Sales Documents + MS Word - Usability tests!

Options
Bruno Domingos
Bruno Domingos Posts: 27 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Comment Pipedrive Team
edited February 14 in Research and Beta Testing #1

Usability tests - Want to try Sales Documents working with Microsoft Word and OneDrive?

⚠️ Update: Good news, this is now live! 🚀 See more here. ⚠️

Hi everyone!

We have been cooking new features to help you out closing deals faster by automating your quotes and proposals management.

After starting with Google Docs, we heard you!  
We have recently added MS Word and OneDrive to it, and it is time for you to tell us if we are on the right track!

For that we have available prototype and live tests for this and next week!

Should you want to give it a try please pick a time from this calendar :)

Thank you so much in advance!
Bruno

Comments

• Lukas Zischewski
    Lukas Zischewski Member Posts: 37
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #2
    Options

Done! See you later :)

• Birger Tesnau_4178
    Birger Tesnau_4178 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2020 #3
    Options

Yep, want to take part :).

Cheers, Birger

• Jøran Nohr_2336
    Jøran Nohr_2336 Member Posts: 29
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Could you add support for using Spreadsheets and not only documents? Would be useful to be able to add some calculations to the deal, which in turn is used to populate the sales doc.

• Richard Salisbury
    Richard Salisbury Member Posts: 17
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #5
    Options

Please sign us up for the trial.  Would be helpful to integrate quote progression thru' the sales process.  Some of our products lend themselves to a "standard" quote document while others are custom.

• Bruno Domingos
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

Thank you all for the interest and time to test this out!

@Birger Tesnau , @Richard Salisbury  please pick a time from this calendar :)

@Jøran Nohr we have plans to do so. Would you be available to share a bit more in a call and take a look at the prototype? Thanks a lot!

• Nirmal Gyanwali
    Nirmal Gyanwali Member Posts: 26
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

No suitable time for Australians.

• Bruno Domingos
    edited July 2020 #8
    Options

Hi Nirmal,

Does 6:00 PM, in Canberra ACT work for you any day of next week? If so I can make room for it.

Thanks
    Bruno

• Jøran Nohr_2336
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #9
    Options

Thank you all for the interest and time to test this out!

@Birger Tesnau , @Richard Salisbury  please pick a time from this calendar :)

@Jøran Nohr we have plans to do so. Would you be available to share a bit more in a call and take a look at the prototype? Thanks a lot!

Sure!

• Nicki Kane
    Nicki Kane Member Posts: 45
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #10
    Options

Hi @Bruno Domingos , I'd love to have a look but this coming week is already beyond fully booked! How long will you be in this phase for- is it worth me trying to book something further out or just wait for beta testing? (I had a go with the Google Docs version and was resigning myself to having to relearn a slightly different system but it did look great, so I'm thrilled to hear you're rolling out a word version!)

• Nirmal Gyanwali
    Nirmal Gyanwali Member Posts: 26
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #11
    Options

Yes, that works for me.

• Bruno Domingos
    edited August 2020 #12
    Options

Hi @Bruno Domingos , I'd love to have a look but this coming week is already beyond fully booked! How long will you be in this phase for- is it worth me trying to book something further out or just wait for beta testing? (I had a go with the Google Docs version and was resigning myself to having to relearn a slightly different system but it did look great, so I'm thrilled to hear you're rolling out a word version!)

Hi @Nicki Kane 

We still have a few slots next week but we hope to have it in beta soon. Let me know if you can find a slot otherwise the week after still works.

Cheers
    Bruno

• Jøran Nohr_2336
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #13
    Options

Bruno - could you fix it so that one can decide what folder to put the folders and files under? Just under root my drive soons gets hard to sort together with my other files 

• Bruno Domingos
    edited September 2020 #14
    Options

Bruno - could you fix it so that one can decide what folder to put the folders and files under? Just under root my drive soons gets hard to sort together with my other files 

Hi @Jøran Nohr this is being fixed as we speak. You should soon be able to see the following structure:

Root: Pipedrive (your company name)
                |_______ Templates -> Where all the templates for your company will be stored)
                |_______ Organisation / Person name (priority to Organisation)
                                            |_______ Where the documents linked to the Org/Person

Thanks
    Bruno

• Bruno Domingos
    edited August 2020 #15
    Options

Hi @Nirmal  G. 

Request sent for tomorrow 6pm Canberra ACT.

Talk soon
    Bruno

• Nicolas Bunel
    Nicolas Bunel Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2020 #16
    Options

I m very interested in this feature.

• Stephen Dorling_4110
    Stephen Dorling_4110 Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #17
    Options

The link has expired - is this closed for testing?

We currently use Qwlir, would be great to be able to create proposals/quotes straight from templates in Pipedrive to send to clients.  Big things we're looking for:

-- Access tracking to see when a Prospective/Existing Client has opened/looked at pricing

-- The ability to accept the Quote/Proposal by appending a PO reference and eSigning

• Bruno Domingos
    edited August 2020 #18
    Options

We currently use Qwlir, would be great to be able to create proposals/quotes straight from templates in Pipedrive to send to clients.  Big things we're looking for:

-- Access tracking to see when a Prospective/Existing Client has opened/looked at pricing

-- The ability to accept the Quote/Proposal by appending a PO reference and eSigning

Hi @Stephen Dorling 

We have closed the usability testing for now but there will be more chances in a near future. 

