An activity that's triggered by a specific date

Options
Carl Slatford
Carl Slatford Member Posts: 5
edited February 2023 in Sales CRM #1

I want to create an activity that's triggered by a specific date. For instance, an activity that is only visible from 1st January onwards. This trick is is that I don't want this to be scheduled until 1st Jan. Is this possible?

Answers

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

You can't change the visibility to be on a specific date.

You can potentially use automations to make events with DUE DATES in the future 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi @Carl Slatford !

Activities in Pipedrive become visible the moment they are created, even if their scheduled date is far into the future. 

You can build an automation that creates an activity with a due date up to 2 years in the future, or even assign it a due date that matches another item's custom field (has to be a date type of custom field - like a "delivery date" field on a Deal, for example). See the image below.

Currently our automations don't have a time-delay option (yet), so the activity will be created/be visible the moment the trigger happens - it will just have a due date in the future.

Can you let us know a bit more about what you're trying to achieve overall, so maybe we can think of other ways?

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Good day Carl. I am a big PD fan, but I have been lobbying for date-based triggers for automations for a long time.

Pipedrive has shared some information with me to demonstrate real progress toward this goal, and something is coming. We, and our customers, wait (im)patiently. 

In our vision of the feature, the "activity" you describe would not exist until its creation is triggered by an automation, based on a date.... so you will have to be patient with us!

• Carl Slatford
    edited June 2020 #5
    Options

Hi @Carl Slatford !

Activities in Pipedrive become visible the moment they are created, even if their scheduled date is far into the future. 

You can build an automation that creates an activity with a due date up to 2 years in the future, or even assign it a due date that matches another item's custom field (has to be a date type of custom field - like a "delivery date" field on a Deal, for example). See the image below.

Currently our automations don't have a time-delay option (yet), so the activity will be created/be visible the moment the trigger happens - it will just have a due date in the future.

Can you let us know a bit more about what you're trying to achieve overall, so maybe we can think of other ways?

Hi Ines

Thanks for your response. I wanted to be do exactly that, to time-delay a trigger. We have promotional periods throughout the year,  for instance one starting on 1st Jan. I wanted an activity to trigger on all live leads two weeks before 1st Jan, so 15th Dec, to remind the sales team to inform clients of the forthcoming sale period. However I didn't want this activity to become visible before 15th December.  Does that make sense?

Thanks

• Carl Slatford
    edited June 2020 #6
    Options

Good day Carl. I am a big PD fan, but I have been lobbying for date-based triggers for automations for a long time.

Pipedrive has shared some information with me to demonstrate real progress toward this goal, and something is coming. We, and our customers, wait (im)patiently. 

In our vision of the feature, the "activity" you describe would not exist until its creation is triggered by an automation, based on a date.... so you will have to be patient with us!

Thanks for your reply Joseph! Ok understood, its good to hear its something thats being considered. Ill watch this space...

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2020 #7
    Options

Hi @Carl Slatford !

Makes perfect sense, thank you for clarifying @Carl Slatford . Time-delay is something we're working on for Automations, so keep you eyes peeled for news in the upcoming future.