I'm struggling with this Leads Inbox. It does not fit my lead qualifying process.

Erwin Cammelbeeck
Erwin Cammelbeeck Member Posts: 25
First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

I'm struggling with this Leads Inbox. It does not fit our way of working. If I have an unqualified lead and want to ad this to Pipedrive through the leads inbox, I have to create a deal. But sometimes you don't want to add a deal to an unqualified lead. You just want to qualify it and add it to your Pipedrive contacts so you can nurture this lead until the lead is warmed up enough to ad to a pipeline. The Leads Inbox does not provide this functionality so I have to qualify my leads outside Pipedrive before I add them to my contacts. So this new feature does not work for me. IS there any one else who has the same struggle? 

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

@Erwin Cammelbeeck what qualifying actions are you doing before you want to add them to your contact list and/or pipeline? How do you nurture them and warm them up?

• Erwin Cammelbeeck
    edited November 2020 #3

@Erwin Cammelbeeck what qualifying actions are you doing before you want to add them to your contact list and/or pipeline? How do you nurture them and warm them up?

Well, we qualify if the lead is in the DMU, if the company is large enough to become a customer, if there is a need for our software tool and how mature the testproces is of the lead (considering that we develop a test management tool). If all (or the most) qualifying criteria are on green, we ad them to our contactlist in Testersuite. Whenever a lead wants an appointment or a demo of out tool, than we add them to our pipeline. Now some new leads may directly enter the pipeline but some of them need to be nurtured. So these nurture leads we add to the contactlist and we send them emails, call them once in a while, etc... untill they become a sales qualified lead and we add the to our pipeline (starting with an appointment or demo). So if we have a list of unqualified leads and we can add them through te leads Inbox, we can discard them, add them to our contactlist for nurturing of ad them directly to the pipeline. Now we miss the opportunity to add them to the contactlist. Does this explain our struggle? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #4

@Erwin Cammelbeeck thanks for sharing. So do I understand it well that once emailing/calling and other comms features are enabled in the Leads inbox it would actually start to fit your process so that you can nurture them in the leads inbox and in case they are interested move them over to your pipeline? Good news this is in the plans, it won't happen next week unfortunately just yet, but we're planning this update.

• Erwin Cammelbeeck
    edited October 2020 #5

If that is the case, then I guess it would be more suitable for us. So let's wait and see. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #6

Yes, we're keen on improving the leads inbox in Pipedrive a lot over the coming weeks, months and further in the future. It still takes some time but I'm sure we'll start to fit your process better and better over time, hang in there! :) 

• Josh Rugg
    Josh Rugg Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7

Mike, If I can jump into this conversation: those features are bare minimum feature adds

The workflow for pacing and following up on leads is so different from the deals section,. I'm still not sure why you changed, what was a very intuitive process. 

Importing lead lists via CSV is useless, the way you have the fields setup. As it is now, I must concatenate the first, and last name fields in my leads lists so it conforms to your full name field. That make no sense. 

I'm hoping you get this thing working like your deals section. At that point, I'll be a super fan. Thanks for letting me add my two sense. 

Good luck, Erwin. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #8
    Josh Rugg said:

Mike, If I can jump into this conversation: those features are bare minimum feature adds

The workflow for pacing and following up on leads is so different from the deals section,. I'm still not sure why you changed, what was a very intuitive process. 

Importing lead lists via CSV is useless, the way you have the fields setup. As it is now, I must concatenate the first, and last name fields in my leads lists so it conforms to your full name field. That make no sense. 

I'm hoping you get this thing working like your deals section. At that point, I'll be a super fan. Thanks for letting me add my two sense. 

Good luck, Erwin. 

Thanks for sharing @Josh Rugg we need those comments by you and Erwin to keep improving. I'll make sure our team sees these comments and discusses how to best move forward :) enjoy the weekend!

• Josh Rugg
    Josh Rugg Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited June 2020 #9
    Josh Rugg said:

Good luck, Erwin. 

Thanks @Mike van der Valk for all you guys do. I love using Pipedrive. Can't wait to see what you do with Leads Inbox. 

• Cevat Kusku_16085
    Cevat Kusku_16085 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #10

@Mike van der Valk Hello Mike, is there any further development on this topic? I want my leads to be in the leads inbox but I want to control if they are going to be converted into person and eventually into a deal? This is a standard practice in many companies I believe. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #11

@Mike van der Valk Hello Mike, is there any further development on this topic? I want my leads to be in the leads inbox but I want to control if they are going to be converted into person and eventually into a deal? This is a standard practice in many companies I believe. 

Hi @Cevat Kusku, currently it's standard behaviour a contact person is created from a lead. When we released the feature that didn't happen by default and caused a lot of confusion and duplication of contact records with having them separated between leads and contacts. We described the change here: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/leads-inbox-improvements-for-users-in-all-plans-5f5207ea42e5de146e1c72e1