webhook: products in deal

Options

Is it possible to add an additional type of webhook that will send the updated content of the products in the deal. I need to set up the transfer of information about products added to a deal to my system and I would not like to regularly poll the API endpoint GET /v1/deals/{id}/products

2 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 176
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Filter deals webhook with a product change and if change then poll deals/{ID}/products.

Hookdeck does this for me.

• mufik
    mufik Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

there is no information about the product change in the webhook. v1 has information about changing products_count and value, but what to do if the changed product is similar to the one with the price?. v2 does not come at all. how to get the webhook that the products have changed to poll GET deals/{id}/products only when really needed?

• Josh Buesking
    Options

I understand better now.

While not ideal you could create a filter where nothing else changes except update time to poll GET deals/{id}/products.

Not ideal but I also would suspect that rarely does the product qty or value not change in this scenario but not familiar with your user case.

Products does needs some enhancements and I can see your situation.

• mufik
    Options

In my specific case, the client can be given a personal discount (change the price of the product in the deal without editing the product itself), or provide an alternative option (replace the product). So far, I've solved the API limit issue by creating a separate application with oAuth to retrieve information about the products in the deal when needed. This temporarily provides a sufficient number of requests in 2s. But I would still like to be able to set a webhook with the products.deal event

• mufik
    Options

there is no information about the product change in the webhook. V1 has information about changing products_count and value, but what to do if the changed product is similar to the one with the price?. v2 does not come at all. how to get the webhook that the products have changed to poll GET deals/{id}/products only when really needed?

• Josh Buesking
    Options

I don't think there's a way, at least that I'm aware of.

I'd try asking here though.

https://devcommunity.pipedrive.com/