Renewal deals in Pipedrive

Options
Kirill Grebtsov
Kirill Grebtsov Member Posts: 59
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hello everyone,

My team and I are looking to test our approach of supporting the Renewal deals in Pipedrive. 

We're in the early stage of defining solutions for the problem and thusly are very eager to get insights from our end users. 

If your company has renewal deals, please leave your comment here so that I know whom to reach out to with invites or send me an email at kirill.grebtsov@pipedrive.com

Comments

• Katie Haystead
    Katie Haystead Member Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

We have renewal deals and would love to provide insights. 

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    Jeremy Gulley_11062 Member Posts: 80
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hello @Kirill Grebtsov,

One of my organizations that I commonly work in is JUST launching a subscription service and will require renewal on an annual basis. If you're looking for more input, I'm always happy to chat.

• Kirill Grebtsov
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #4
    Options

We have renewal deals and would love to provide insights. 

Thank you, Katie for being ready to talk and provide insights! You can signup for a short call here

• Kirill Grebtsov
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #5
    Options

Hello @Kirill Grebtsov,

One of my organizations that I commonly work in is JUST launching a subscription service and will require renewal on an annual basis. If you're looking for more input, I'm always happy to chat.

Hi Jeremy!

I would love to get input from you.  You can signup for a short call here

• David Belchinsky
    David Belchinsky Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #6
    Options

Hey Kirill,
    We have renewal deals and we would like to see how is it possible to manage it with Pipedrive.

• Jason Prosnitz
    Jason Prosnitz Member Posts: 12
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

@Kirill Grebtsov  Are you still looking into this? I can share my use case with you if you'd like.

• Kirill Grebtsov
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #8
    Options

@Kirill Grebtsov  Are you still looking into this? I can share my use case with you if you'd like.

Hi Jason! We are indeed looking into this, I'd be happy to chat with you. Please drop an email to kirill.grebtsov@pipedrive.com and we will agree on a suitable time

• Pierre Calzadilla
    Pierre Calzadilla Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited November 2020 #9
    Options

For sure - we have renewals here and are very interested in this functionality at Local Logic. 

• Akshay Gupta
    Akshay Gupta Member Posts: 14
    Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #10
    Options

Hi, We are in SAAS renewals and we have created a custom date field in Deal. Then we put renewal date in this field after deal is won. We then track this field in "Forecast" view. Please let me know, if we can do better. 
    We dont use subscription feature of PD, so unable to track more on renewals. 

• Jason Prosnitz
    Jason Prosnitz Member Posts: 12
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #11
    Options

I did drop you an email but never got a response. Hopefully you have what you need.

• Gerson Andrade
    Gerson Andrade Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2022 #12
    Options

Hi @Kirill Grebtsov

For companies like mine where we don't want to manager subcriptions or payments schedules, would it be possible to hide the "revenue" box" or at least to have it in the bottom and not in a prime space of the deal screen?

Thanks and regards,

Miguel CC

• Alex Stueber
    Alex Stueber Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited December 2020 #13
    Options

Hi @Kirill Grebtsov

For companies like mine where we don't want to manager subcriptions or payments schedules, would it be possible to hide the "revenue" box" or at least to have it in the bottom and not in a prime space of the deal screen?

Thanks and regards,

Miguel CC

Hey @Miguel Carvalho how are you?!
    Yes, it's possible to hide this.

Just go to your Quick Help icon next to your "sales assistant" Lamp there you can manage your sidebar the way you want to see.

Have a great day!

• Gerson Andrade
    Gerson Andrade Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2020 #14
    Options

Hi @Kirill Grebtsov

Thanks and regards,

Miguel CC

Of course, you're right. Thanks!

• Timo Simonlatser_23323
    Timo Simonlatser_23323 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2020 #15
    Options

Hi, @Kirill Grebtsov  if you want to discuss about renewals my company is on field with subscription/contract based products with contract renewals.

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #16
    Options

Renewals are a very big part of our business as we are a landscape maintenance and snow and ice control contractor. Or agreements are most often for one or three years. But sometimes two and occasionally longer. But when I say years what I really mean is seasons. While most of the customer service reps work for preparing renewals and reviewing profitability will likely take place using legacy software systems it would be very convenient if in pipedrive we could create renewal deals using core renewal functionality in pipedrive. I had played around with some automations that included a custom detail field, a separate renewal pipeline and some workflow automations as a test for handling renewals but it was a bit cumbersome.  

As we transition from tracking with a spreadsheet to pipedrive here is what we have typically used. 

This is the aggregate summary page. 

This is a users page that feeds the summary and where the salesperson enters the data for renewal type. 

