this? We are now heading in Q3 of 2021. 

• Martin Morsing Larsen
    Martin Morsing Larsen Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #24
    Options

same challenge here

• Louis Morell
    Louis Morell Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited December 2022 #25
    Options

Hello Guys, 

Same problem here with the lack of this basic B2B function i was looking for when i purchased an advanced plan. 

The only trick i could come up with is to use the "reduction" column" (for witch the calculator works) and put "-10%", -"20%" depending on the taxes you whant.. 

Hope this helps 

• Remco
    Remco Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #26
    Options

Almost over a year now... how is it possible that a basic B2B functionality still not exists? 

EDIT: past a year now...

• Julian Steinbuch
    Julian Steinbuch Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #27
    Options

Has this been addressed in any way, Ines? Thanks

• David Bellaïche
    edited December 2022 #28
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata 

I've just re-plug the Document add-on to my Pipedrive account and found out that the VAT problem has nos been resolved. Is that correct ?

• ItemTracker Software
    ItemTracker Software Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #29
    Options

Any update on this??  I'm shocked that this isn't a feature already - most B2B businesses quote net prices & then add on VAT where appropriate.  So confused as to why this doesn't already exist.

• Robert Holm_85508
    Robert Holm_85508 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #30
    Options

Any news on this? This is very strage, why is this not implemented?

• kayla
    kayla Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Hello,

When adding product prices and taxes in a deal, the taxes shouldn't be assumed in the item price. While the tax is calculated in the summary, the subtotal and total match; I was told this was because pipedrive assumes we have the tax amount figured into the product pricing.

Thank You