Create leads based on incoming email

Options
2»

Comments

• Miguel Soares_29740
    Miguel Soares_29740 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2021 #32
    Options

As per my original request (I think some threads got merged?) looking to get the Inbox connected to the Leads so that Leads can be started from emails in the inbox, as well Leads able to hold email conversations. 

Very keen for an update too. 

Hi @Matt Vernon-Clinch   exactly, i agree, but the question is that in tehe INBOX there is a old problem in the PIPEDRIVE --->  the emaisls are not seen by every sales persons

thats why i was so happy about the LEADS section

ComplimentS
    MS

• Christian Petrou
    Christian Petrou Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #33
    Options

As per my original request (I think some threads got merged?) looking to get the Inbox connected to the Leads so that Leads can be started from emails in the inbox, as well Leads able to hold email conversations. 

Very keen for an update too. 

+1 "upvote" lol

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2021 #34
    Options

Add me to the list of upvotes.  Is there a zap to a 3rd party software that could accomplish this now?

Hey, Miguel!

Sorry for the delay in reply.

Even though I do not possess all the data on why the change was done -

It was a combination of constant feedback requests from existing Pipedrive companies that needed Leads to be linked to at least one other item in Pipedrive.

The need for leads to be synced to external contacts (which was not happening before) and Pipedrive app

To bring consistency and make sure contact people are not scattered between Archive, Leads and Contact views

I have, however, communicated your feedback to the product manager since I understand that it is not an ideal implementation for you.

And yes, I got now news from the marketplace manager who confirmed that the issue here is that when you select action of "Create a Lead" in Zapier  - instead of also creating a contact/organisation - it searches for an existing one, if there is no match - a lead cannot be created.

In order to fix it - you need to create a two step Zap

Step one - to create an organisation/contacts

And only on step two you choose to create a lead.

The product manager is sharing our feedback with Zapier, but, I am not sure any actions wwill be taken to change the behaviour.

Thank you for understanding,

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Miguel Soares_29740
    Miguel Soares_29740 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2022 #35
    Options

Add me to the list of upvotes.  Is there a zap to a 3rd party software that could accomplish this now?

Hi @Vladimir Dubakin 

Thank you for your feedback.

I will try to do that in ZAPIER, but again, it makes no sense that we need to create/associate a Organization/person to a possible LEAD that we dont know yet if indeed is a valid LEAD

Do you know that 30% of the emails we receive in our inbox are "trash" !! 

This will make OURPIPEDRIVE database of organizations and persons to be  desorganized and with lots of TRASH,

Your LEADS "inbox" should be a open repository of emails, contacts, website forms, etc. that indeed must be treated by the sales team, and

One thing is a LEAD that is created with the person/organization that already exists in the PIPEDRIVE, ok, in that case it should be associated.

But when its a new LEAD ( i mean new organization/ person(, then we should be able to decide what to do with that LEAD.

IMPORTANT: And another sugestion. PLEASE, please dont erase/delete the LEADS from the LEADS section when we convert them to DEALS. We need to have this LEADS section with all the LEADS, we will TAG them diferently when we convert in a DEAL

Compliments
    Miguel Soares

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    edited February 2021 #36
    Options

Thank you for the feedback, Miguel!

I see why and how that could be useful and have passed over the feedback from you!

In regards to workarounds for now:

1. If you have a lot of Spam coming in - you can create Leads and at the same time add a label to all the contacts that are being created (f.e. You can create a "lead" Label for your contacts https://sharing.pipedrive.com/JXAIvD and then create a filter to show all the contact except the ones that have this specific label  https://sharing.pipedrive.com/4AJcpW 
    2. You can also create an automation which will delete a contact person that is linked to a Lead: https://sharing.pipedrive.com/uIT2GJ
    3. You do not have to always convert lead to a deal - but, you can easily open a deal for a Lead using automation. 1st step - assign a label to a lead to trigger automation (f.e. "hot" lead): https://sharing.pipedrive.com/UequLl    2nd step: Create an automation that will open a deal when you label a Lead - https://sharing.pipedrive.com/oc9j0a

Hope that helps,

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Sami Ringvall
    Sami Ringvall Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #37
    Options

8-6 months ago it was told that Pipedrive team is working whit this "lead from email" issue. Any news, when this option is available?

• Christian Petrou
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #38
    Options

8-6 months ago it was told that Pipedrive team is working whit this "lead from email" issue. Any news, when this option is available?

+1 on this as well.  Especially when using a third-party integrated email campaign solution like Lemlist...

• Helio
    Helio Pipedrive Team Posts: 63 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    edited May 2021 #39
    Options

Hello!

It is possible to email leads within the Leads tab, as you can see here - https://sharing.pipedrive.com/r0pET2.

