New: Products Widget functionality 🚀

Ilja S
Ilja S Pipedrive Team Posts: 3 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Comment
edited August 26 in What's New #1

Hello there, I’m Ilja from Products feature team and on behalf of our team I am glad to introduce you the new functionality called Products Widget 🎉

New enhancement will especially empower our customers who sell products, services or SaaS licenses.

With this feature, you'll be able to accurately manage:

• Quantity, description and amount of each product
  • Total quantity of products
  • Subscription frequency and number of cycles

Where:

The new functionality can be found in the Deal details view

Availability:

Available for all plans

What’s next?

We’ll gradually roll out this functionality to all companies in the upcoming weeks

Thank you and we are looking forward to any feedback you may have on this! 🙏

Tagged:

Comments

• Janus Askø Madsen
    Janus Askø Madsen Member Posts: 25 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic

Hi @Ilja S

Sounds great - looking forward to test it. Do you predict in any way, that it will be possible to add a unique serial number to the products widget?

We sell software along with a unique piece of hardware. That piece of hardware has a serial number. So what we would need is the ability to

a) import an overview of all the hardware licenses we have (and will add in the future)

b) the option to relate one or more licenses to a person or organization

Hope my question makes sense

• Boppa
    Boppa Member Posts: 47 VERIFIED MEMBER
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Now you're talking! Looking forward to being able to pull product custom fields into this view (fingers crossed)! Thanks for the constant updates, PD!

• NLatNWEnforcement
    NLatNWEnforcement Member Posts: 14 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Janus Askø Madsen

Couldn't a custom field be used to track the serial number?

• Boppa

@NLatNWEnforcement I think what @Janus Askø Madsen is getting at is that there are no custom fields available in the new widget, only stock fields like name, product code, qty, etc.

• jp-apps
    jp-apps Member Posts: 5 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Fourth Anniversary Photogenic First Comment

This is good. There seems, however, to be somewhat of a disconnect between a deal's Subscription and product-related information like MRR. These two things are separate and only Subscription information can be reported on within Insights. All deal product information features are good but nothing is really useful to supervisors/managers/executives if it cannot be reported on with Insights.

• Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco
    Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco Pipedrive Team Posts: 96 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    Third Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer

Hi @jp-apps,

Product Revenue reporting fuelled with product-related information is currently being worked on and will be released in Q4. In a couple of weeks, there will be more news to share about it 🙏

• Craig Beaumont
    Craig Beaumont Member Posts: 71 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I do like this little update, but I would appreciate a little love & attention on the product section in the deals, specifically the yellow notes section.

The below idea would be greatly beneficial to us as a sales & manufacturing company:

Automatically pull in a product description from products in Pipedrive. or at least have the description available on this screen so we can copy over the base description and edit in the notes box.

As a bespoke joinery/manufacturing business we frequently edit the base description of a product, it would be fantastic to be able to edit this description, then this would reflect a cross all smart documents.

We have several documents including Quotes, Works Orders, Delivery Notes, Invoices & Drawings, we currently have to edit every SmartDoc separately, this is prone to type and description errors from one document to another.

We could copy and paste from the original document but this is a very clumsy way of achieving what could be very simple if implemented via this screen 

• Ilja S
    Ilja S Pipedrive Team Posts: 3 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment

thank you all for your feedback! noted!
    yep, this area will have more love and improvements in upcoming period. stay tuned!

• Boppa

Just received the panel update and, while I am usually pretty fired up about most PD updates, this one leaves me a little underwhelmed. Can't see any of the Product detail at all, and I was already able to see all of this data easily in the Products link in the summary section.

And the extra click after opening the panel - what's that all about?

The ability to import historical product info against each order is the only feature missing for us. Once this arrives, we are already ahead of our inhouse software that took us 5 years to build which we never thought possible.

Keep plugging away PD, we believe in you!

• Nikolai Sokolov
    Nikolai Sokolov Member Posts: 117 VERIFIED MEMBER
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Up Votes

Yeah I totally vote for more product placeholders available in SmartDocs, since a lot of info can indeed be stored in products. Being able to add custom fields of products to the new products tile would be amazing too.