Can Pipedrive pull in emails from O365 and create contacts?

Bruce Herzer
Bruce Herzer Member Posts: 4
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Hi,

Our company has a sales inbox at a corporate O365 email account.  Prospects email it directly.

I am trying to automate the creation of a new person, deal, and activity when we receive emails to that inbox.

What is the best way to do this?  I am experimenting with forwarding to the universal bcc address but without any success so far.  Is there a way to provide the O365 credentials to Pipedrive so it would monitor that inbox?

Thank you for any insight.

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2020 #2

Hi @Bruce Fairclough !

In the Advanced plan you can use 2-way email sync to simply connect your Pipedrive inbox to whichever folders in Office365 you want to and email will be mirrored in both inboxes (no need to use Smart BCC anymore). 

This plan will also give you access to Workflow Automations, which you can use to create automatic actions when certain things happen in Pipedrive; a new person from an email would still need to be manually created, but from that a new Deal and Activity could be automatically created using automations.

As to the Smart BCC it should work normally if you're manually forwarding the email messages to it - the emails should show up in your Pipedrive inbox. Please try out these troubleshooting steps and reach out to our Support team if the issue persists.

• Bruce Herzer
    Bruce Herzer Member Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #3

Thanks Ines,

Can you clarify what you mean by Smart BCC should work normally if I am manually fowarding email messages to it?  I could not find this explained in the user documentation anywhere, though it does appear that - like you are saying - BCC works if I do it manually but does not work when I use an automated rule in Outlook to automatically redirect emails.  Where can I find out more?

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2020 #4

Thanks Ines,

Can you clarify what you mean by Smart BCC should work normally if I am manually fowarding email messages to it?  I could not find this explained in the user documentation anywhere, though it does appear that - like you are saying - BCC works if I do it manually but does not work when I use an automated rule in Outlook to automatically redirect emails.  Where can I find out more?

@Bruce Herzer  Smart BCC is not deactivated when you have a 2-way sync active, so you can still use it to manually make some email messages show up in Pipedrive if you want to.

It won't work in some cases when there's an automatic forwarding rule, though, because Pipedrive won't recognize the email address that's forwarding the email (which is often a generic no-reply@domain.com type of address, even if you're sending from your own email address) and can't match it to the Pipedrive account the Smart BCC belongs to. 

In these cases you will need to teach Pipedrive to recognize this other email address, but keep in mind that it needs to belong to an inbox you actually have access to, as a confirmation email will be sent to it. See here how to do it: Who can forward emails using the Smart Email BCC feature?

You can see this explained here: Why are my BCC'd emails not arriving in Pipedrive?

If you're still having trouble or need help, please reach out to our Support team who can help you do any further troubleshooting necessary.