Sales Documents + MS Word - Usability tests!

2»

Comments

• Bruno Domingos
    Bruno Domingos Posts: 27 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited August 2020 #32

Hi Bruno.  I would seriously caution about releasing this to the wider world.  It is seriously buggy, unable to load documents from One Drive, or create new template without crashes.  Very unintuitive and difficult to use without someone talking you through step by step.
    I spent 90 minutes trying to re-create a Pipedrive template to match our Company quote template.  The first step is to reproduce our Company Header and Footer.  Impossible.  Rather than have the tail (Pipedrive) wagging the dog (MS Word), surely it would be easier to create documents/templates in MS Word and paste in the Pipedrive fields to merge with, rather than for Pipedrive to try to re-invent a new version of Word?
    Maybe I am the exception, but this is one difficult piece of user software to come to terms with, and it is very flaky and not at all intuitive.  I feel as if technology has gone back 20 years.   Just saying how I find it.  Would like to hear others have a different view.

Hi @Richard Salisbury 

Although the feature is still in early stages in its MS integration and bugs are somehow expected, we hear you and would like to follow-up closely. I will email you with a suggestion for next steps.

Thank you so much for your feedback

Bruno

• WTC team
    WTC team Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020 #33

No suitable time for Australians.

I’m also from Australia and keen to beta test it if possible?

• Tim Wiles
    Tim Wiles Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020 #34

Hi Bruno, the calendar link wasn't working..?

• Alisha Purcell
    Alisha Purcell Member Posts: 14
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #35

Could you add support for using Spreadsheets and not only documents? Would be useful to be able to add some calculations to the deal, which in turn is used to populate the sales doc.

Completely agree! Most of my contracts involving heavy breakdown in pricing. But this would so help the workflow! 

• BaptisteBLC
    BaptisteBLC Member Posts: 247
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2020 #36

Hi 👋,

We are very excited about this feature

A few comments :

- Have the ability to copy / paste a product line (In the product part associated with the deal)

- Have the possibility to change the order of the product lines

- Have the possibility to display the comments entered on the products of the deal, not only the description of the products in the product database

- Be able to display the discount column only if it is different from 0

• Nicolas Bunel
    Nicolas Bunel Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #37

Hey Bruno,

When I merge a document from a template, is it possible for an empty field to have nothing on the document...instead of the field definition (like [deal expected_close_date])

Nicolas

• Arvida Admin
    Arvida Admin Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2020 #38

Fabulous this is exactly what we are looking for, ability to have formulas / calculations and subtractions, checkboxes for options, can do this in spreadsheets but don't convert well for docs. Keen to stay close to this thread. 

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #39

I am very interested in this feature, but your calendar link has expired!

Can I test, please?

• Rami Eatessami
    Rami Eatessami Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2022 #40

Hi @Bruno Domingos  - we’ve tried using the Sales Documents feature using OneDrive however it seems to have a bug that renders it unusable for us. I have both a personal as well as a business OneDrive account and the integration doesn’t seem to differentiate between them somehow. When I first connected the integration, PD created a Pipedrive folder in my business OneDrive account, however since then, whenever trying to load a document, it opens up the personal OneDrive folder with no option to switch it over to the correct account which is the business OneDrive account. 

Have you experienced this? Any fix? 

Happy to show you what’s happening if you wish.

• Richard Salisbury
    Richard Salisbury Member Posts: 17
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #41

Hi @Bruno Domingos  - we’ve tried using the Sales Documents feature using OneDrive however it seems to have a bug that renders it unusable for us. I have both a personal as well as a business OneDrive account and the integration doesn’t seem to differentiate between them somehow. When I first connected the integration, PD created a Pipedrive folder in my business OneDrive account, however since then, whenever trying to load a document, it opens up the personal OneDrive folder with no option to switch it over to the correct account which is the business OneDrive account. 

Go to your Settings, Tools and Apps, Select Sales Documents, Disconnect your Personal OneDrive folder and Connect to your Business OneDrive folder.  That should solve your problem.  However, we use Microsoft 365 for our OneDrive business folders and that is a problem for this Pipedrive feature that they are aware of. 

