Are fixed-value discounts ACTUALLY this difficult?

Options
2»

Comments

• MauricioFPG
    MauricioFPG Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #32
    Options

Hello! Any updates on this? I´m also trying to find a $ discount, not a percentage discount.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,078 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited July 2023 #33
    Options

Hi everyone, this conversation is being converted to a feedback request so that our product team can investigate further.

• Jens Bohse
    Jens Bohse Member Posts: 22
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes
    edited July 2023 #34
    Options

@Manuel Oliveira In another thread, there was already a discussion about it and it was said that it comes this month. Is that true?

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,078 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited July 2023 #35
    Options

Hi @Jens Bohse , it is being developed according to the latest information shared here by a member of the team working on it. I will merge these conversations for more visibility, rather than separate discussions :)

• Jens Bohse
    Options

@Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco @Kätlin Sandvik The function is now there (thank you 🫶), but how is it considered in the API export, so far I can see nothing there. Is there a possibility that if you give a fixed discount, that it is then displayed proportionally on the products at "discount_percentage"? In the deal export via API is unfortunately still the full price

• Zain Javed
    Zain Javed Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Hi @Manuel Oliveira @Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco We have a similar problem as @Jens Bohse where we can't get any reporting or insights on discounts. We would like to see how much discount was given in a particular time period as well as discount by deal owners and products.

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Hi @Jens Bohse and @Zain Javed

Indeed, right now there are still some limitations in reporting. Will share your questions and needs with the Product team.

• Jess Stacey
    Jess Stacey Pipedrive Team Posts: 38 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi @Jens Bohse,

I'm a PM working on the Products feature. We will be shortly updating the API, and the existing discount_percentage field will be replaced by discount and discount_type fields. You'll get 60 days notice when this change happens, and during this time we'll support both schemas (all three fields will coexist).

Please note, the exception is the additional discounts functionality, which will not be supported by the API.

Hope this helps.

Jess

• Jens Bohse
    Options

Hey @Jess Stacey, thank you!

The additional discount is not taken into account by the API, not even under deals? That doesn't do anything then?! We have linked our invoice program with the API. Then the function is unnecessary for many. 

• Jens Bohse
    Options

@Jess Stacey any updates here?

• Jens Bohse
    Options

@Jess Stacey do yo have an update for me?

• Jess Stacey
    Jess Stacey Pipedrive Team Posts: 38 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi @Jens Bohse

Correct, the additional discount is not available in the API, so you won't be able to extract this information to another tool. We do have plans to add it to a new version of the Products API in future, but I have no timeline for that right now.

In the meantime I'll make a note of your feedback as it will help us to prioritise this work in the future.

Best,

Jess

• Jens Bohse
    Options

@Jess Stacey One waits so long for the feature, and then it really doesn't help at all. How are we supposed to pass the discount on to our invoicing tool?

Why isn't such a feature planned from start to finish and not just halfway...