Task/Checklist for every Deal in the Pipeline

Omar Monroy
Omar Monroy Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

We all use checklists, right? For every different deal once you click on it on the "DEALS" section and go to its own section, it would be great to have the possibility to add a checklist for the pending actions/items to which we need to follow up for that particular opportunity.

On the "Details" section we can now add different fields, but not a task/checklist. Something like Microsoft's TODO, or even a simple list like in IOS' NOTES, where the checked items move to the bottom of the list.

Every deal has different needs and sometimes trying to find out where we are and what's next or pending for a particular opportunity takes a lot of time in order to go thru the last performed sales actions within Pipedrive (or somewhere else) or check on the last sent emails or messages, to be able to conclude what's next. If we had this list, we would know at any time, what the next action is, to move forward in that deal.

8 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mark Bryant
    Mark Bryant Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2021 #2

Agreed. Especially if you've got a long (20 stage) sales process, I don't want to have to create a 20-column pipeline for this. I'd love to have a replicable checklist, that ideally could have dates/times/people put against each one, inside each Deal. I'd love it if automated actions could result after certain items are checked off

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #3

Hi @Omar Monroy and @Mark Bryant !

You can achieve this by creating one or more automations that generate either fixed activities or fixed notes to your deal once it reaches a certain stage. That you will save you the work of remembering all the items in the "to do" list and you can easily keep track of what's already been done or not. 💪

• Manu Singh_9874
    Manu Singh_9874 Member Posts: 7
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #4

@Inês Batata hi, can you please clarify or point to a step by step process to accomplish this. I agree with the two gentlemen above... This simple checklist feature should be added to pipedrive. We all use and need simple checklists! Thnk u! 

• Mark Bryant
    Mark Bryant Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2022 #5

Thanks @Inês Batata for that!

Manu is right though- we end up using other 3rd party software as a task manager/checklist manager and ideally I'd do it all in-platform.

Your way works- and I'll give that a real go tomorrow, but I'd love to keep the discussion open

• Manu Singh_9874
    edited August 2020 #6

Thanks @Inês Batata for that!

Manu is right though- we end up using other 3rd party software as a task manager/checklist manager and ideally I'd do it all in-platform.

Your way works- and I'll give that a real go tomorrow, but I'd love to keep the discussion open

Thanks Mark, I will feel free to share your outcome and steps if you do get to try it out... Really need a no cost option 

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #7

@Inês Batata hi, can you please clarify or point to a step by step process to accomplish this. I agree with the two gentlemen above... This simple checklist feature should be added to pipedrive. We all use and need simple checklists! Thnk u! 

Hi @Manu Singh !

Please reach out to our Support team and they can walk you through the process. 🙂

That being said, I've made sure this feedback reaches our development team so it can be taken into consideration for the future.

• Dana Coates
    Dana Coates Member Posts: 20
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #8

Adding to the idea, some of the processes in our deals are always the same, time after time. If there were a track for a new person to follow, they could check off todo's as completed. Doing this would move a process through the stages. Would this be a good feature?

• Omar Monroy
    edited February 2022 #9

Thanks for your feedback Ines, I tried the link on your first message <automations> but it sent me nowhere. I guess I'll wait and see how Mark or Manu did it and if its a good fit to our conundrum...

• Matt Coordes
    Matt Coordes Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #10

Yes please create a task list that my team can collaborate on! I'm an underwriter and need to complete due diligence task lists on every deal. 

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #11

Thanks for your feedback Ines, I tried the link on your first message <automations> but it sent me nowhere. I guess I'll wait and see how Mark or Manu did it and if its a good fit to our conundrum...

Oh no @Omar Monroy , I'm sorry; there must have been some issue with typing in the URL. Here you go, the beginner's guide to Automations:

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #12

Adding to the idea, some of the processes in our deals are always the same, time after time. If there were a track for a new person to follow, they could check off todo's as completed. Doing this would move a process through the stages. Would this be a good feature?

Absolutely, @Dana Coates . I would recommend using automations for this too. 

For example, create an automation where when a deal is created, several activities are generated. And then another automation in which when the final activity is marked as done, a new one is generated reminding the user to move the deal to a certain stage.

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #13

Yes please create a task list that my team can collaborate on! I'm an underwriter and need to complete due diligence task lists on every deal. 