Sales Documents with Google Docs will be available for BETA testing soon. The full launch is planned towards the end of the year.

Thanks for showing interest.
    Bruno

• Stephen Dorling_4110
    Stephen Dorling_4110 Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2021 #19
    Options

No problems, should have kept a closer eye on the community! :-)

Looking forward to when it'll be available.  

• Peter Birch
    Peter Birch Member Posts: 12
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #20
    Options

I tried booking a time but the link expired. Looks like testing is closed? Super keen for this feature (with google docs not word)

• Nicolas Bunel
    Nicolas Bunel Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2020 #21
    Options

you don’t talk about MS word anymore ? I would prefer it.

• Bruno Domingos
    edited August 2020 #22
    Options

I tried booking a time but the link expired. Looks like testing is closed? Super keen for this feature (with google docs not word)

Hi @Peter Birch 

The testing phase has expired indeed but there will be news very soon for Google Docs.

Cheers, Bruno

• Bruno Domingos
    edited August 2020 #23
    Options

Hi @Nicolas Bunel 

MS Word is under development phase, soon to be in a closed BETA group. Will let you know when available.

Thanks, Bruno

• Richard Salisbury
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #24
    Options

Hi Bruno.  I would seriously caution about releasing this to the wider world.  It is seriously buggy, unable to load documents from One Drive, or create new template without crashes.  Very unintuitive and difficult to use without someone talking you through step by step.
    I spent 90 minutes trying to re-create a Pipedrive template to match our Company quote template.  The first step is to reproduce our Company Header and Footer.  Impossible.  Rather than have the tail (Pipedrive) wagging the dog (MS Word), surely it would be easier to create documents/templates in MS Word and paste in the Pipedrive fields to merge with, rather than for Pipedrive to try to re-invent a new version of Word?
    Maybe I am the exception, but this is one difficult piece of user software to come to terms with, and it is very flaky and not at all intuitive.  I feel as if technology has gone back 20 years.   Just saying how I find it.  Would like to hear others have a different view.

• Jøran Nohr_2336
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #25
    Options

Hi Bruno.  I would seriously caution about releasing this to the wider world.  It is seriously buggy, unable to load documents from One Drive, or create new template without crashes.  Very unintuitive and difficult to use without someone talking you through step by step.
    I spent 90 minutes trying to re-create a Pipedrive template to match our Company quote template.  The first step is to reproduce our Company Header and Footer.  Impossible.  Rather than have the tail (Pipedrive) wagging the dog (MS Word), surely it would be easier to create documents/templates in MS Word and paste in the Pipedrive fields to merge with, rather than for Pipedrive to try to re-invent a new version of Word?
    Maybe I am the exception, but this is one difficult piece of user software to come to terms with, and it is very flaky and not at all intuitive.  I feel as if technology has gone back 20 years.   Just saying how I find it.  Would like to hear others have a different view.

Cant you just cut and paste your entire document into a new one? Its not like Pipedrive invented the editor again, its just Word Online. 

Or you could do like my org did a year or so ago. We realized all cool software always develops to GSuite first, so just change your Office suite.

• Richard Salisbury
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #26
    Options

Thanks.  That is exactly what I tried to do, but its a cut down version of Word online and the link to Full Word breaks.  First tried to import a standard Word Quote from One Note, didn't work.  Then tried to create a new Template in Pipedrive Document editor by pasting header from original document, didn't work.  Then tried to create a new Document in Pipedrive by pasting same document in full into Pipedrive, didn't work.

This all seems back to front.  If I create a Document in Word and could put in Pipedrive Merge fields correlated to the Pipedrive fields, link to the Deal/Organisation/Contact person ID, everything would be trivial and automatic.  This is how we create all our Mail merge quotes, documents etc and how I think Zapier etc work.
    I hope others have more success with this Document addition and I wait to see.  But it is not intuitive for me and I wonder why Pipedrive put so much investment in it when there are many other areas of the basic product that could be helped.  I am ready to admit that I may not have got the best out of it.

PS GSuite is not an option for us....

• Jøran Nohr_2336
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #27
    Options

Do you have some very complex documents/ layouts? 

• Jøran Nohr_2336
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #28
    Options

Actually I see now that in Gsuite we can import "Importer mal" is the button :)

• Jøran Nohr_2336
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #29
    Options

@Bruno Domingos  There is something odd going on. When I try to add something in Description field on a product then when I use it on the template it ads double lineshift. Should be only one shift.

• Bruno Domingos
    edited August 2020 #30
    Options

@Bruno Domingos  There is something odd going on. When I try to add something in Description field on a product then when I use it on the template it ads double lineshift. Should be only one shift.

Thanks for reporting @Jøran Nohr, team will take a look.

• Richard Salisbury
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #31
    Options

I suppose you may think so.  We have quite a few graphics, pictures/drawings, headers/footers and document, tables,   We have struggled with simplifying quotes because of configuration variables, options  etc.  which result in either a complex quote, or a number of similar but different quote templates.  Because Pipedrive enables leads to go through qualification before quoting the desire was that the Pipedrive Document add-on would simplify the process as we use the Products add-on for managing variations (although this is not yet supported in reporting as variations don't have unique  Product codes).

This discussion has been closed.