Need for an internal Chat for the company as part of Pipedrive basic features !

Options
Guillaume_1141
Guillaume_1141 Member Posts: 45
First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Hello there ! 

I hope you are taking care of your health ! I wish sometimes in the near future you will develop an internal Chat in Pipedrive so employees can communicate between them about the deals. That would be fantastic. Imagine being able inside a deal that is followed by several people of the company to post a comment, ask a question, ask about an update (as the CEO) or simply communicate with another member of the team about the deal and keep track of the instructions given to a sales person in charge for example... That would really help. I don't know why it has not been developed already... Pipedrive is a GREAT team tool... We need to communicate between us without using external tools. We use so much What's App or Slack as a workaround solution... We would rather stay inside Pipedrive ! We have Email, Deals, Activities, Contacts and Products but no internal Chat. I feel it is a must have... Thanks !!

Comments

• Dailius Wilson
    Dailius Wilson Member Posts: 10
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

Ive seen this be extremely beneficial!

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #3
    Options

Until the point where this is a standard feature, you can use Asana to start a discussion about any open deal in your browser window. You will have to use Chrome Web Extension for Asana.

1. Open the deal.
    2. Click the Asana Chrome Extension.
    3. Click the link so that the link to the deal gets included.
    4. Assign a project to the task.
    5. Assign the task to a person. 
  • Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

We've actually just gathered a team to work on this. It was always in our plans but recent events have been speeding up the need for this. Any other suggestion around the topic you have please do share here!

• Eric Wilhelm
    Eric Wilhelm Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2020 #5
    Options

We've actually just gathered a team to work on this. It was always in our plans but recent events have been speeding up the need for this. Any other suggestion around the topic you have please do share here!

Any updates on a time-frame for this?  This would be a highly beneficial feature!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #6
    Options

@Eric Wilhelm I wish I could but it's always very tricky to give timeframes in software development and I wouldn't want to give a date that is too optimistic. Sorry for the deflecting answer but one thing I can promise you, there is a team literally working on this right now so it can't be too far away anymore 😇

• Eric Wilhelm
    Eric Wilhelm Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2020 #7
    Options

Thanks for the reply @Mike van der Valk , looking forward to it!

• Guillaume_1141
    edited April 2022 #8
    Options

Thanks Mike, I am happy to know you are working on it. I think a very good model for this could be Slack features. We use Slack creating channels for each deal we have to discuss about so we can keep track of the chats without mixing everything as when using What's App for example. I really look forward to trying this new pipedrive feature soon. All the best.

• Jazmin Poyser
    Jazmin Poyser Member Posts: 21
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

This is excellent @Mike van der Valk and precisely what we are after.  Given this thread was 8 months ago, just wondering if there is any further update on progress? 

In advance, thanks so much.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #10
    Options

This is excellent @Mike van der Valk and precisely what we are after.  Given this thread was 8 months ago, just wondering if there is any further update on progress? 

Hi @Jazmin Poyser we ran into a few things along the way but we aim to still roll it out this year and otherwise very early next year 🚀

• Jazmin Poyser
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #11
    Options

Ok that's great, thank you for the update @Mike van der Valk  - we look forward to the feature!

• Guillaume_1141
    edited January 2021 #12
    Options

Hello Mike, any update on this ??

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #13
    Options

Hi @Guillaume We're currently rolling out the @-mentioning to all users, to make sure all goes well this takes some time but we're on it! :) 

• Jazmin Poyser
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #14
    Options

@Mike van der Valk the @mentioning is great, we have been trialing it out.  It would be great to have a Notification centre within Pipedrive too, rather than the only notification being via email. i.e. like Facebook notifications. 
    Also, is there a plan to have a chat box like Gmail hangouts or direct messaging within Pipedrive.  I actually thought that was the "internal chat feature" that was in the works to be rolled out end of last year/early this year.

• Guillaume_1141
    edited January 2021 #15
    Options

@Mike van der Valk the @mentioning is great, we have been trialing it out.  It would be great to have a Notification centre within Pipedrive too, rather than the only notification being via email. i.e. like Facebook notifications. 
    Also, is there a plan to have a chat box like Gmail hangouts or direct messaging within Pipedrive.  I actually thought that was the "internal chat feature" that was in the works to be rolled out end of last year/early this year.