Hi @Matt Coordes ! See my answer to @Dana Coates above :)

• Omar Monroy
    edited December 2021 #14

Some deals are very similar, @Dana Coates , but in our case, every customer has nuances that need variances in the approach to complete the sale... so, I often have to get out of Pipedrive and open a space in MS's TODO, just to be able to remind myself about the already checked actions and pending items for a particular deal, in order to have clarity before contacting the client in pursue of the next action item that I've programmed in Pipedrive... all I'm saying is, it would be great to have the possibility to add a checklist for the pending actions/items for every deal...

• Kyle Koppenhoefer
    Kyle Koppenhoefer Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021 #15

I to would love to see a simple checklist integrated in PD.  May I suggest templates could be stored and the checklist stay open and at the top of the customer page until all checks are complete.

I understand that there is a workaround with automations but every deal is different.

A checklist would be easier to manage for me. 

Like others in this thread I use Microsoft To Do along with PD just to track my sales. I thought I was the only one-would be nice to only use 1 piece of software when working through my pipeline.

• Edwin Anthony aan de Wiel
    Edwin Anthony aan de Wiel Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #16

A to do / checklist style feature would be very welcome indeed!

Now you can't do this within Pipedrive in a flexible manner.

The feature would be welcome in the deals but also in the people or organizations area, so you can track all todo's with your customers or contacts.

There is now a trello link but this too is an external software with other user interface etc.

Best if this can be done inside of Pipedrive for consistency and efficiency.

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #17

The feature would be welcome in the deals but also in the people or organizations area, so you can track all todo's with your customers or contacts.

There is now a trello link but this too is an external software with other user interface etc.

@Edwin Anthony aan de Wiel I recommend using the Workflow Automation feature to create that task list in the form of activities. Learn more about Automations here:

• Hartley Pike
    Hartley Pike Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #18

We have reached some limitations with pipedrive due to not being able to manage checklists inside of deals.

We used to use pipedrive to manage more of the customer process, but now we stop using pipedrive as soon as the deal is closed.

"Activities" are good for calls, meetings, follow ups etc, but they are not good for repetitive checklists that require checklists to be created from templates or easily typed in and moved up and down, and using the pipedrive automations as suggested above is way too cumbersome to setup and manage for this use case. 

When you open a deal, there needs to be a "Checklist" option next to Notes, Activity, Email, etc.

We are now using trello for deals to manage checklists once the customer closes due to the checklist functionality, and are considering switching to something like salesforce if it can be customised to incorporate everything required in a deal.

• Inês Batata
    edited January 2021 #19

We have reached some limitations with pipedrive due to not being able to manage checklists inside of deals.

We used to use pipedrive to manage more of the customer process, but now we stop using pipedrive as soon as the deal is closed.

"Activities" are good for calls, meetings, follow ups etc, but they are not good for repetitive checklists that require checklists to be created from templates or easily typed in and moved up and down, and using the pipedrive automations as suggested above is way too cumbersome to setup and manage for this use case. 

When you open a deal, there needs to be a "Checklist" option next to Notes, Activity, Email, etc.

We are now using trello for deals to manage checklists once the customer closes due to the checklist functionality, and are considering switching to something like salesforce if it can be customised to incorporate everything required in a deal.

Thank you for sharing @Hartley Pike !

Speaking from personal real-life work experience, I would argue that setting up that automation might take some time but it will save you 10 times more, especially if you use one of our automation templates. Back when I was a trainer here in Pipedrive I needed a checklist for contents taught, sessions held with different teams, etc, and automations were what saved my sanity, especially when certain things could only be scheduled X amount of days after A or B had been checked off.

That being said, I understand if you prefer using Trello and recommend you use our official integration with them to make your life even easier: Pipedrive Integration: Trello.

Out of curiosity and because I'd like to relay your suggestion to our team internally: what would this checklist section look like and how would it work?

• Mark Panizzon
    Mark Panizzon Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2021 #20

I'm simply posting to agree with the general consensus that a checklist would be valuable in PD and hope that the developers take note that this is in high demand.  The automation "workaround" would work and is essentially the same thing but you'd have to set up 5, 10, 15 automations for one checklist creation.  A checklist is simply just easier and i use pipedrive because it's easy.  As a mortgage broker, i use numerous checklists and if it was simply added next to the notes, activity, email etc as mentioned above, it would be a VERY valuable asset.  I can't imagine this would be hard to integrate either, essentially the same code as the activity or notes code, just a checklist.  Then once this feature is created, we can automate checklists, which is the end goal here.  I hope you take my and our considerations into account and get this done for us. haha! 