• Rami Eatessami
    edited September 2020 #42

Thanks Richard - however when trying to disconnect, I don't have an option to reconnect with a new account since the OneDrive option is greyed out. Also, ordinarily when I log into OneDrive using my email address with other services, I get a popup that states that I have both personal and business accounts registered with the same email address and it asks me to select the option that I'm interested in using, however this wasn't the case with Pipedrive when I first tried to connect Sales Documents. Any other thoughts? 

• Richard Salisbury
    Richard Salisbury Member Posts: 17
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #43

My immediate thought is that I am sure Bruno will pick this up and bring knowledge to the table.

Sorry my suggestion didn't help, but the Sales Document feature is in Beta and the team are very pleased to get feedback and bugs before release. They seem genuinely committed to interacting with user experience, which is very welcome.

• Rami Eatessami
    edited September 2020 #44

Thanks for trying, Richard.

Hope to hear from @Bruno Domingos when possible.

• Pabitra
    Pabitra Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020 #45

I am also interested in this feature. what is the next step to enable this feature for betatesting?

• Bruno Domingos
    edited September 2020 #46

Hey Bruno,

When I merge a document from a template, is it possible for an empty field to have nothing on the document...instead of the field definition (like [deal expected_close_date])

Nicolas

Hi @Nicolas Bunel 

Not for now but definitely something we will consider in the future as an option.

thanks

Bruno

• Bruno Domingos
    edited September 2020 #47

Can I test, please?

Hi @Paul McKenna 

The feature is available in BETA for Advanced and above for Google Docs. Are you interested in the MS Word / OneDrive solution?

Thanks
    Bruno

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #48

Can I test, please?

Yes please, we are a microsoft house.

• Hans Nieto
    Hans Nieto Member Posts: 26
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 2022 #49

Hi @Bruno Domingos it is in the roadmap to add the support for other types and documents not text? (word, documents, etc.)...for example presentations of google...we use presentations for our proposals to be more executive and ¨presentable¨ 

• Bruno Domingos
    edited September 2020 #50

Hi @Rami Eatessami , @Richard Salisbury 

Sorry for the late response but I was on leave for the last 2 weeks. In the meantime we have worked on this issue and implemented ways to enforce the file picker to open with the same account that was used to set up the OneDrive connection. I have tested it myself today with a personal and business account and worked for me. Could you please try again?

I this is doesn't work there is a workaround which is to log out of your personal account from the OneDrive page, refresh the Pipedrive page and try to import a template or document again.

In any case if the first approach doesn't work still please let me know so we can jump into a call and check out your setup to better follow up.

Thanks
    Bruno

• Bruno Domingos
    edited September 2020 #51

Hi @Bruno Domingos it is in the roadmap to add the support for other types and documents not text? (word, documents, etc.)...for example presentations of google...we use presentations for our proposals to be more executive and ¨presentable¨ 

Hi @Pabitra 

It is part of our plans to support other formats like spreadsheets and presentations. The next one in line is PDFs, but other should follow.

Thanks
    Bruno

• Hans Nieto
    Hans Nieto Member Posts: 26
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited September 2020 #52

Great Bruno!...thank you

• Rami Eatessami
    edited September 2020 #53

Thanks @Bruno Domingos  - worked for me!

• Arvida Admin
    Arvida Admin Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2020 #54

Hi @Bruno Domingos , I'd be interested to learn about timing for the PDF version. Any indication yet?

• Bruno Domingos
    edited September 2020 #55

Hi, 

That would be towards the end of 2020.

Thanks
    Bruno

• Francisco Duwe
    Francisco Duwe Member Posts: 18
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #56

Oi @Bruno Domingos Tudo bem? Existe previsão de lançamento no Google Docs?

• Bruno Domingos
    edited October 2020 #57

Oi @Bruno Domingos Tudo bem? Existe previsão de lançamento no Google Docs?

Hi @Francisco Duwe 

Sales Documents for Google Docs is already available in BETA for Advanced, Professional and Enterprise. It can be found in the tab "Documents" from the Deal details page.

Thanks
    Bruno

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2020 #58

⚠️ Update: Good news, this is now live! 🚀 See more here. ⚠️

This discussion has been closed.