Does anyone know how to change a current deal back into a lead?

Caleb Park
Caleb Park Member Posts: 2
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #2

Hi @Caleb Park unfortunately there's no direct way to do this. Could you tell me the use case why this would happen? A deal turning into a lead again?

One option would be to export deals, and re-import them back as leads.

• Sean Kila
    Sean Kila Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3

I just posted about this - the introduction video you guys made showing us how to use Leads actually explains it. I have a whole column of my existing pipeline dedicated to leads as there was previously no specific function to house them. Now with the Leads tab, I'd like to reorganize my pipeline and move all of these over to the Leads tab.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #4
    Sean Kila said:

I just posted about this - the introduction video you guys made showing us how to use Leads actually explains it. I have a whole column of my existing pipeline dedicated to leads as there was previously no specific function to house them. Now with the Leads tab, I'd like to reorganize my pipeline and move all of these over to the Leads tab.

Thanks @Sean Kila I saw your other post. I see multiple responses from people about converting deals to leads. I got it now, also read that we're working on making automations work with it as well. So we'll work on it in the future, thanks for clarifying!

• Caleb Park
    Caleb Park Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022 #5

I am in the same boat as sean. My team has created our own way or tracking leads in the midst of our deals, somewhat cumbersome and this would allow us to clean it up without completely recreating them in the new Leads section. 

• Marcel Merkx
    Marcel Merkx Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #6

I did not try it, but you could consider an export of the existing pipeline data and then import it into Leads?

• Steve Moriya
    Steve Moriya Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #7

Joining in on this thread.  @Mike van der Valk , you're saying we would need to export the entire deals pipeline, then extract the column and/or deals that we'd like to import into the leads portion?  And my follow up question, which is probably apparent, but a lead can easily be turned into a deal by dragging or pull down menu of converting lead to deal?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #8

Joining in on this thread.  @Mike van der Valk , you're saying we would need to export the entire deals pipeline, then extract the column and/or deals that we'd like to import into the leads portion?  And my follow up question, which is probably apparent, but a lead can easily be turned into a deal by dragging or pull down menu of converting lead to deal?

Hi @Steve Moriya unfortunately that's the way for now. However, great news we're a few weeks away from delivering a native way to change deals back to leads without any exporting/importing need. So similar how you convert leads to deals, in a few weeks you can convert them back to leads. One of our teams is working on this right now!