Deal to Project relation and Activities

Options

Hello,

if I can assign deals to a project, why it's not possible to assign an activity to a deal and project?

I see I can assign an activity to a deal OR a project, but not both.

Let's say I have three deals with a lot of activities assigned to them. All these three deals are assigned to a project. Is there a way to filter out all activities related to this project? For example, for time reporting?

Answers

• Jared
    Jared Member Posts: 53
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment First Answer
    Options

@Thomas Szteliga can you explain why you have 3 active deals for someone? Typically, you want to keep the number of active deals low. Then, when a deal is marked as won, that triggers the project to start, which can be pre-defined.

Tell me a little more about your unique situation. Why does the contact have 3 deals?

• Thomas Szteliga
    Thomas Szteliga Member Posts: 38
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi @Jared

a simple example would be a customer buys lots of different stuff, like servers, software, smartphones, services. Each one is a separate deal, because it's related to a different order / subject / department at the customer's side etc.

But there is one person on the customer side, which coordinates all these "projects" / "orders".

Some deals will be closed this week, others next month, and others will take a few months to close because they're complicated and related to other things.

That's why I have often multiple open deals for a single contact.

Let's say you order a new server cluster for your ERP system => I create a deal. It will take ~2 months to close.

You need a smartphone => I create a next deal - will be closed in the next few days.

Then you need a large WiFi installation for your new plant - this deal will take 3-4 months at least, so it's the third deal. And so on.

• Thomas Szteliga
    Thomas Szteliga Member Posts: 38
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

@Jared now I think I know what caused your question. My customers are 99% recurring customers. I use Pipedrive to keep control of who needs what.