How to manage a B2C business with Pipedrive?

Paul_5750
Paul_5750 Member Posts: 14
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

How a B2C business must be manage in Pipedrive? 

We are just starting with Pipedrive and wondering how a B2C business information should be imported  / handled. In our actual spread sheet, a person is a customer/home owner with its owns address, contact information, sales... 

Should a virtual organisation must be create for each person in order to get the full benefits of Pipedrive? 

Any tips on the B2C subjects would be appreciated. 

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2020 #2

Hi Paul,

I have setup one such system for a luxury furniture company.

I don't use the organization feature at all.

Just People -> Deals -> Activities.

Hope this helps.

• Paul_5750
    edited June 2020 #3

Hi @Amit Sarda

Thanks for you input on this topic! It seems that it makes a lot of sense for the king of company to avoid organizations. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited June 2020 #4

Hi @Paul 

Thanks for sharing and welcome!

I think what can help you the best is not to use the "organization" part of the tool. However, you can create any data field you need on the contact person such as address and many others via the use of custom fields.

Please take a look at this video and check out the rest of the Academy to learn more and let us know if you have more questions: https://www.pipedrive.com/en/academy/courses/get-started-with-the-basics/chapters/custom-fields-and-filtering

• Paul_5750
    edited June 2020 #5

Hi @Mike van der Valk  

Thanks for the video! I watched it yesterday.

It seems you have good reasons for not using organization and one of their benefits of presenting of transactions summary. What would make you opt for this strategy? 

• Jennie Lau
    Jennie Lau Member Posts: 18
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2020 #6

Hi@Paul ,

I also run a B2C biz and my answer to the discussion linked below will help give you insight how I've learned to use the organization field in Pipedrive. You get this part right from day 1, you'll be able to see where majority of your business comes from. Although I cannot change the word 'Organization' to something else like referral source. I have only 1 purpose for that field, and that's to track my source of business. Organization page can filter, # of open deals, # of won deals vs lost deals. The close deals is just the total of won + lost deals. 

Keep things simple your individual customers should be imported as a 'Person' in Pipdrive. Google contacts syncs very nicely with Pipedrive, you should look into it. Hope this helps. 

https://community.pipedrive.com/question/i-m-a-real-estate-agent-just-getting-started-with-pipedrive-i-d-like-to-track-th--5ed01b8a62e8785e06a91eaf?answerId=5ed13b24eea4e627815e695d

• Paul_5750
    edited February 2022 #7

Hi @Jennie Lau 

Thanks for sharing your usage of Pipedrive! Tracking referrals is interesting!  I am leaning toward something like this. 

Let says Bob and Mary Smith are prospects or customers their organisation could be "Bob and Mary Smith". This way I guess it would be easier to track communications on this deal for these 2 customers. 

It sounds like you did a similar implementation. 

• Jennie Lau
    Jennie Lau Member Posts: 18
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2020 #8
    Paul said:

Hi @Jennie Lau 

Thanks for sharing your usage of Pipedrive! Tracking referrals is interesting!  I am leaning toward something like this. 

Let says Bob and Mary Smith are prospects or customers their organisation could be "Bob and Mary Smith". This way I guess it would be easier to track communications on this deal for these 2 customers. 

It sounds like you did a similar implementation. 

Hi @Paul

Actually in that scenario I would handle it a little differently, since Bob & Mary Smith would have been referred to me through a different source or as I like to call it, referral partner. Let's just say Bob & Mary Smith was referred to me by their Financial Advisor named Mo Money. 

• Bob Smith and Mary Smith will be automatically synced through phone google contacts group I creatively named 'Pipedrive Group' (each of them will be added as a contact Person in my Pipedrive. 
    • I'll create a new Deal in Pipedrive, let's call it 'Bob & Mary Smith purchase'
      • Bob Smith is added as a participant to this deal
      • Mary Smith is added as a participant to this deal
    • As for the the Organization, I'll have one named 'Financial Advisor Mo Money' and attach it to 'Bob & Mary Smith purchase' Deal. 
      • Since Mo Money regularly refers me different clients, I'll have multiple deals tied to 'Financial Advisor Mo Money' Org. When I go to filter Organizations in pipedrive, I can see where my most of business is coming from because I make the columns - Open deal, Won deal, Lost Deal, and Closed deals visible. If Homer Simpson was a realtor that refers me business his organization name in my pipedrive is 'Realtor Homer Simpson'.  I do it this way so that I know the industry and the individual source that refers me the most business. Sometimes it's actually a past client that refers me the most, so besides being a personal contact in Pipedrive, I create an organization for them named 'Past Client First Last Name' 

Your business sources will be different but the concept is still the same. You just have to be clear on what how you plan to work your deals/pipeline everyday and how you plan to use the organization field. In my case, it's useful for me to track business referral sources.