Our pain points with pipedrive

ohlr
ohlr Member Posts: 24
5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

We are a startup with a hand full of people that runs on pipedrive. I.e. we use pipedrive (professional) at the core of our business for CRM, sales forecasting, project management and email marketing. Pipedrive has been recommended to us as a startup friendly alternative to HubSpot.

We have the following pain points with pipedrive as feedback but also to receive any tricks or insights on how to workaround them:

• scheduler: lacks features in comparison to calendly (i.e. can not be customized in terms of styling, embedded into website or used by a group of people)
  • projects: task notifications do not exist
  • insights: no insights on projects such as task burn down chart
  • insights: recurring subscription forecasting (infinite subscriptions only last for two years, not exportable and not integrated with revenue insights...)
  • pipedrive gmail integration - useless, not being worked on for months (last update august 2022)...
  • UI does not update (there is no other software that we have to update/refresh manually with F5)
  • Language/Spell check support: writing emails in multiple languages is not possible since pipedrive only accepts one language to provide spell checks. In comparison gmail auto detects the language which is currently being written in. But then again sending from gmail does not work because it doesn't have a proper integration with PD (no tracking/lead assignment etc.)
  • Google Analytics Integration: Basically not existent. I don't know where the lead came from
  • Email Composer Bug (reported but not fixed for weeks): "Reply all" in lead view deletes topic

The above issues are all well known to the community and probably pipedrive but it seems like they are not prioritized at all...

Any suggestions or alternatives that we could opt for?

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited March 2023 #2

Pipedrive are very frustrating and excellent in equal measure. Their live chat support team are great. On here, they just ignore comments like yours, or this one.

I've seen one of their team state the community forum is not where they provide support. They essentially just want us to be beta testers and help each other out, whilst only replying when it suits them, which is infrequently, or if they've got a new feature or add-on to plug.

Expect your comment to go unresponded to. I think they cover their ears to any criticism.

• ohlr

Hello Graham,

I can understand the pipedrive team they can not do everything at once. But the their prioritization according to the product talk is still a bit disappointing: https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/12027/pipedrive-product-talk-roadmap-2023-q-a-from-the-webinar#latest.

I figured, the only thing we can do is to better communicate what we think is missing.

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

Hi Ohir,

I don't think it's the customers who need to better communicate but PD. After all, we're telling them our wishes, problems and feedback on the forum. PD largely don't respond. It's the being ignored that really bugs me, smacks of an arrogant company culture. Though in fairness, their live chat support are lovely.

Graham

• Andrus Purde
    Andrus Purde Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper

Hi @ohlr

Many things you highlighted (eg. gmail integration) are part of the core product experience, I'm guessing Pipedrive will improve these based on available resources and product priorities. But for some, you can choose add-ons from the Pipedrive (Apps) Marketplace

Outfunnel (where I am co-founder) could potentially help with two use cases:

• ohlr

Update:

• Lead view does not support "Smart Data Search"