What makes selling in New Zealand unique?

Options
Inês Batata
Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

Hi all,

We're slowly but surely growing our country-specific channels. Please use this channel to connect with local people who work in sales and use Pipedrive.

Discuss questions, tips & tricks and above all enjoy the community! 🇳🇿

Comments

• Jonathan Oaten_9494
    Jonathan Oaten_9494 Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi, Ines, I am British Australian (duel nat)I am based in the Philippines if you are looking for a local group here and need an administrator I would gladly volunteer for that  

• Steve Cox_5495
    Steve Cox_5495 Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi Ines, I'm based in NZ, and would be delighted to connect up with other Kiwi pipedriver's to help leverage relevant solutions and improvements with locals :) I've been on the lookout for an integrated SMS add-on for pipedrive, and keep finding that the current offerings don't operate service through a NZ platform :(   I don't want a complex & costly (especially NZ- USD) work-around, but am aware of increasing trend towards use of sms to save time by prospects & cleints - be interested to talk with anyone local whose got some suggestions here.. Has to integrate with pipdrive and record chronologically under notes, and by two-way for post/responses etc

• BISON Support
    BISON Support Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #4
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata thanks for the post to get the conversation going! I know that there are a large number of Pipedrive users in New Zealand and it would be great to get the local conversation going! Especially around anything that is NZ specific. Tools etc.

On that note, @Steve Cox I am also looking for a highly integrated SMS solution for local (and international) SMS that we can use for customer prospecting, contact etc. It would be great to see if some other kiwis already have this solved!

• Nicki Kane
    Nicki Kane Member Posts: 45
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited November 2021 #5
    Options

Thanks @Inês Batata ; and @Steve Cox  and @Andrew Humphries , boy do I hear you!!! I've actually just put out the call for help last night in a productivity group that I'm part of, so hopefully they'll have some suggestions! At this stage I'm even happy to do something like create a zap that goes from somewhere that I store the texts and directs them to pipedrive! Doesn't do outbound stuff but at this point I'm happy to settle for ANYTHING (I've been looking for a while!). I remember years ago I used to use something to send confirmation texts from a desktop app to clients, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. I have a funny feeling it may have been a Telecom offering? (Yep, that's how long ago it was!!!)

• Hugo Sandall
    Hugo Sandall Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2020 #6
    Options

Thanks @Inês Batata I am Wellington based - NZ interested in making this PD machine hummm! 

A local group is a good way to share ideas, always happy to talk. 

• Donna Wright
    Donna Wright Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020 #7
    Options
    Steve Cox said:

Hi Ines, I'm based in NZ, and would be delighted to connect up with other Kiwi pipedriver's to help leverage relevant solutions and improvements with locals :) I've been on the lookout for an integrated SMS add-on for pipedrive, and keep finding that the current offerings don't operate service through a NZ platform :(   I don't want a complex & costly (especially NZ- USD) work-around, but am aware of increasing trend towards use of sms to save time by prospects & cleints - be interested to talk with anyone local whose got some suggestions here.. Has to integrate with pipdrive and record chronologically under notes, and by two-way for post/responses etc

Hi Steve, I've been looking as well and haven't found anything yet.  If I do I'll let you know :)

• Steve Cox_5495
    edited February 2022 #8
    Options

I do have a good friend in IT development who I've briefed on this,  meeting next week to discuss other matters also. It is possible for something to be developed locally at a cost, however, if there was a decent sized group of us, and we identified other NZ PD's - could be split amongst the group...

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

Perhaps @Paul Minors also has some great suggestions around SMS services :) 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #10
    Options

Hi, Ines, I am British Australian (duel nat)I am based in the Philippines if you are looking for a local group here and need an administrator I would gladly volunteer for that  

@Paul Minors are you looking for a co- channel leader here? 🙂

• Paul Minors
    Paul Minors Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited August 2020 #11
    Options

Absolutely, but I think it's best if @Mike van der Valk sorts this.

• Paul Minors
    edited August 2020 #12
    Options

Perhaps @Paul Minors also has some great suggestions around SMS services :) 

Thanks. Will jump in.

• Paul Minors
    edited August 2020 #13
    Options

I've struggled as well and unfortunately haven't been able to find a local solution. Other providers like Toky and JustCall that I've used with international clients work great with Pipedrive. Just a shame they don't work in NZ yet. 

• Nicki Kane
    edited August 2020 #14
    Options
    Steve Cox said:

I do have a good friend in IT development who I've briefed on this,  meeting next week to discuss other matters also. It is possible for something to be developed locally at a cost, however, if there was a decent sized group of us, and we identified other NZ PD's - could be split amongst the group...

Hey @Steve Cox 

I'd potentially be keen!

Just as a side note, I found a system called pushbullet that at least gets the texts to desktop where you can send and reply from as if it were your phone, I've got a friend looking into whether he can get it to integrate with PD at the moment. 

I did look at integromat and even though I think something could potentially be done there it's well above my pay grade of IT knowledge and I gave up lol

• Steve Cox_5495
    edited February 2022 #15
    Options

Hi Everyone, I have progressed the idea of having a bespoke SMS (2-way) integrated solution developed for NZ - if I can get a "hands up" on who would commit to sharing the development cost, I'll ask the provider for an estimated  cost, and we can decide from there.. :) 

• Nicki Kane
    edited August 2020 #16
    Options
    Steve Cox said:

Hi Everyone, I have progressed the idea of having a bespoke SMS (2-way) integrated solution developed for NZ - if I can get a "hands up" on who would commit to sharing the development cost, I'll ask the provider for an estimated  cost, and we can decide from there.. :) 

Hey @Steve Cox , dependent on functionality and development costs I could be keen :-) (a definite maybe!)

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited August 2020 #17
    Options
    Steve Cox said:

@Steve Cox for some more visibility on your question it might make sense to post it as a new post here: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/pipedrive-country-nz