Have the option the mark as done the the recurring tasks from an external calendar

Options

Since Pipedrive doesn't offer recurring activities right now (and from what it seems it's something that has been pushed for more than 3 years - it's probably pretty complex to implement! - no judgment). It would be great to have the option to keep track and be able to mark as done the the recurring tasks from an external calendar. Right now the recurring tasks can't be interacted with (moved/marked) which makes it a bit useless.

Would love to hear anyone's thought on this.

1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• PipeDriver
    PipeDriver Member Posts: 16
    First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

I've devised a method to automate the scheduling of recurring activities/tasks using Make.com, an automation tool akin to Zapier. This solution is particularly useful for ensuring tasks are automatically reset to the next Monday of the following month upon completion. Here's how I set it up:

The Setup:

1. Define an activity type that is for recurring tasks.
    2. Webhook Activation: The process begins with a webhook scenario that is triggered anytime an activity is updated. This instant response to activity status changes is crucial for timely updates.
    3. Identifying Recurring Tasks: Upon activation, the scenario checks the activity type. I specifically categorize tasks intended for this automation as "Recurring Task." This categorization helps in precisely targeting the tasks that need to be rescheduled.
    4. Completion Filter: Next, the scenario filters activities to identify those marked as "done." It's essential that only completed tasks proceed to the rescheduling phase to maintain accuracy in task management.
    5. Scheduling the Next Activity: For tasks identified as completed, the system then calculates the date for the next month, adjusting it to ensure the new task is set on a Monday. This step is vital for avoiding weekends.

Custom Recurrence Intervals (on make.com):

To accommodate various scheduling needs, I've created separate scenarios for different types of recurrences (weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.). Each one has a unique set of variables to calculate the appropriate next due date.

This method ensure we have recurring tasks/activities that we are require to list as done at the checkbox. This enable tracking for those tasks.

If you're interested in a more detailed breakdown or the specific variables used for each scenario type, I'm more than willing to share. Let's help each other create more efficient workflows!

P.S. I am not advertising or paid by anyone to write this.

• PipeDriver
    PipeDriver Member Posts: 16
    First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

I've devised a method to automate the scheduling of recurring activities/tasks using Make.com, an automation tool akin to Zapier. This solution is particularly useful for ensuring tasks are automatically reset to the next Monday of the following month upon completion. Here's how I set it up:

The Setup:

1. Define an activity type that is for recurring tasks.
    2. Webhook Activation: The process begins with a webhook scenario that is triggered anytime an activity is updated. This instant response to activity status changes is crucial for timely updates.
    3. Identifying Recurring Tasks: Upon activation, the scenario checks the activity type. I specifically categorize tasks intended for this automation as "Recurring Task." This categorization helps in precisely targeting the tasks that need to be rescheduled.
    4. Completion Filter: Next, the scenario filters activities to identify those marked as "done." It's essential that only completed tasks proceed to the rescheduling phase to maintain accuracy in task management.
    5. Scheduling the Next Activity: For tasks identified as completed, the system then calculates the date for the next month, adjusting it to ensure the new task is set on a Monday. This step is vital for avoiding weekends.

Custom Recurrence Intervals (on make.com):

To accommodate various scheduling needs, I've created separate scenarios for different types of recurrences (weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.). Each one has a unique set of variables to calculate the appropriate next due date.

This method ensure we have recurring tasks/activities that we are require to list as done at the checkbox. This enable tracking for those tasks.

If you're interested in a more detailed breakdown or the specific variables used for each scenario type, I'm more than willing to share. Let's help each other create more efficient workflows!

P.S. I am not advertising or paid by anyone to write this.