Missing and disappearing activities?

Eric Johnisee
Eric Johnisee Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Has anyone else been experiencing activities disappearing from their lists? I've now found two tasks that were on my activity list that are no longer there. These were linked with contacts, organizations, and deals, and these don't show up in any of those places.

I get the daily "Activity Reminder" email, and I went back to an old one and clicked on the task that is now missing. It takes me to the task detail in Pipedrive, but I can't access this activity any other way. I can even update it from there and it pushes the update to my Google Calendar via the one way sync.

So, it's IN Pipedrive, but we can't get to it. I've been told that Engineering is looking into this and I hope to hear back soon. In the meantime, we're dropped the ball on a couple of tasks because they've fallen off of our to-do list.

Tagged:

Answers

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2020 #2

Hi @Eric Johnisee !

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue and hope to see things back to normal soon, as our engineers are working in your case. 

I checked and saw that my colleague Stacey has been in contact with you. She is you best point of communication for this situation and will keep you updated about any news. Thank you for your patience! 🚀

• Eric Johnisee
    Eric Johnisee Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3

Thank you, Inês. Yes, support has been very communicative and I know that they're working through this. My primary reason for posting here is to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this. I'm a pretty small fish in your user base, so I'm trying to figure out if this is something I've done, or if there's something I need to do to make sure this isn't happening. :-)

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #4

Thank you, Inês. Yes, support has been very communicative and I know that they're working through this. My primary reason for posting here is to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this. I'm a pretty small fish in your user base, so I'm trying to figure out if this is something I've done, or if there's something I need to do to make sure this isn't happening. :-)

No problem at all, rest assured that big or small we give all our users the same dedication in Support.

The Community is just the place to exchange ideas, tips and advice from other users, that's exactly our intention with having one. 🙂

• Jennie Ekigbo
    Jennie Ekigbo Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #5

I have been experiencing disapparing activities too.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited August 2020 #6

I have been experiencing disapparing activities too.

Hi @Jennie Ekigbo have you already spoken with our support team via the in-app chat or support@pipedrive.com 

That will be the best and quickest way to go to figure out what's happening and get it fixed. Sorry about the inconvenience!

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Member Posts: 70
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7

@Mike van der Valk @Inês Batata 

We have 4 users with disappearing activities. The user profile page actually shows their deletion. Apparently, this seems to be related to calendar sync - one user stopped syncing and no more deletions. Issues have been reported multiple times - support indicates they have not identified the issue.  Guys who have reported are Tyler and Alain.

This is about the fastest way to get users to lose confidence in the system. I had one user lose 25 scheduled activities for the next few months. Oy.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #8

@Jan Visser Good to hear from you again, although the reason why isn't good :( 

I've double checked with the engineering team and communicated the urgency of this for your team and anyone facing this issue in Pipedrive. We're doing all we can and hope to resolve this for all of you.

In the process though, the quickest and fruitful communication will be via the support chat. Our solutions experts are in direct contact with the support engineers and can give you the latest updates the quickest.

Once again my apologies to you and any other facing this!

• Yoris
    Yoris Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020 #9

We have 4 users with disappearing activities. The user profile page actually shows their deletion. Apparently, this seems to be related to calendar sync - one user stopped syncing and no more deletions. Issues have been reported multiple times - support indicates they have not identified the issue.  Guys who have reported are Tyler and Alain.

This is about the fastest way to get users to lose confidence in the system. I had one user lose 25 scheduled activities for the next few months. Oy.

@Mike van der Valk Same issue here.

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #10

Hi @Yoris , we're sorry to hear you're having this trouble.

For these types of situations the quickest and most effective means of communication is our SUpport team. Our solutions experts are in direct contact with the support engineers and can give you the latest updates the quickest.

I recommend you reach out and expose your case to them and they will help you step by step and keep in touch with our engineers if their intervention is needed: How can I contact Pipedrive Support?

Thank you!

• Bud Strandquest
    Bud Strandquest Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #11

I have been experiencing lost activities also.  Last week I  lost a few activities (client meeting activities).  Thought I'd eventually find them, but haven't yet.  Today, I lost another activity.  In this case,  my client wanted to reschedule our meeting into January.  I went to the activity, updated the meeting date and time.  I also added more information to the notes.  Afterwards, I selected the save button.  Since I lost the previous activities, I took care to copy and save my notes in case I lost this one.  After saving the updated activity, I tried to reopen it, but it disappeared as what happened before.  Any suggestions appreciated.  Otherwise, I'll need to re-create all the lost activities.  

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2020 #12

I have been experiencing lost activities also.  Last week I  lost a few activities (client meeting activities).  Thought I'd eventually find them, but haven't yet.  Today, I lost another activity.  In this case,  my client wanted to reschedule our meeting into January.  I went to the activity, updated the meeting date and time.  I also added more information to the notes.  Afterwards, I selected the save button.  Since I lost the previous activities, I took care to copy and save my notes in case I lost this one.  After saving the updated activity, I tried to reopen it, but it disappeared as what happened before.  Any suggestions appreciated.  Otherwise, I'll need to re-create all the lost activities.  

Hi @Bud Strandquest 

So sorry to hear that! Please reach out to our support chat so we can help you find them back. I'll also loop in our product manager to review your comment.

One thing I've noticed that can happen is that accidentally a colleague of yours might remove an activity in Pipedrive and since this is synced with your calendar it might remove there as well.

Nonetheless, please talk to our in-app chat so we can help you out and again my apologies.

• Dulce Covarrubias
    Dulce Covarrubias Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary
    edited March 2021 #13

I just started to experience this issue as well, is very worrying that 9 months after it was first flagged, there is still no solution to it.

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited March 2021 #14

@Dulce Covarrubias I am sorry to hear that!

I hope you have also reached out to our support to troubleshoot it as well as find the root of the issue.

I am afraid that with the information provided it is very hard to pinpoint what exactly is going on, let alone troubleshooting it here on the community.

But I am hopeful that you get help from our Experts.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Jeremy M.
    Jeremy M. Member Posts: 11
    5 Likes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Yep. This has happened to me multiple times as well. Completely unacceptable that a CRM can lose your activities. One of the most basic functions of a CRM.

Please let me know if anyone has found a solution as Pipedrive engineers cannot find the solution.