Last Activity Date - For Notes Entered

Maxium Dsouza
Maxium Dsouza Member Posts: 3
edited July 2023 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

I noticed that the updating notes on a contact/deal is not considered as an activity and thus the last activity date is not updated. I think, like a call, email action through Pipedrive is considered as an activity, the manually updated notes should also be an activity on a contact/deal. What does the rest of the community think?

Tagged:
1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited June 2022 #2

I think a note is not necessarily that you did something, but more that your logging something to the deal.

• Maxium Dsouza
    edited June 2022 #3

I think a note is not necessarily that you did something, but more that your logging something to the deal.

Notes can be a log but also an activity as if there has been a call on other company numbers that are not integrated to the pipedrive  or a walk in or a fax receipt. Thus a note entered is an activity and the last activity date should be updated. This is important so when we run a filter to compile the contact untouched in the last 30/60/90 days this particular account should be left out.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2020 #4

Hi @Maxium Dsouza , thank you for your feedback!

When you're filtering using activity-type of conditions in Pipedrive, that filter will only look for actions logged as activities, so naturally notes will be left out, as they are separate entities.

To make sure your filter catches everything that's relevant to you, I suggest creating an activity (call, meeting, email, etc) and writing your notes within the activity itself. That way you'll still have all the information that's important to you and you make sure it shows up when you filter.

• Maxium Dsouza
    edited May 2020 #5

Thanks for this information. So this way i need to log every inbound call as an activity and mark them as done.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Hi @Rodrigo Mendonca MKT thanks for the heads up! I am converting this conversation to a feedback request so our product team can see it.