Do you make separate pipelines for each year?

Rahul Joshi
Rahul Joshi Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Many companies work according to the financial year. It's very important to see in the pipeline only the deals we have this year, that are open, won and lost, so that we get a good idea of how well we are doing this year. Right now, if I see won and lost deals, I see deals going all the way back to 2018 which is not useful to get a gauge of how we are doing just this year.

For a 10-year-old company, you'd have won/lost deals from 2011 and 2012 all the way down to 2020, which may be a huge number of deals and not very useful. HubSpot does this easily, as does SalesForce - view deals from this year, last year, any specific year, etc.

Right now, the filter system doesn't have one by year - the most it goes to is 6 months. I think we have to do a separate pipeline for each year to work around this, is that usually what people do? How do most companies separate by year in Pipedrive?

How does everyone organise their pipelines, and what do you use multiple pipelines for? Is there a best practice associated with this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Rahul Joshi 

I'd do anything to avoid needing multiple pipelines.
    You can easily achieve this by creating the following filter and adjust the dates according to your needs.

• Rahul Joshi
    Rahul Joshi Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2020 #3

Hi @Rahul Joshi 

You can easily achieve this by creating the following filter and adjust the dates according to your needs.

Thanks Mike, that certainly helps. It'd be great if there were an easier, more direct pre-set filter for doing that. 

I still would like to know how people organise their pipelines. Surely, they don't want to see all deals won and lost since the start of the company. Perhaps a good topic for a blog piece from Pipedrive? Best practices for organising pipelines by year, or best way of looking at yearly snapshots?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited October 2020 #4

Hi @Rahul Joshi 

Thanks for the input @Rahul Joshi really the best advice is to keep it all in one place. This way you can easily report of that one pipeline and in the reports also use timeframes to look at your outcomes. Filters are then used to look for specific stuff you're interested in.

I would recommend though to start a discussion around, how people organise their pipelines in general. I'd recommend posting on this tag here and a title that says something like, "how do you organize your pipelines?"