Workflow automations not working for imported deals

Kevin Phillips
Kevin Phillips Member Posts: 2

I am setting up Pipedrive and testing everything out. I have created a number of workflow automations which are working correctly for manually added deals. However, when I import numerous deals the automations are not triggered. 

How can I get workflow automations to be triggered for imported deals? 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited November 2020 #2

The Pipedrive automations will not trigger on imported deals.

You will likely be able to recreate that automation using a third-party tool like Zapier. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Kevin Phillips !

Indeed importing does not trigger automations - we designed it that way as a safety measure to avoid accidentally generating large numbers of unwanted workflows if users had forgotten that they had a certain automation active (see the note at the end of the article here).

I can see how in some cases that would be the desired effect, though, so I've made sure to relay your suggestion internally to our team for consideration. Thank you for your feedback!

• Kevin Phillips
    Kevin Phillips Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #4

Thank you for the responses. I found a work around by creating a new stage at the beginning of my pipeline I've labeled "Imported". After importing the new deals I then do a bulk update to change them all from the Imported stage to the Lead In stage and it kicks off the automation.

• Praveen Kumar
    Praveen Kumar Member Posts: 24
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #5

Hi @Kevin Phillips

If you're looking to automate emails as and when new deals get imported - would you be interested in trying an email automation tool like Klenty. 

It's got great integration with Pipedrive and lets send automated emails, follow-ups and tasks at scale. The automation works at every stage of your sales pipeline. One time click - you can just toggle on 'auto-import' from Pipedrive to Klenty and cadence start automatically to newly added prospects. 

Auto-import happens every 6 hours - so you don't miss any deal slip through the cracks. 
    Check out Klenty at Pipedrive Marketplace - https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/klenty/4ea6d81e4599a462

• Anastasiia Dyshkant
    Anastasiia Dyshkant Member Posts: 20
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #6

Hi! Try to import your data in an automated way with a free Sample Migration. You can do it on your own. Or use  Guided Self-Service Migration and we’ll do the entire project for you. For more details, contact us or email us directly at sales@trujay.com.

• Pete Mahon
    Pete Mahon Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #7

Hi @Kevin Phillips !

Indeed importing does not trigger automations - we designed it that way as a safety measure to avoid accidentally generating large numbers of unwanted workflows if users had forgotten that they had a certain automation active (see the note at the end of the article here).

I can see how in some cases that would be the desired effect, though, so I've made sure to relay your suggestion internally to our team for consideration. Thank you for your feedback!

Hi @Inês Batata  - is there an official Pipedrive recommendation for how to do this when a client wants this for bulk uploads? Or can the support team do something in the background to bypass the safety for a specific instance/client?

• Ruben Koers_47116
    Ruben Koers_47116 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2021 #8

Hi @Kevin Phillips !

Hi @Inês Batata ,

I would also be interested in a solution. I want to importo organisations, and if they have the label "warm lead" I want to create a deal. But unfortunately the trigger doesnt work. 

• Bramak Studio
    Bramak Studio Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2023 #9

When we do a prospection process, we capture cold leads. At this moment, it's useful to send an email automation, to try to reach a meet.

Doing it, one at a time takes a very long time.

Naturally, the best sales experience is not doing cold emails at all. But is a good option when we don't know the decision maker.

I think that you provide a very good solution. At least as far as Pipedrive offers a native option.

• @Bramak Studio

Here's an article that outlines this approach:

• Shriram
    Shriram Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment

how can we then do it without intervention? we need a way out... if someone triggers a bulk mailer without proper checks and conditions in place, it is their undoing and not on pipedrive to shoulder that responsibility. Please enable automation for bulk imports also.