This is the worksheet for new sales type that feeds the summary sheet:

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #17
    Options

For sales tracking purposes our sales people/customer service reps must maintain data entry in as many as 4 different spreadsheets and often entering data into multiple worksheets within those spreadsheets. It varies for each rep depending on the opportunities they have as some focus on certain things more than others. 

That is in addition to building proposals in our legacy business management software package knows as sliceplus.com 

• Simon Martin_2381
    Simon Martin_2381 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #18
    Options

Would love to be a part of this, we sell IT services and Subscription software that we would love to track monthly etc.

• Katie Haystead
    Katie Haystead Member Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #19
    Options

We'd love to be apart of this too-similar situation as Simon and would love to track renewals a little better than the work arounds we have created to date. 

• Markus Gronlund
    Markus Gronlund Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 #20
    Options

Hi, We are in SAAS renewals and we have created a custom date field in Deal. Then we put renewal date in this field after deal is won. We then track this field in "Forecast" view. Please let me know, if we can do better. 

Hi Akshay, 

Hope you are doing well, was hoping to see if you have gotten any further in this.

We also have created a separte pipeline for customers with a custom field called renewal date. My question to you is if you have figured out a way to automatically update this renewal date once the customer pays?

• Akshay Gupta
    Akshay Gupta Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2021 #21
    Options

Hi,

No. Once customer pays, we update it manually. But your anyways integrate with your invoicing system, via zapier to achive this automation.
    We are still wondering if our custom solution is better, or we shall use Pipedrive's default subscription feature.

• Markus Gronlund
    Markus Gronlund Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 #22
    Options

OK thanks for that Akshay!,

I've found the subscription feature very is limiting thus far. 

Ok got it, can I ask you what invoicing you use, we currently have Visma and I'm trying to figure out how to integrate it better

• Kirill Grebtsov
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #23
    Options

Hello all,

Thank you very much for showing interest in our solution!

As we move further in our process, we'd like to share with you all an interactive prototype of how the solution might work in Pipedrive in the future. 

When you follow the link below you will be taken on a guided tour through the prototype with some tasks to be completed and you will be able to give feedback on what you see. 

Your feedback is crucial for us to make the product that you can enjoy and benefit from, thank you very much!

https://t.maze.design/26349217

password: Pipedriverenewals

• Mcqueen
    Mcqueen Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #24
    Options

Hello all,

As we move further in our process, we'd like to share with you all an interactive prototype of how the solution might work in Pipedrive in the future. 

When you follow the link below you will be taken on a guided tour through the prototype with some tasks to be completed and you will be able to give feedback on what you see. 

Your feedback is crucial for us to make the product that you can enjoy and benefit from, thank you very much!

I's already tried this, this is actually what we want. And we were struggling of if we should build this process on Pipedrive manually, because it's too much work. But now, seems it can be ready soon, so I'd like to know, when will this be released, so we could start using it?

• Kirill Grebtsov
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #25
    Options

Hello all,

we aim at the beginning of Q2, but some simpler version maybe live even earlier

• Simon Martin_2381
    Simon Martin_2381 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #26
    Options

Hello all,

So am I right in thinking that this uses a separate pipeline for creating the renewal deals?

• Mcqueen
    Mcqueen Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #27
    Options

Hello all,

Great, really look forward of it. And hope by the beginning of Q2, it can at least include all these I saw today.

• Kirill Grebtsov
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #28
    Options

Hello all,

Hi Simon, 

One will be able to specify which Pipeline to use for renewal deals

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #29
    Options

Hello all,

Hi @Kirill Grebtsov We will be interested in renewals however we do not use the products feature.  Our services are very often seasonal contracts that span 4, 6 , or 7 payments.  Landscape maintenance services for example are usually billed across 6 months and then the agreement renews annually. Tracking each payment wouldnt be the priority for us but the ease of creating a renewal deal for the next season and having it be designated a renewal would be the key on our end.  There are always gap. The agreement usually runs from april to november and then the renewal deal would start the following April. 

• Kirill Grebtsov
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #30
    Options

Hello all,

Hi @Brad Krause 

I do agree that for any business tracking payments is quite an important part of the business activity, however with this solution we're taking more sales-oriented approach and leave payments to be tracked in the accounting software of one's choice.

However, if say you have monthly invoices, you could always set up amonthly deal and have it as a reminder to check on customers payment and if needed follow up with the payment.

• Kirill Grebtsov
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #31
    Options

We'd love to be apart of this too-similar situation as Simon and would love to track renewals a little better than the work arounds we have created to date. 

@Katie Haystead 

perhaps you could have a look at the prototype I've shared in this thread below?