It also gets linked to the Lead in the mail tab - https://sharing.pipedrive.com/m8wMe7.

If you have any doubts or have any issues with this feature, please reach out to our support team. Here are the different ways in which you can do so - Contacting Pipedrive support

• Sami Ringvall
    Sami Ringvall Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #40
    Options

Thank you for the answer but the question was can you create leads based on incoming email?

• Christian Petrou
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #41
    Options

Hi all,

It's in the pipeline to start working on connecting the email section of Pipedrive to the leads section. I'll pass this on to the team who will work on it.

GO TEAM GO!! :) 

• Bronson Coutts
    Bronson Coutts Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2021 #42
    Options

This really is the one HUGE thing that Pipedrive is lacking, the ability to manage email enquiries without having to be assigned or filtered through a salespersons inbox.

• CORE@Pipedrive
    CORE@Pipedrive Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021 #43
    Options

Is there anyway to do this yet, this is exactly what I need right now.

E

Is there any progress on this? We really would need to be able to create leads based incoming email. 

Right now only users onboarded into pipedrive can send mails to pipedrive and then have to create leads manually. There needs to be an easier way to connect incoming mails to pipedrive.

• Viacheslav Kravchuk
    Viacheslav Kravchuk Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #44
    Options

Any updates on this functionality?

• Mark Rousseau
    Mark Rousseau Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #45
    Options

Really, really need this!!  Any updates?

• Bruce Herzer
    Bruce Herzer Member Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Agreed, this is key. Upvoted.

• Barry Benton
    Barry Benton Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Another vote! Any updates?

• Thomas Szteliga
    Thomas Szteliga Member Posts: 38
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Any updates on this?

• Kyle Pucci
    Kyle Pucci Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Another vote!

Has anyone figured out how to use the Zapier workaround to actually tie the email to the lead that gets created? I can create a lead, but can’t get the email to show up with it.

• Bruce Herzer
    Bruce Herzer Member Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited November 2022 #50
    Options

Hi Kyle:

It's not ideal but I have an integration working that upon email receipt creates a new person object, and attaches the email as a note. It may be the case that you can't attach an email to a lead object, I'm not sure. We don't use the lead object in our workflow.

Trigger is New inbound email in email by zapier

Create person in PD

Delay for 2 mins (to give the system time to create it)

Find person in PD by matching the inbound email

Create note attached to the person ID.

• Gohar Shafique
    Gohar Shafique Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Hi,

Any update on this feature?

• kaydoh-sales
    kaydoh-sales Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I would have thought something as basic as this is part of the automation workflow. Are we having to use 3rd party sources to identify incoming emails as lead sources?

• franzmaruna
    franzmaruna Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

we need this too.

please when you add this use the REPLY-TO field for the lead info, and not the FROM address.

we have a lot of forms across our marketing sites that take info and can submit to an email address with a submitted email as the reply-to. Having those automatically become leads is pretty important and central to us moving to PipeDrive now.

• Piotr
    Piotr Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2023 #54
    Options

@Mike van der Valk

Any updates? Important functionality with lots of untapped potential.

• Thomas Szteliga
    Thomas Szteliga Member Posts: 38
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Anything happening here?

• aikades
    aikades Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Adding an upvote here for this feature!

• Ian Curtinsmith
    Ian Curtinsmith Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Just signed with PipeDrive and I have a shared mailbox for our inbound sales

1. there is no way to add a shared mailbox O365 mailbox to the Email sync
    2. I have leads coming in thru a webform that goes to Leads In, and emails sent to staff are in the INBOX

Happy to convert the shared mailbox to an active mailbox with o365 if makes life easier

But I want one location where my staff go to monitor their inbound leads and action them

Currently I have someone monitoring the Leads in which is populated from a webform and then they need to log out of there user and then log in under the sales users to look at the emails and then convert them all to Leads in

Can we please have a way to bring new Leads sent to an email box to show up automatically in the Leads In area ?

The easiest way I can think for this to happen is if we have a Lead In email address

E.g we currently have

* Lead specific email example companyname+xxxxxx+leadexxxxxxx@pipedrivemail.com

But this attaches the email to a specific Lead and doesn't create a new one

* Universale email, example companyname@pipedrivemail.com

But this attaches the email to a current deal, or contact and doesn't create a lead in the Lead in

Would be good to have a LEAD in email. I.E companyname+leadin@pipedrivemail.com. That way I can redirect our sales@domainname.com.au to this email and it would appear in our Leads In area

Any chance guys of doing this ?

• Ramon_899
    Ramon_899 Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I vote for this feature.. very strange that this is not possible in PipeDrive..

In many other solutions you can create for example projects from email, they give an email kind of: leadsin@pipedrvie.com so we can send and the project is created.. here the lead should be created