Live Chat on mobile

Options
Frank Filippelli
Frank Filippelli Member Posts: 96
5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic

I don't find that live chat works on the mobile app the way this video says it does...

https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/live-chat

Can someone please make sense of this for me because I pay an extra $50/month to use this live chat function but I can't even find it on the mobile app.

7 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Tony Xavier
    Tony Xavier Pipedrive Team Posts: 48 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hello @Frank Filippelli,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It seems like the video in the article is a bit outdated, and we have brought this to the attention of our internal team. The Live Chat function is currently not supported within the Pipedrive mobile app, but you can access it from the Web App and with the desktop notification enabled, you will be alerted about new conversations.

If you have any trouble setting up the notifications or any questions about the the Leadbooster add-on, kindly contact our support team.

• Frank Filippelli
    Options

But what's the deal, why would Pipedrive get rid of such an important feature?... And why does it seem as though you guys are slowly killing off the mobile app. These days it is imperative for a successful app to have a useful mobile option because everyone does business on the go and most people don't even own desktops anymore. Yet you guys don't maintain your mobile app and you don't even have a mobile friendly website or PWA which is the very least you can do. So What's going on, is Pipedrive dying or do you guys just not care?

• jmassimo
    jmassimo Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I agree. I really need a live chat on my site has all my traffic is being driven to my website. However, the live chat functionality as it stands is fairly useless to me as I am always out in the field running a construction crew. I can't nurture my leads or get alerts on new ones if the mobile app barely works.

I also agreed that the mobile app in general is sub sub par. On top of that, the website isn't mobile friendly at all. It seems like this software is being geared towards teams of people sitting in a call center somewhere and not towards small businesses where the principles need to run multiple facets of their business including the sales.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,078 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi everyone, live chat on mobile is a feature request and so I have moved it to the feedback section. This is so our product team can look into it, and other users can upvote and share their experience.

• Frank Filippelli
    Options

@Manuel Oliveira Thanks for that, but just to let you know this is not something that needs to sit on the public forum for years collecting upvotes just for you guys to see how valuable it really is. You guys are professionals and should clear be able to see what a no brainer features like this are for the platform. You don't need us to spoon feed you every possible update idea one-by-one. Just push ahead and get these crucial features done, trust me no one will complain if the app is more useful and efficient…

By the way, please don't start getting distracted with all this AI/Automation hipe and forget the other important features (like this one) that really should have been on the app since the beginning.

• jmassimo
    jmassimo Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I agree with Frank. This is absolutely crucial.

The app is incredbly weak for what we are paying for every month. This is something that needs to be addressed in a month not over the course of months / years.

• sarastich
    sarastich Member Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

True, someone from my team told be, it used to work, but does not anymore, which is a pain, because the LiveChat Notifications where more reliable per mobile usage. Anyone with an update here?

• Frank Filippelli
    Options

We've been ignored too much for far too long. I'm so tired of having my business held back by Pipedrive's incompetence. I'm done with this shit! We are officially in the process of leaving Pipedrive!