• Administrator_14693
    Administrator_14693 Member Posts: 29
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2021 #21

Hello everyone,

We run an international soccer development company and this would ideal as we must ensure certain documents and tasks are completed before a participant is ready for travel. The suggestion of adding next to note or even being part of a "task" menu where one could select templates would be ideal. This approach would enable the automation for specific workflows and tasks  and even allow dependency (ZAPIER). Hoping you guys can figure this out. Now if only we could get Pipedrive to expand queries to include Participants! Please?

• Brian Johnson_28106
    Brian Johnson_28106 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #22

I 100% agree with everyone's suggestions here. There definitely needs to be a "template" for common tasks. Automations are completely fine, but I only want to create 1 automation that adds a template/checklist of ToDo items when a deal moves from X->Y.

My use-case is a real estate investor and investor agent. When a property (deal) moves from Offer to Contract stage, a whole lot of things then need to be scheduled. I use Evernote now to keep track of these actions and then manually create activities for each of them to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.

Just like there are email templates, there should be Activity Templates to schedule a batch of activities all at once, and all linked to a deal. Then enable that Activity Template as an action in an automation and you're golden.

Thanks!

• Administrator_14693
    Administrator_14693 Member Posts: 29
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2021 #23

I 100% agree with everyone's suggestions here. There definitely needs to be a "template" for common tasks. Automations are completely fine, but I only want to create 1 automation that adds a template/checklist of ToDo items when a deal moves from X->Y.

My use-case is a real estate investor and investor agent. When a property (deal) moves from Offer to Contract stage, a whole lot of things then need to be scheduled. I use Evernote now to keep track of these actions and then manually create activities for each of them to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.

Just like there are email templates, there should be Activity Templates to schedule a batch of activities all at once, and all linked to a deal. Then enable that Activity Template as an action in an automation and you're golden.

Thanks!

Thank you for your support. As seen, this request has repeatedly been submitted for months without implementation. I hope more Pipedrive Users engage.

• Nathan Day
    Nathan Day Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #24

I Totally Agree!! We need some form of Checklist

• MV
    MV Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2022 #25

We are currently evaluating Pipedrive and now struggle with keeping track of next steps (things to do, open taps, etc.) for deals.

Automation seems suitable (by definition) more for recurring tasks. A free-form checklist of things that need to be done, maybe just once, is different.  Assigning tasks to team members also allows for tracking ownership. 

Checklists should be light-weight, not require an integration with another heavy-weight tool. Here's an example how Clubhouse does it:

We use Clubhouse (soon Shortcut) for our project management and engineering, which works great. I wish Pipedrive would allow for a similar light-weight UX for this. (In fact, we currently use Clubhouse as light-weight CRM because if its flexibility.)

• Manu Singh_9874
    edited December 2021 #26

Hi Ines, thanks but would the automation create a separate task item? We would not want this as it clutters our workspace. Just a simple checklist or bulleted list of say 5-10 items for each deal stage should appear. If you need an example of how this should look - see crm Nutshell and their ability to create a simple checklist within each deal. Kindly let me know if that exactly can be replicated via automations you have mentioned. If it is so, I would be happy to spend the time it takes with support to get it done and be a long standing paying Pipedrive customer. Thanks!! Manu

• Robin Severein
    Robin Severein Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022 #27

Totally agree with this idea! 

In my opinion, an automation doesn't cut it. 

@Inês Batata any idea if this is on the product team their list? Thanks!

• Nick Shlyakhov
    Nick Shlyakhov Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

I've been asking for this for 3 years now and there are so many people who are in need of this as well. Pipedrive is not listening to us =(

• Mateusz
    Mateusz Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

I have been using pipiedrive for 1 month, and I am surprised there are no check list in deal stages. Specially I doesn't seems to be so advanced thing to implement. I see this is common recomended feature, but I start loosing hope they will create this... such a pity.

• choban
    choban Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

The checklist feature would be amazing for my company's line of work. We work with many different clients and instructors. I was told to upvote items here to increase the chances for it to become a feature within Pipedrive. The higher the vote the better chances it will get created sooner.

• dude2copy
    dude2copy Member Posts: 1
    Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

it's bonkers this isn't a feature