"HIdden" field I can borrow in Activities?

Greg Kujawa
Greg Kujawa Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

The Pipedrive Outlook calendar integration lacks a bit for our user's needs. For example, items are added into Outlook as UTC time, there isn't a default 15 minute reminder for them, not enough body, description, and activity type data appears in the Outlook item, etc.

So I am using the Pipedrive API along with the Microsoft Graph API to perform a custom sync. So far so good. Although for editing existing Outlook calendar items that are synced is a bit of a challenge. To keep things simple, I am looking to store the Outlook calendar event ID in an available Activity field. That tells me that the Pipedrive activity has already been pushed into Outlook. I'm only looking for one-way sync. Anything in Pipedrive will push or update in Outlook.

At this point all I need is some rather obscure Activity data field that will hold the value. I tried using the conference meeting client field, but it doesn't allow enough characters. It only allows 20 characters, while the Outlook calendar event ID appears to be 152 characters long. 

Any suggestions about an Activity field that I can use? Preferably one that the users won't accidentally overwrite.

Thanks all! 

Comments

• Greg Kujawa
    Greg Kujawa Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #2

UPDATE: for now I'm just using the public description field, since users typically don't drill into that field when defining an activity. Usually just the subject and the note fields are sufficient.

• David Lorbiecke_3
    David Lorbiecke_3 Posts: 190 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2020 #3

UPDATE: for now I'm just using the public description field, since users typically don't drill into that field when defining an activity. Usually just the subject and the note fields are sufficient.

Hey Greg, for more API related issues, I would actually recommend taking a look at our Developer Community.

You can post there the same question as others may have done something similar and I'll see if I can come up with an idea as well.