Net and gross price in products

Options
Felix Brumme
Felix Brumme Member Posts: 29
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes

Hi everyone, 

Currently, you can only store the gross price and tax in products. At the end you also get the total tax, but that was all.

We would like to use the products to create contracts or other documents directly. Therefore, the net value is also very important for us. (...and I hope we are not alone with this problem.)

We would like to have the net value of all products linked to the deal in the line, which also serves as a data endpoint, so that it can be used by other tools like GetAccept or something else.

In addition, it would also be very useful for us to be able to decide what price to deposit. So either the gross price or net price. 

We work in several countries with different tax rates. There are products/services that should have the same net value everywhere, but are taxed differently depending on the country. We would like to avoid having to create a separate product for each tax rate. 

600af3bf48a90b7fd1d6d703_59856.png

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Felix Brumme 

That's some great suggestion, I'll make sure this lands on the table of our team so they can prioritise it with other ideas in the pipeline :) thanks for sharing.

• Rob Dash_6161
    Rob Dash_6161 Member Posts: 10
    First Comment
    edited April 2021 #3
    Options

I agree with Felix. I would like to see a tax exclusive radio button added, so the amount at the end of each line is net of tax. Then the totals at the bottom would be

Total net (a logical addition of the amounts directly above it)

Total tax

Total Gross 

• Rob Brown
    Rob Brown Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2021 #4
    Options

Hi @Felix Brumme 

That's some great suggestion, I'll make sure this lands on the table of our team so they can prioritise it with other ideas in the pipeline :) thanks for sharing.

Hi Mike, did this go anywhere? We are having problems integrating with pandadocs due to this problem.

Thanks

Rob

• Suveren
    Suveren Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Any news on this? @Mike van der Valk

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Hi @Suveren I just replied to you in another thread too :) I've passed it along to our team working on products. Hopefully it can be prioritised.

• Sten V.
    Sten V. Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi Mike, and team,

Would like to let you know that we are also looking forward to this functionality. For B2B sales this is a 'must have' i would say.

Let us know when you start working on this, I believe quite some companies are waiting for this functionality to be added. There are several topics about the same issue/request.

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Will pass on your nice words to our team working on this area @Sten V. :)

• Jess Stacey
    Jess Stacey Pipedrive Team Posts: 38 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi @Sten V.

I'm a product manager at Pipedrive, currently working on implementing the tax exclusive option in the products feature. We're doing some prototype testing of the new solution over the next couple of days. If you'd like to participate and provide your feedback, you can book in a slot here

Thanks!

Jess

• Benedikt
    Benedikt Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi @Jess Stacey: any update on this?