Question on TEMPLATES for sales documents.

Andy Newbom
Andy Newbom Member Posts: 16
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

It's not shown in your docs but if you want to SHARE a template (which is the entire purpose of templates) then you have to go to google docs account and share it with each person. NOT a big deal but you might want to put a little not in your onboarding docs. However,  when you share a Sales Documents Template it is NOT shown as a template in google docs. THEREFORE unless I did it wrong what you really do is share a document, so when another user clicks to use that template it actually makes a COPY since it's NOT truly a template.  which means it adds all this to the NAME of file: "Copy of" and then "date:time" which is quite annoying. should we instead use google docs to create a TRUE google docs template, and THEN put it in the pipedrive template folder and then add the codes from pipedrive and then share it?

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited November 2020 #2

Hi @Andy Newbom 

There's currently not an option to share templates with other team members. The feature has just been released recently and we're looking to further improve this area significantly moving forward. I'll share your feedback with our team and I hope we can make sharing templates available in the future.

Right now the workaround you describe is the solution unfortunately. 

• Andy Newbom
    Andy Newbom Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

OK found a true solution to the templates problem that should work for everyone!

1. Create a template in pipedrive
    2. complete it, put all pipedrive codes in etc.
    3. make sure you add a version number to the bottom of the document so everyone knows which version they are using
    4. now login to google drive
    5. go to the pipedrive folder Pipedrive:templates
    6. use Google drive to share that template with your other users
    7. SECRET POWER STEP:
      1. NOW you have to get each user to go to their google drive
      2. go to folder 'Shared with me'
      3. go to the shared template
      4. right click and make shortcut!! (NOT COPY)
      5. add the shortcut to THEIR Pipedrive:templates folder
      6. BOOM!
      7. That way it puts a shortcut in the pipedrive templates folder RATHER than a copy that is out of date
      8. they have to refresh the cache on pipedrive and google drive browser tabs after this

now we all use the same exact quote template!!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #4

OK found a true solution to the templates problem that should work for everyone!

1. Create a template in pipedrive
    2. complete it, put all pipedrive codes in etc.
    3. make sure you add a version number to the bottom of the document so everyone knows which version they are using
    4. now login to google drive
    5. go to the pipedrive folder Pipedrive:templates
    6. use Google drive to share that template with your other users
    7. SECRET POWER STEP:
      1. NOW you have to get each user to go to their google drive
      2. go to folder 'Shared with me'
      3. go to the shared template
      4. right click and make shortcut!! (NOT COPY)
      5. add the shortcut to THEIR Pipedrive:templates folder
      6. BOOM!
      7. That way it puts a shortcut in the pipedrive templates folder RATHER than a copy that is out of date
      8. they have to refresh the cache on pipedrive and google drive browser tabs after this

now we all use the same exact quote template!!

Wow this is great, thanks for sharing! @Jess @Breandan perhaps we can explore this and add this to our Knowledge Base?

• John CEO
    John CEO Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #5

Please make this happen its important, otherwise it becomes a bureaucratic nightmare 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #6
    John CEO said:

Please make this happen its important, otherwise it becomes a bureaucratic nightmare 

Thanks @John CEO for chiming in. I've passed it on to our team working on it and we're working on making the feature as a whole easier to use the coming period.