Can you please add the ability to Child / Parent / Sister Organization relationships via CSV Data Up

Alex Plonsker
Alex Plonsker Member Posts: 2

Can't believe this isn't possible and seems like it would be a critical feature for anyone selling to SMBs

5f6655b7a8f77317b65eb19c_36560.png
2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Alex Plonsker , I'm sorry to hear you're hitting this bump on the road in your import.

Unfortunately at the moment it's not possible to use import to create relationships between organizations as you would manually with Related Organizations. 

As a workaround I suggest replicating them as 3 organization-type custom fields in Organizations (Parent, Child, Sibling). Keep in mind, though, that the information entered into the Parent won't be automatically reflected in the Child, so unfortunately you'd have to either manually or via spreadsheet classify them all.

I’ll discuss your comments with our team and share your concerns. My apologies that you had to experience this and I understand your frustrations. Thank you for your patience.

• Maria Modig
    Maria Modig Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #3

We also need this.. Badly! 

Would be great! 

• Bernhard Pirker
    Bernhard Pirker Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021 #4

Hi @Alex Plonsker , I'm sorry to hear you're hitting this bump on the road in your import.

Unfortunately at the moment it's not possible to use import to create relationships between organizations as you would manually with Related Organizations. 

As a workaround I suggest replicating them as 3 organization-type custom fields in Organizations (Parent, Child, Sibling). Keep in mind, though, that the information entered into the Parent won't be automatically reflected in the Child, so unfortunately you'd have to either manually or via spreadsheet classify them all.

I’ll discuss your comments with our team and share your concerns. My apologies that you had to experience this and I understand your frustrations. Thank you for your patience.

Hi @Inês Batata
    Any Updates on this?  We also need this feature badly. FYI Hubspot offers this feature.

• Anton Floor
    Anton Floor Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

I would love to bumb this up to bring this issue back to your attention. This feature would help immensely!

• Anton Floor

In addition: adding the option to alter an organization's relations in an automation would also help. I'd use a custom field at import and use that field to create relations through the automation.

Just a though.

• engineer
    engineer Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic

Hey Anton, could you explain the use case: How are organization relations used in your business?

• Anton Floor

We sell our products to high schools in the Netherlands. Most schools are part of a parent organization or group. Due to the nature of our products we deal with both the managers in the parent company and teachers at the actual school locations. We connect our deals to the actual location, but it would be very helpful to have easy access to the parent company. For one, it helps our sales team get a clear picture of the org quick and second, it helps us to use automations (in PD and outside of it) to spot trends quicker.

Since we're taling about thousands of organizations the possibility of assigning relations at import.

• Pipedrive User 164
    Pipedrive User 164 Member Posts: 171
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes

For what it's worth, this is how we chose to handle this and I like it better that linking records.

We sell commercials services. take window cleaning for example. Sometimes that is direct to a single business, sometimes businesses with multiple locations, and sometimes properties that are professionally managed. Also to school districts that you mention above.

Every physical site gets its own organization record. People associated with that organization either office at that location or live at that location in the event its a residential condominium board member. If the main contact for that organization site offices out of another location we created a custom organization field called "Primary contact" which searched the database for the person as you type sand when filled links back to that person.

Organization Name examples:

West Allis School District - Administration

West Allis School District - Montgomery School

West Allis School District - 124th Street School

ABC Management Company - Corporate

ABC Management Company - Plum Tree Apartments

It really doesn't matter for us at least that all the deals associated with the sibling sites don't roll-up to the parent site directly. We find the simplicity of this method serves us better. The key person at "corporate" can be associated with a deal at any organization anyway.