SPIN selling is a widely practised sales method that can yield great results. How do you incorporat

Options
David Lorbiecke_3
David Lorbiecke_3 Posts: 188 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Comment Pipedrive Team
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

The concept of SPIN selling was coined 30 years ago by consultant and academic Neil Rackham, who studied more than 35,000 sales calls made by 10,000 salespeople in 23 countries over 12 years. 

He discovered that many widely known selling techniques, like using open questions and describing a product's benefits to increase interest, were not as effective as thought.

Rackham built a strategy called SPIN based on his findings: a sales methodology that revolves around active listening, and asking prospects the right questions at the right time to discover how their problem can be solved. 

SPIN Selling helps to create a richer and more meaningful sales conversation. By using this technique, you have more stimulating and naturally flowing interactions with prospects because you’re not following a one-size-fits-all script

But of course, there are both pros and cons to spin selling, which are outlined below. 

Do you incorporate SPIN selling  into  your sales process? And how do you think it helps or hinders sales success?

ePdB5f2VpIpjdzASkxHuRM8dn5IoDcD_KI3rMUJYgf8oKLPlKbcNwP6Xldfkj4s8tXzPoonPHW9FGkqIH2dVhNVWyPPHmu1fvyhTrq5c8uGTbmEgqq4cEWYInlcHtnWJ5jW0LilV

Comments

• Shannon Harness
    Shannon Harness Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

I had not heard of this method before this post and after a little research I found that I use this method.  It is something that I have tried to get other people in the company to use and I believe that this helps you get a clear picture of the customers needs and allows you to properly set expectations.  

We rely on repeat business and we need to make sure we understand our customers and meet their expectations.  If we do not understand their needs and expectations we cannot be proactive in regards to reality vs expectations.