Workflow automation - Creating activity

Josh Lawrence
Josh Lawrence Member Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I've created a workflow automation that when you've "completed" an activity, Pipedrive creates a new activity in 7 days. That works great, but the problem that I'm running into is that there is no way to duplicate the "time" marked on the activity that you've completed, for the new activity. 

i.e. at 2pm, I completed an activity, and Pipedrive creates a new activity in 7 days, but it doesn't allow me either choose the same time (2pm) every week (this specific time would be different for  all accounts), nor does it duplicate the time that was on the previous activity. It just creates an activity due date of "the day" 7 days out.

Is anyone else running into this, or know a fix that I could use to automate the creation of an activity for the same time every week when an activity is completed?

Comments

• Leanne Clark
    Leanne Clark Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #2

You can add time, just need to specify am or pm

• Josh Lawrence
    edited September 2020 #3

That would work, but in that case I would need thousands of workflow automatons duplicated for each specific account to have a specific time noted, and may not be plausible/realistic. I was hoping there was a way that we could accomplish this by creating an automation that would duplicate the activity (name, persons involved, organization, and time), and place that activity on a new date in the future

• Leanne Clark
    Leanne Clark Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #4

Not that I could figure out.  Would be great to set up reoccuring event.

• Josh Lawrence
    edited September 2020 #5

Yes, I agree. It would be helpful. The way that I've got it set up isn't horrible since I just need to edit the activity and add the time, although it would be even more productive to have that ability right from the get-go

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited September 2020 #6

Great discussion up here @Leanne Clark and @Josh Lawrence right now you've set it up as you should and need to manually edit the time unfortunately. I'll pass on your suggestion though!

• Jesus
    Jesus Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Has any way been created in the product to solve this problem?

It is a very time consuming and frustrating flow to have to complete one activity and create another exactly the same for x days in the future.

Something in the product like "mark as completed and duplicate" or something like that might be nice.

That way you would mark it as completed, it would take away the notes field and you would only have to date it.