Hello and I hope everyone is doing well. I would like to know how to best prioritize my activities

Daniel Axelbaum
Daniel Axelbaum Member Posts: 33
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

Basically I can have 50 pending activities and I want to handle the most important ones first. I think 3 categories would help, least important, neutral, and most important.  

How could I organize them to know which activities to do?  Is there something I can indicate when making the activity that when I then view my activities page I could sort them by importance?  

Thank you so much for any advice.

Tagged:

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #2

You can set up them by time (important ones in the AM, versus less important ones in the PM).

Or use a number in the Activity title/subject.

• Daniel Axelbaum
    edited September 2020 #3

You can set up them by time (important ones in the AM, versus less important ones in the PM).

Thank you Amit.   I appreciate your response.  Yes I think the number in the activity subject is a great option.  But can I sort the activities on the activities page with all level 3 listed first, then 2 then 1?  That is not so important but would make it easier. 

• Keely Biggs
    Keely Biggs Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #4

if you put the number at the beginning of the activity subject, when you click 'subject' header on the activites list, it will sort your activities list by activity subject, ascending or descending (i.e. 1 to 3, or 3 to 1)

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    edited September 2020 #5

I would suggest creating three types of tasks by priority (in settings - company settings) - you can then filter them out in the activity view page

• Guy Pidkameny
    Guy Pidkameny Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020 #6

I just started experimenting doing this. I am doing two methods that overlap. I will soon decide which works best for me..

1. I created Deal Labels with 1 - Cold; 2 - Warm; and 3 - Hot.
    2. As Daniel and Keely said above, I numbered my activities so they can be sorted that way also.
    3. And of course, there is always the option to assign an activity to a specific time, but that can be cumbersome.

Please let me know what works best for you.

• Daniel Axelbaum
    edited September 2020 #7

Thank you all so much.   These are some great options!   So I will have to think what works best for me.  Also, Diana at Pipedrive was very helpful and made this video for me.  https://sharing.pipedrive.com/PwzvjA