Quote/estimate in foreign currency.

Daryl Adams
Daryl Adams Member Posts: 3
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

My company is located in Canada and we carry a vehicle that is priced in USD. I am looking for help to include in my quote that will protect me should the USD change dramatically. I am looking to protect both the company and our clients.

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2021 #2

Hi @Daryl Adams , thank you for your question, the community is definitely the place for questions like this!

I have taken the liberty to add some more tags to your post to increase its visibility to more community members, and also pinned it to the main feed for a couple of days.

In the meantime, I think we might have some experienced users who can probably give you some tips: @Bernd Auer , @Boris Tsibelman  what's your advice for this type of situation?

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited October 2020 #3

Hi Daryl,

Not sure if I understand your question correctly. You send a quotation which should not bind you anymore, if the USD looses it's worth compared to Canadian Dollars? 

You could have a sentence in your terms which says: "The price is based on xxx Canadian Dollars. It can variate according to the exchange rates of the date of acceptance."

Not sure if my german English sound legally correct, but you get what I mean, right?

Alternatively I would limit the time to accept drastically "this offer is valid until: 3 days later."

Are you asking because you are afraid of the effects of the election? :)