Best way to directly onboard Clients / Factfinds into Pipedrive

Paul Downes
Paul Downes Member Posts: 34
First Comment

I'm looking for advice on how other users / Advisors fully onboard clients. Basically I am looking for the easiest and fastest way to input the data from a Factfind directly into Pipedriver. Client's personal info, their income and expenditure, assets liabilities etc. 

Do you use web forms or import from excel etc.??

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Comments

• Nathan Betters_13391
    Nathan Betters_13391 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020 #2

Leads/webforms is the easiest because you can tie it directly to a deal stream.

• Jennie Lau
    Jennie Lau Member Posts: 18
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Paul Downes, I've struggled with this same issue myself, because let's face it... it's just a waste of time if we enter the initial conversation data into once system and have to do data entry again into Pipedrive. However, when I first have a conversation with a potential client, they're not necessarily moving forward with me right away. For those leads, I like to create a pinned note into Pipedrive with a summary of the pertinent contact details and their goals so that I can always reference back to it when I need to. For security purposes, all financial data is kept inside my origination system. Pipedrive is just to log conversations and lead flow for my sales funnel. 

I sometimes use the Pipedrive mobile app but only if I'm really on the road and taking in new lead info. I find having Pipedrive open on a desktop/laptop more dependable since I have lost data on the mobile app when it decided not to sync notes to web version of Pipedrive. Sometimes there's a need to clear cache or reinstall a newer updated version of the mobile app but that will wipe out unsynced data. 

• Anastasiia Dyshkant
    Anastasiia Dyshkant Member Posts: 20
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #4

I'd recommend Trujay’s automated migration. You can proceed with the migration on your own, map records, and launch the full migration. With this article-instruction, it’s easier to understand the mapping process. 

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #5

Hi @Paul Downes, I've struggled with this same issue myself, because let's face it... it's just a waste of time if we enter the initial conversation data into once system and have to do data entry again into Pipedrive. However, when I first have a conversation with a potential client, they're not necessarily moving forward with me right away. For those leads, I like to create a pinned note into Pipedrive with a summary of the pertinent contact details and their goals so that I can always reference back to it when I need to. For security purposes, all financial data is kept inside my origination system. Pipedrive is just to log conversations and lead flow for my sales funnel. 

I sometimes use the Pipedrive mobile app but only if I'm really on the road and taking in new lead info. I find having Pipedrive open on a desktop/laptop more dependable since I have lost data on the mobile app when it decided not to sync notes to web version of Pipedrive. Sometimes there's a need to clear cache or reinstall a newer updated version of the mobile app but that will wipe out unsynced data. 

@Jennie Lau are you utilizing a Point of Sale system? I set up an automated email that includes a link to my online application, so my process to begin the deal only consists of entering a name, email and phone number in PD.  From there, they will receive the email, complete my application, which will push any necessary data back to PD via Zapier.  In the end, the only thing that I entered is name, email and phone number.

• Jennie Lau
    edited September 2020 #6

Hi @Christian Ayala I'm not using any POS systems. Are you utilizing PD to send out your automated email? for security reasons, I don't use 2-way email sync with PD. What you're doing sounds great, looks like it provides some sort of efficiency with tracking your active pipeline. I haven't built out an efficient way to track active pipeline tasks in PD. So far just nurturing folks prior to application. 

• Christian Ayala
    edited September 2020 #7

Yeah, you nailed it.  I was looking for a good way to track our pipeline, and have begun to use PD for managing it from end to end.  I broke down our process into three different pipelines, 1. Applications (sales), 2. Loans in Process (active loans in UW) and 3. Loans in Closing(CTC to Funding).  Fulfillment is handled in our LOS, which will soon take care of pipeline management for active loans, but still waiting on some enhancements.  For now, setting up to have PD do it all.

Initially, I set up to send the invitation to apply email from PD, but I'm not crazy about email in PD, so this will go out of my O365 account using Microsoft Power Automate.  I handle all docs via our POS, so not much sensitive info is in my email.  Are you a broker?

• Jennie Lau
    edited September 2020 #8

I'm a correspondent/direct lender and I only broker non-QM loans. The way you broke out our different pipeline works in the broker model, pretty much task of an LO vs Processor vs Funder. For majority of my loans, the ops team is internal so I just keep a pipeline in PD to track milestones of an active app. Active pipeline stages goes from File submission > Disclosures signed > Initial UW > Pending appraisal > Pending conditions > CTC Review > Docs Out > Funded. Gives me a birds-eye view of progress but all the tracking is really done in the LOS.

I find PD more useful keeping track of my preapproved buyers and potential refis. 

• Paul Downes
    Paul Downes Member Posts: 34
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #9

Hi @Christian Ayala , when you say that your clients received an email to complete the application. What app are they completing the Application Form on? How do you Zap it into PD?

Thanks,

Paul

• Christian Ayala
    edited September 2020 #10

@Jennie Lau Yes, different processes for different models.  I agree, we will ultimately use PD for sales once our new LOS completes a few pipeline management upgrades.  It's doing a good job of filling the gaps for now.

@Paul Downes  Our application is handled via a separate platform that is specific for Home Mortgage Lending Fulfillment.  Both platforms are integrated to Zapier, which is how data is passed.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2020 #11

Hi @Paul Downes , what a lively discussion you're started here, love to see it!

I would suggest either importing the data as a spreadsheet (more of a manual process) or using one of the integration platforms available in our marketplace, as they allow you to create automations outside the scope of our own native features, like automatically transferring data from A to B. I did a quick search for you, take a look here.

Hope that helps!

• Brendan Pfahlert
    Brendan Pfahlert Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2020 #12

The first question should be do you need this info in Pipedrive? Or do you just need to know that this information has been collected?

Working with clients they often use FileInvite to collect customers data and documents. Moving a deal in pipedrive to a particular stage can trigger a FileInvite to be sent via Zappier. Once returned they are moved along the pipeline to "info collected" and the data is usually synced to Dropbox or similar for working on.