Is there a way to automatically associate activities with the contact's organization?

Options
melissab
melissab Member Posts: 2

Anytime a new activity is created from Calendar Sync it links the contact but not the Organization or Deal. Is there a way to automate this so that it completes those fields automatically?

My ideal automation would be:

Trigger:

• Activity is created or updated AND Contact is not Empty
  • Linked Organization is Empty AND/OR Linked Deal is Empty

Action

• Update Linked Organization to Linked Organization of Contact
  • Update Linked Deal to Linked Deal of Organization IF Organization has Open Deal (This is probably asking too much but would be ideal)

This is the first time I've ever run into this issue with a CRM & I don't know why it's not a default setting. Unless I'm missing something?

Answers

• Gabriel Ramos
    Gabriel Ramos Member Posts: 28
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Hello melissa,

About your asks

rigger:

• Activity is created or updated AND Contact is not Empty ( can be done by zapier/make)
    • Linked Organization is Empty AND/OR Linked Deal is Empty ( can be done by zapier/make)

Action

• Update Linked Organization to Linked Organization of Contact (Can be done)
    • Update Linked Deal to Linked Deal of Organization IF Organization has Open Deal (This is probably asking too much but would be ideal) (The problem here is if the company has more than one open deal attached to it, but you can ussualy link to the last updated deal relatively easy)

Hope it helps, if you need some directions glad to help.