Is there a way to export all the activities/notes/emails of a deal?

Options
Rob Bakker
Rob Bakker Member Posts: 9
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

We'd like to create complete dossiers per deal after completing one, saving it outside of PD.

• All fields
  • What & when activities were done
  • What notes have been made
  • E-mail traffic
  • etc...

Basically everything we've done to complete the deal should be possible to export as a whole. Somebody outside of our company (and thus our PD) should be able to view this dossier. 

Once every year we have to report these kind of things to a board. So it would be very handy if it could be exported by the touch of a button. 

I know this is possible with the activities, set up the filters and go. But I miss all the contact within mails and Notes (Pipechat).

Hope there is a solution to this!

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Rob Bakker 

Unfortunately, there's no such button in Pipedrive. You can however, use our open API to extract anything you need. We're also working on giving non-users access to some Pipedrive data, that might help you down the road.

• Rob Bakker
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Rob Bakker 

Unfortunately, there's no such button in Pipedrive. You can however, use our open API to extract anything you need. We're also working on giving non-users access to some Pipedrive data, that might help you down the road.

Is there an easy way to use the API or do  I need to code a piece of software for it? No experience whatsoever in coding 😅

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #4
    Options

Hi @Rob Bakker 

@Rob Bakker you do need some technical skills to use it unfortunately. Perhaps there's someone in your company/environment who can assist?

• Rob Bakker
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #5
    Options

Hi @Rob Bakker 

Unfortunatly I'm the most technical guy in our small company  😜.

When i have some spare time i'll give it a look. Just hoped you had some directions regarding a template of some sort to have a startingpoint for working with the API.

• Rich Walker
    Rich Walker Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2021 #6
    Options

If there was a way to get all the "hidden" sections unhidden at once, then we could just print to PDF and show that. Maybe that would be a simple solution?

(By "hidden" I mean all the things which can be expanded, and aren't expanded by default)

• Philipp Schmidt
    Philipp Schmidt Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2021 #7
    Options

Any progress or update on this in the past year? We would also need to export all activities/emails/notes etc for certain deals in order to file them.

Having someone code something sound like a headache for something as simple as an export of data. We already put the data in PD, we should have multiple ways to get it out of it if necessary.

• Steven Webster
    Steven Webster Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2021 #8
    Options

This would be a really really useful feature to extract the notes from a specific deal

• Ben Lavender
    Ben Lavender Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  Hi Mike, has this been considered any further? I use Pipedrive as my pipeline tool, once I have secured the deal, I no longer need to use Pipeline to interact with that client's activity. Being able to export all my notes etc in one PDF and then throw that on file somewhere would save me having to manually export it all somehow. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2022 #10
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  Hi Mike, has this been considered any further? I use Pipedrive as my pipeline tool, once I have secured the deal, I no longer need to use Pipeline to interact with that client's activity. Being able to export all my notes etc in one PDF and then throw that on file somewhere would save me having to manually export it all somehow. 

Hi @Ben Lavender unfortunately this has not been prioritised on our side yet :( I'm going to highlight it to our team again but can't make any promises. Right now the only option is to export them in individual files or work something out via the API of Pipedrive.

• MC
    MC Member Posts: 70
    5 Likes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

This is a big +1 from me too for this feature @Mike van der Valk.

We are an insolvency and restructuring accounting firm and the regulations in Australia require us to have a complete record of all comms we have had with someone from their first contact with us through to the appointment (when the engagement/job officially started). We need what @Rob Bakker is describing.

We want not just the metadata re dates, type of activity, user, recipient (contact) etc., but we also want to see the contents of Notes and Emails. We need this in chronological order in a document, spreadsheet or PDF. An easy way to create this would make Pipedrive even more valuable, especially some industries and professions like ours.

@Mike van der Valk here's my suggestion for how this could work in the UI: https://app.screencast.com/6vCl0k9HR24aI

If you could do this I'd be forever grateful. (Bribe coming 🤫 ... I'd be more than happy to record a video testimonial about how much better Pipedrive is than HubSpot at, for us, a fraction of the price. [We are in the process of switching from HubSpot to Pipedrive.]) 🤞 ~MC

• MC
    Options

@Rob Bakker a follow-on question... seeing as you asked this question 3 years ago, can I ask, what has been your workaround to achieve this outcome, assuming you are still using Pipedrive? Did you pull the data out using a 3rd party tool? Thanks in advance for your help!

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

@MC I responded to your question in the other post, but I am thinking out loud again given the question in this post.

The first suggestion is the same: building a data pipeline using Coupler. You can then visualize the data from Google Sheets using Tableau or Looker Studio, or even Google Sheets. You can read more about building a data pipeline for Pipedrive in this article.

Another option is to export the data to Google Sheets using Coupler and then build a bespoke frontend using a platform like Glide Apps. I can help with this too.

• MC
    Options

Thanks for your replies @Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz). I have read your articles (great content on your site, well done!) and they seem to be about (1) bulk / all data exports, (2) dashboards (e.g. in Tableau) or (3) Apps (e.g. Glide Apps). We don't at this stage want any of those per se, unless they are a stepping stone to getting what we want, and that is this: (4) A document that is an export of all comms from a single Deal. It needs to be a simple process that non-technical staff can do.

Thanks for your relies over on Report Activities with long notes — Pipedrive Community too. I will update that thread now with my reply to Coupler — and yes, I will book a time with you in the coming days.