Lead to Won Deal Report

Options
Josh Monifi
Josh Monifi Member Posts: 91
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper

Hello! I feel like Pipedrive can do this, but I am struggling to find where...

Our Marketing team has a number of web forms and other processes in place to get Leads into the Leads inbox. Viable leads are eventually converted to Deals. Then a (sometimes long) period of time can pass. The Deal is eventually (hopefully) WON.

Marketing would like to know how many of their Leads eventually lead to a Won Deal. How do we make this report happen?

Thank you! - Josh

Answers

• Andreia Costa
    Andreia Costa Pipedrive Team Posts: 133 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Hey @Josh Monifi 👋

If you are using Leadbooster and our Webforms, in that case, there's a default field titled "Lead Source" that you can use with Insights. So maybe a report for Lead Conversion can work for you, here's an example: https://sharing.pipedrive.com/i/OFJOey

I'm also leaving an article on this one: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/insights-reports-lead-conversion

Now, if you are not using Leadbooster it really depends on how that information is coming to Pipedrive. If it's something that uses API, I'd suggest you check out the API option under "Lead Source".

I hope that helps!

• Josh Monifi
    Options

Thank you @Andreia Costa! Couple questions!

• I know about the default "Source" column in the Leads Inbox, but this field does not seem to pull in to Deal list views. Or am I missing something.
    • Also, this Source isn't granular enough. It would be AWESOME if once we selected Lead Source > Web Forms, the system allows us to choose which exact Web Form the lead came in from. See my post from this morning that also gets at this: Workflow Ideas: LinkedIn to Pipedrive Leads & Deals — Pipedrive Community
    • Because we wanted a Lead/Deal Source to show up in Deals, we added a Custom Field for Lead/Deal Source, the issue is that Users don't fill it out!

We just got approved for Zapier, so we are excited to explore the world of APIs!

Thanks!

• Andreia Costa
    Andreia Costa Pipedrive Team Posts: 133 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Hey @Josh Monifi !

• You're super right, the "Source" field is not available on Deals, but if you were to look at the Conversion report, you'd only need the field in the Lead section, so you'd look into X leads that came from a Webform + that were converted to Deals
    • Yes yes, again, super right! I'll share this feedback internally with our Product Developers. To identify what leads or deals come from a Web Form, I often suggest that people use the Prefix section - so it would help show where that item comes from, but it does not work with Insights since we can't use Text-based fields with it - so 100% there's room for improvement there. If maybe they are looking just for numbers, perhaps exporting that information would work? If a Prefix is added to the Lead and the Lead is converted to a Deal, the Prefix is still part of the Deal and that means, it can be filtered, found and exported.
    • Great thinking! So what about making it a mandatory field? If Users were to try to move stages with that deal or mark it as won or lost they can't do it without adding data to the field! It does mean it needs a Professional plan and if you're on that plan or higher, then I'll leave that suggestion 😁

Zapier is great! It's not something I use often and it's been a while so I'm rusty 😅 but it opens lots of doors, so I'm sure good things will come out of using it!

• Josh Monifi
    Options

Hi @Andreia Costa! Thanks so much for providing this feedback to the product team! We love that Pipedrive is always getting better and listens to its customer's suggestions.

Good thinking on an export to Excel! That may be exactly what we need to do.

Crossing my fingers for some Zapier magic.

Many thanks!

• Audrey
    Audrey Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi @Josh Monifi!

It's great to see Pipedrive acknowledging users needs in a timely manner.

Just wanted to let you know, while you are waiting for Pipedrive to add the support, you can also do this in Relay.app (disclaimer I work there). We are a more flexible workflow automation tool, and have tons of integrations, including Pipedrive. For this use case, you can set something up like this:

You can get started for free at relay.app/signup, and we'd be happy to provide personal and timely support to get this set up (VC, Slack, email, etc)! :D