First Comment
    edited November 2023 #32
    Options

bump, need this feature

• Mx Moritz
    Mx Moritz Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #33
    Options

Easiest would probably be when I define the activity I want to assign them not just an icon, but also a color.

As a salesperson I need data that informs what I have to do next to close a deal.

And as a salesmanager I need to color my data in a meaningful consistent way across all reports and optimally across dashboards as well to know if we are on the right track.

Both things Pipedrive advertises widely in their promotional materials.

• Paige Pennigar
    Paige Pennigar Member Posts: 7
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2023 #34
    Options

Just want to echo this - when I run reports by lead source to see progress, it's so frustrating that the colors for each source random. On a dashboard, I should be able to look at lead>deal conversion charts and won deal conversions by lead source and those sources be the same color across multiple charts. Right now, I have to ignore the colors across charts because a specific lead source might be blue in one chart but pink in another.

• Paige Pennigar
    Options

Just want to echo this as a crucial upgrade to insights. Not being able to assign colors in the key defeats the purpose of visual charts; if you're displaying charts for comparison and the colors for "X" in chart one is blue and "X" is purple in the next chart, this just creates confusion. I'm quite surprised Pipedrive hasn't fixed this for over a year. This feels like a pretty common feature for any platform capable of producing these types of reports...

• Nathan
    Nathan Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Another +1 here. This renders the reporting so useless that we will be considering a move, probably to hubspot, to make sure the reporting is actually usable. For me with this issue still not addressed PD is a CRM without a reporting feature and that is not good enough for the price we are paying and the requirements we have.

• gdp.golegal
    gdp.golegal Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Same here, essential feature in my opinion !!

• Dan Lord
    Dan Lord Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Adding another vote for this - it is a very important feature for us

• RI
    RI Member Posts: 15
    First Comment
    Options

Upvote as well from here

• Jro
    Jro Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #40
    Options

+1 for this one. How come this essential feature hasn't been fixed in 2 years ?

I work for an IT consultancy company. I suggest to hand it over to us so we can fix it for you :).

• Laszlo Schreiner
    Laszlo Schreiner Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited November 2023 #41
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk

Is there any updates on this?

As this would be really useful to have, if the goal is not reached then the graph is red and if reached it turns to green.

• Constantin C.
    Constantin C. Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

+ 1 here. Super crucial issue.

• Paige Pennigar
    Options

Surprised this hasn't been fixed/updated since the original post almost 3 years ago...@PipeAdmin any update? This is a crucial feature and it making a case for us to find a new CRM. Consistency across reports is so important.

• Adam Sullivan
    Adam Sullivan Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2023 #44
    Options

I am having the same problem. My dashboards show different revenue streams and the colour indicating each one differs in each widget. Having colour option would make the dashboard read better at a glance.

• Jamie Ware
    Jamie Ware Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Hello Pipedrive, please fix the Insights feature so that we can all maintain colours over our reporting. Our Management would like an easy view that provides consistency and reliability of data.

• vinnie2k
    vinnie2k Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

+1 here as well. Very important for readability.

• CPAMD
    CPAMD Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2023 #47
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk

I'm finding the same issue now. It's always bothered me, as the inconsistent colouring has meant I have to check the legend every time. Even for charts side-by-side on the same chart dashboard, which are segmented by the same fields. e.g. I could have two charts segmented by user name, and one shows John as Green, and Steve as Blue, but they're reversed on the next chart.

It's getting silly now though; I've just run a chart where one segment is orange, and the other is a slightly darker orange!

Simply giving the user the option to manually select/change segment colours would be great.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Charles

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited November 2023 #48
    Options

Hi @CPAMD

Great news, next month we'll start working on the ability for users in Pipedrive to customize the colouring on Graphs in Insights. So this should after that work is finished be resolved. We hope to deliver it still this year :)

• CPAMD
    CPAMD Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2023 #49
    Options

Thanks @Mike van der Valk

Great news!

• Erik Hupje
    Erik Hupje Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

+1

Being able to specify colors for e.g. products, labels, status etc. so they remain consistent across charts would be great.

But if we just start with being able to specify colors per chart, that would be a great step in the right direction.

• kradeka
    kradeka Member Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Another upvote. Just made a pie chart. Colors were blue . . . and the exact same shade of blue. Not even a different color - the exact same color.

• sroyston
    sroyston Member Posts: 10
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Are there any updates on this development?

• sroyston
    sroyston Member Posts: 10
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment
    edited September 2023 #53
    Options

Currently, Pipedrive selects a color palette for each of the bars and graphs in Insights. We are not able to select the color palette and, most importantly, you can't select colors for each custom field. This means that is is not possible to use the graphs for comparative data because the same custom field could be represented as a different color on two different graphs/ charts. This inaccurately represents sales data. Please allow for color customizations. Our team would like to expand and use Pipedrive's Insights capabilities, but this is a big issue.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,101 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    5 Likes First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi everyone, there is an update in the works that is expected to resolve these needs, planned for around Q4 2023. Stay tuned for announcements!

• Michael Guthrie
    Michael Guthrie Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2023 #55
    Options
  • Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited November 2023 #56
    Options

Hi @Michael Guthrie we're still working on it and expect it to be live for all users by the end of this month :)

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,101 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    5 Likes First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi everyone, this feature is now rolling out! Find out more here.

This discussion has been closed.