Do you qualify your leads before adding them to your pipeline or do you add them all?

Nilangan Ray
Nilangan Ray Member Posts: 3
Integration Partner
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

I have observed that businesses usually do one of these three things: 

• Have a sign up webform that integrates with Pipedrive and creates contacts on CRM when somebody signs up.
  • Use a data tracking software that syncs deals to Pipedrive.
  • Using a software to marketing qualify deals and getting deals added for MQLs.
  • Add all leads as contacts and manually shortlist them.

Which is the strategy that has worked for you? 

When we first launched Salespanel, we made it that leads who are captured from forms, live chat and email marketing were automatically added as contacts on Pipedrive along with their data and website tracking information. Users would then use Salespanel added filters on Pipedrive and shortlist contacts and created deals from then. 

Fast forward to today, we are seeing that many Salespanel users are using a strategy where they set up a lead qualification module on Salespanel and when leads were qualified, Salespanel would create a deal on Pipedrive. A few users have also set up notifications on Slack for sales when this happens. 

I am wondering what you guys do that is the most effective for your business and also helps you save time. Do leave a comment.

Comments

• Ralph Tommaso_892
    Ralph Tommaso_892 Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

I create a deal with a suspect pipeline status and move it to qualified or lost once we make contact

• Jan Bons
    Jan Bons Member Posts: 27
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #3

We use three different stages to qualify:

• Suspect (we qualify on Market and Organization)
    • Prospect (We qualify on Persons)
    • Lead (We qualify on Opportunity)

Each stage has required fields guided by automated actions.

The fields are mostly dropdown, but we use also free text fields

• Nilangan Ray
    Nilangan Ray Member Posts: 3
    Integration Partner
    edited June 2020 #4

I create a deal with a suspect pipeline status and move it to qualified or lost once we make contact

Hey Ralph.

If I understand correctly, your qualification process is sales based. You do a discovery call and then if they are qualified, you move them further in the pipeline? Is that correct?

• Paras Kuhad
    Paras Kuhad Member Posts: 7
    Integration Partner
    edited June 2020 #5
    Jan Bons said:

We use three different stages to qualify:

• Suspect (we qualify on Market and Organization)
    • Prospect (We qualify on Persons)
    • Lead (We qualify on Opportunity)

Each stage has required fields guided by automated actions.

The fields are mostly dropdown, but we use also free text fields

Hi @Jan Bons 
    That's a beautiful framework.

What kind of tools and techniques you use at Suspect and Prospect stages? What are your filter criteria on each stage and how do you make sure that the process is installed in your sales and marketing toolset and quantified.