Could I use Pipedrive for order management purposes as well?

Florent_29381
Florent_29381 Member Posts: 6
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Hello,

We're using Pipedrive for CRM purposes and to track our sales leads and the different stages of the sales cycle. I was wondering if I could also use the platform (perhaps with certain app-like integrations) for order management purposes. My goal is to, as soon as a project is started and we're working towards delivery, I could update my customer on the stage of the order. I know I can send messages (emails) within a project/lead so I could send a message to the customer that way. 

Does anyone have any experience in using Pipedrive in a similar way?

Thanks

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2021 #2

Technically, you can. You can simply set up a new pipeline for post-sales/orders management.

• Florent_29381
    edited February 2022 #3

Thank you for your reply Amit - much appreciated. I was thinking the same thing. Stages could be on assembly/transport and other matters of order management. 

With workflow automation I might even be able to send certain documents or automated replies to customers once I move it from one stage into the next - but this is something I need to look into still, whether it's possible.

Do you know of any apps that might be helpful to connect with? We connected Slack to Pipedrive, which is very useful, but don't have much other apps/integration in place yet.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2021 #4
    Florent said:

Thank you for your reply Amit - much appreciated. I was thinking the same thing. Stages could be on assembly/transport and other matters of order management. 

With workflow automation I might even be able to send certain documents or automated replies to customers once I move it from one stage into the next - but this is something I need to look into still, whether it's possible.

Do you know of any apps that might be helpful to connect with? We connected Slack to Pipedrive, which is very useful, but don't have much other apps/integration in place yet.

Depends on your use-cases.

Asana/Trello are great apps for project management, which you could use for your Orders Management outside Pipedrive.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #5

Hi @Florent 

Interesting use case! You might want to join our channel here: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

There's a link there to book a time with myself, we're exploring on a project management solution in Pipedrive at the moment. 

• Florent_29381
    edited February 2021 #6

Hi @Florent 

Interesting use case! You might want to join our channel here: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

There's a link there to book a time with myself, we're exploring on a project management solution in Pipedrive at the moment. 

Hi Mike, sounds interesting. I just sent a request to join the channel. Looking forward to continuing the discussion.