Attaching Products

Options

It has been identified there are two different prompts when adding Products to Deals.

In the first prompt, you are adding a deal using the pop up box. The button to attach products in the pop up is clicked and the line item data field appears, however you have to start type at least first 3 characters of the product name for the prompt to show which product to attach.

In the second prompt, you are attaching products via a deal. When the pop up appears, the prompt to attach products appears without the need to type the first 3 characters.

It would be useful to have this function standardise where the second prompt is used across all methods of attaching products to deals

Tagged:
2 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco
    Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco Pipedrive Team Posts: 69 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi @Edie Mew!

Is it possible to send a screenshot?

I think I didn't understand what the two prompts were (In the "Add deal modal" and "Add products to a Deal modal"?)

• Edie Mew
    Edie Mew Member Posts: 169
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Answer
    Options

Hey @Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco

Thanks for the message, screenshots below.

First image shows having to type the product first 3 characters and the second image shows a list which appears without typing

• Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco
    Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco Pipedrive Team Posts: 69 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi @Edie Mew!

I have understood now. We will include it as feedback for the Products feature 👍

• Edie Mew
    Edie Mew Member Posts: 169
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Answer
    Options
  • Craig Beaumont
    Craig Beaumont Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    Options

Kind off related, I am just trying to get this out there…

Automatically pull in a product description from products in Pipedrive. or at least have the description available on this screen so we can copy over the base description and edit in the notes box.

As a bespoke joinery/manufacturing business we frequently edit the base description of a product, it would be fantastic to be able to edit this description, then this would reflect across all smart documents.

We have several documents including Quotes, Works Orders, Delivery Notes, Invoices & Drawings, we currently have to edit every SmartDoc separately, this is prone to type and description errors from one document to another.

We could copy and paste from the original document but this is a very clumsy way of achieving what could be very simple if implemented via this screen