אוטומציות בין סמוב לפייפדרייב

Dan Cohen
Dan Cohen Member Posts: 9
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Hi friends!

I want to create automations for creating and / or updating contacts between Pipedrive and Smoove. I want either one to pull data from the other, and update fields or create new contact, if none exists.

My contacts have custom fields. The main one which I am getting a headache from is the events history. I want to be able to know which events(webinars/courses/lectures) a contact attended since the day was first created. I have multiple events and courses going on at once, some are signed up from smoove landing pages, some from embeded smoove forms, others(in the future) from facebook lead ads, some are being fed manually.

what is the best way, in your opinion, to handle this? I currently have a custom field in the smoove system when has a date range for various events. Internal automation inserts date in a certain event when a user signs up for it. But- i dont know what the best way to transfer this data to smoove without creating multiple automations , one for each event...

thanks!

Comments

• David_Zisner
    David_Zisner Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Dan Cohen  - sounds like you want to want to have an unlimited number of custom fields in Smoove, and sync all of them to Pipedrive - did I understand correctly?

Doing it one by one is a never ending and tedious job. I would set up a process that runs each day at midnight,  pulls the contact from Smoove, iterates its custom fields and reflects all their values to a text field & note in Pipedrive.

I would avoid adding a custom field in Pipedrive for each event, because if you do it will be very difficult for the sales reps to work with Pipedrive. So I would aggregate it all to a single text field & note.

• Dan Cohen
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 #3

Hi @Dan Cohen  - sounds like you want to want to have an unlimited number of custom fields in Smoove, and sync all of them to Pipedrive - did I understand correctly?

Doing it one by one is a never ending and tedious job. I would set up a process that runs each day at midnight,  pulls the contact from Smoove, iterates its custom fields and reflects all their values to a text field & note in Pipedrive.

I would avoid adding a custom field in Pipedrive for each event, because if you do it will be very difficult for the sales reps to work with Pipedrive. So I would aggregate it all to a single text field & note.

Thanks David! 
    "sounds like you want to want to have an unlimited number of custom fields in Smoove, and sync all of them to Pipedrive - did I understand correctly?"- CORRECT :)

You're idea sounds good. 2 q's:
    1. how can i make sure an automation like this doesnt erase past data, and instead aggregates it in pipedrive?

2. will i be able to filter contacts based on their 'event signups' history if this info will be displayed in a single note field ? this is important for me 

• David_Zisner
    edited February 2022 #4

Hi @Dan Cohen  - if you keep the note ID when creating it, you could update it so it will aggregate the data.

If I remember correctly you can search based on text in notes - however, you cannot create filters based on notes (i.e. "show all deals that their note has the data 2021-01-19")

• Dan Cohen
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 #5

Hi @Dan Cohen  - if you keep the note ID when creating it, you could update it so it will aggregate the data.

If I remember correctly you can search based on text in notes - however, you cannot create filters based on notes (i.e. "show all deals that their note has the data 2021-01-19")

thanks David.
    I'd love to ask: lets put Smoove aside. What is the best way in your opinion to keep track of customer activity: signups for webinars, events, courses and so forth- so I can do a quick check which people did what, filter them, and use that info for future marketing?

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2021 #6

Hi @Dan Cohen and @David Zisner !

Dropping by to say this conversation is a great example of how we want the Community to work and it's a delight to see it :) 

I've tagged some additional relevant topics in your post so it can be seen by more members who it’s useful for. 🚀

Pro tip: follow the Learning topic to get notified about curated knowledge on Sales, Marketing, CRM, Pipedrive and everything in their orbit. Share your own tips there too!

• David_Zisner
    edited February 2022 #7

Thanks Ines :-) it's great to have a place to conduct these conversations, thank you for the commmunity!

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2021 #8

Thanks Ines :-) it's great to have a place to conduct these conversations, thank you for the commmunity!

And we thank all the community members for giving it life :)