Exactly. That is what I am talking about also. Internal chat with live direct messaging feature. Very important. I have been using @Comments for months now. It is great but it is not a chat service. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2022 #16
    Options

Thanks @Jazmin Poyser and @Guillaume the notification centre is coming. Regarding the chat box this is something the team is currently discussing.

• Guillaume_1141
    edited January 2021 #17
    Options

Thanks @Jazmin Poyser and @Guillaume the notification centre is coming. Regarding the chat box this is something the team is currently discussing.

@Mike van der Valk internal Chat box would be a total game changer !!! Just think about how the teams work together now from home...

• Andrew Arroyo MAIN
    Andrew Arroyo MAIN Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #18
    Options

Is there any apps that we can use that will do this for now? 

• Unallocated
    Unallocated Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2021 #19
    Options

Would love an update, or app suggestion in the meantime? It would be a game changer for our use.

• Fairhope Iron Works
    Fairhope Iron Works Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2021 #20
    Options

It's funny. A co-worker and I were just talking about this earlier. Create a better communication with the office and the shop. Have we made any headway with this idea? 

• Bob Harper
    Bob Harper Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #21
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Any update on this?

• Guillaume_1141
    edited July 2022 #22
    Options

I wonder why it takes so much time to develop. Or may be they dismissed.. I still miss being able to chat inside Pipedrive from any deal or project with the other users in my company. I would use it every single day... 

• Erin_76735
    Erin_76735 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Hello Mike, has there been any update on this? We're using the Projects add-on, but it doesn't seem like I can comment on a task. So am unsure how to discuss tasks with my team for example assigning them a design proof to complete. Thank you, Erin

• Laura Martin
    Laura Martin Member Posts: 14
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hello @Mike van der Valk . It looks like there hasn't been an update to this for a while. Any report on progress?

Our team is so hoping it's coming along. If not, is there a Marketplace integration you'd recommend that could operate within Pipedrive? We use Pipedrive for project management, and all operate as a team, so being able to collaborate via chat within the deals and certainly within Pipedrive would be wonderful. It's the one program we're in all day every day, and having the chat within the deal would allow us to have great notes associated with each deal/project.

Thanks!

• Guillaume_1141
    Options

it has been almost 4 years since I opened that thread. Please @Mike van der Valk or anyone in charge @Pipedriveadmin tell us if the live chat feature is really in the air as mentioned years ago or if we should better forget about it in Pipedrive because there is no priority on it. Being transparent on this won’t hurt anybody. Thanks !!

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Hi everybody,

Unfortunately this "internal chat" functionality is currently not on our roadmap and prioritised against other items in the plans. I passed it on to the teams working in this area in Pipedrive and asked them to review this thread for when they will have their next prioritisation session but I can confirm it's currently not in the plans.

Regarding marketplace apps. In case you are a Slack user then we have the Slackbot there and Deals+ for Slack. Otherwise you could connect Pipedrive through Zapier to other chat tools you might be using.

I hope this information will help you despite it not being in the plans and apologies for missing those earlier comments on my part.

• Laura Martin
    Laura Martin Member Posts: 14
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

@Mike van der Valk . Thanks for the response. So disappointing after the long-touted "coming soon!" status. Unfortunately, the chat integrations in Marketplace all seem to be designed to work with website visitors, whereas we'd use it just for our team to have discussions within individual deals. I will go pout for a while but promise that I'll get over it. ;-)

• Guillaume_1141
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Thanks for the response. We are also very disappointed after so much hope. I really don't see how it is not a priority inside a sales platform to give capabilities of direct coordination in the teams. Sales are not individual actions for a lot of companies. They are team activities. Exactly as @Laura Martin said: "we'd use it just for our team to have discussions within individual deals". I would be curious to know what priorities you have at this stage. So we would know what to expect. I have seen a lot of changes on Monday, Clickup etc… Is Pipedrive planning some new useful features or is it just surfing the wave as it ? 😉

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

I hear you both and understand the reaction here. I'll make sure the relevant teams take a look at this thread here too. We're continously trying to balance our priorities between introducing new and relevant functionality versus improving the features we have already based on our customer feedback.

Unfortunately I can't share a public roadmap. We'll continue however to do what we've been doing the past years which is continuously improving the Pipedrive product and offering for all customers. Keep an eye on our channels as there are many more updates coming out in the future 🙏