New: Grouping of Fields 🗂️

Options
Manuel Oliveira
Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,102 COMMUNITY MANAGER
5 Likes First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
edited December 2023 in What's New #1

Organizing fields has become easier with the ability to create custom groups for fields. You can bundle related fields into common categories to make your information easier to manage and consult.

Admin users can:

• create new custom field groups
  • reorder the placement of groups in the details
  • reorder custom fields within each group

Non-admin users can:

• see groups and custom fields contained within them
  • collapse and expand groups

This feature is gradually rolling out to companies throughout September 2023

Tagged:

Comments

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 346
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Options

Nice! Looking forward to testing it!

Would be great if you could activate it in our accounts

• PD Experts
    • PD Experts - Testumgebung
    • PD Experts - Entwicklung
  • Ryan Larson
    Ryan Larson Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Amazing, thanks so much!!! This is huge! This has been the only missing feature that we've really been needing.

I hope in future enhancements that Pipedrive considers adding the ability for custom groups to be seen/hidden based on permission groups. We have almost a hundred custom fields and it would be great to only display the custom groups that are pertinent to each role.

• Pipedrive User 164
    Options

@Manuel Oliveira if it's possible to get my account active sooner than later I would appreciate checking it out the feature. Thank you!

• Lucas MAGNE
    Lucas MAGNE Member Posts: 163
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    Options

Awesome news ! 🔥

Is it possible to test this new feature in my accounts ?

Thanks !

• Paul von Kessel
    Options

Awsome news!!!! Hope to try it very soon!!!

Thanks!

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 157
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Brilliant, looking forward to using this feature soon. Thank you

• Dez
    Dez Member Posts: 27
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Options

will this also be for deal fields? it i where the most customs fields for us are located

thank you

• anthonyr
    anthonyr Member Posts: 11
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

Does anyone have an issue where the Custom Filed Group accordion does not stay closed/open from deal to deal. It would ideal if a closed accordion defaulted to closed for all deals and stayed open for all deals if left open.

• Pipedrive User 164
    Options

I think this is going to be good being able to organize field into collapsable groups. I do find the number indicator somewhat annoying however.

• Pipedrive User 164
    Options

@Manuel Oliveira Every time that a value is put into a field that is in a group and then that field is saved the entire webpage shifts down making it necessary to scroll down again to the next field that needs to be entered. That isn't going to work.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,102 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    5 Likes First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi everyone, our product team is monitoring the feature usage and your feedback as well. A few bugs have been detected, and as a consequence, the rollout has been paused while these are worked on. If all goes to plan, this feature will be widely available by October 2023.

• ramonscardua
    ramonscardua Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Can i try this feature now? 🙏

• Rikke Oland
    Rikke Oland Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Not available for the "products" section?

• SteveTD
    SteveTD Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I like the idea of this, however it is throwing up a few issues for us, in that by adding this feature, we seem to have lost the ability to mark fields as 'always visible'. This was especially useful for us as we use a combination of custom and default fields and liked the ability to organise these. The new feature only allows you to add custom fields to custom groups. You can't mix and match so far as I can tell. This means now that our only option in lead and deal details view is to either expand to see ALL fields or show only filled fields. This doesn't work for us as we have many fields utilised by marketing that aren't relevant for the sales team when working on leads.

I'd love the option to make certain fields 'always visible' again. 🙏🏼

• anthonyr
    Options

You can leave the field out of a group and it will always show

• guuyef
    guuyef Member Posts: 21
    First Comment
    Options

nice!! would be happy

• darrenc
    darrenc Member Posts: 7
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Why can't I see this feature yet?

• Pipedrive User 164
    Pipedrive User 164 Member Posts: 171
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

The rollout of this feature was put on hold part way through due to bugs from what I recall being posted @darrenc

• Pipedrive User 164
    Options

@Manuel Oliveira Not sure if this is on the radar. When changing the name of a field that is in a group the field jumps to the top of the group after being saved. This is very much unwanted behavior by me and I would guess unwanted by others as well.

• Pipedrive User 164
    Options

@Manuel Oliveira Some feedback. I think I would like to see the counter go away entirely. At minimum it would go away when the group is expanded but it doesn't really seem all that valuable since a glance at the fields will reveal how many are empty.

• David Štefanko
    David Štefanko Member Posts: 19
    First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

Hi @Manuel Oliveira,

it's a great feature. I can see it's available for deals, persons and organisations. Could you make it also available for Project fields?

Many thanks!

• David Štefanko
    David Štefanko Member Posts: 19
    First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

@Manuel Oliveira

Folks, is it just us, or did button "Lead/deal detail view as pinned" in the editing window for a custom field not only disappeared, but also stopped working in deals themselves?

• Craig Beaumont
    Craig Beaumont Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    Options

Hi @David Štefanko has the section just toggled off with the filter button

• Hanna Homb Reistad
    Options

Hi! We experience the same issue as mentioned by Steve - taking the field out of the group does not make it always visible, so we are also hoping for the functionalilty "always visible" to be availible again

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 346
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Options

I agree with @Hanna Homb Reistad. You need this to encourage your colleagues to fill out fields which are not important at the first glance like the branche or a company size. You don't do this if you don't see it.

• Rich Preston
    Rich Preston Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Terrible update for us.

The recent update has created a mess with the structure of our custom fields in the side panel.

The biggest issue is that we can't make a field "Always Shown". We can only show ALL fields or just the ones with data. We need to be able to show some fields even if they're empty, without cluttering the layout with ALL fields.

We're actively seeking an alternative CRM unless this improves soon.

• Smeltzer Gloria
    Smeltzer Gloria Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited October 2023 #30
    Options

Does anyone know why the Custom Filed Group accordion doesn't remain open or closed between deals? A closed accordion should ideally default to closed for all transactions and, if left open, remain open for all deals.

• anthonyr
    Options

I totally agree. It's totally random on which it defaults to. Support told me it should remain closed if it was closed no matter what deal you go into and stay open following the same rules. It would be great to have a setting that allows us to set if a group is open or closed by default.