Transactional emails in Mailigen?

Options
Michael Newberry
Michael Newberry Member Posts: 6
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

Hello,

Is it possible to create transactional emails?

The situation

I would like to collect feedback from project managers(PM) once a project is completed. A PM may work on more than one project and the survey should be sent by my colleague who doesn't have access to Mailigen.

Possible solution

Ideally there  would be a process where my colleague can type in the PM's email address and name into a form, which would automatically trigger an email using that data.

This can be partly achieved by Mailigen's automation system; an email template could be set up with a link to the survey, I can build a sign-up form for my colleague to enter the recipient's email address, and once the data has been submitted, an automation process could send the email to any new contacts entering the list.

The issue with this approach I believe is if my colleague wants to send an email to the same PM for another project. As they are already part of the list, I believe the form would stop them from submitting the details or just not send the email because the contact is already part of the list.

Is there an alternative approach using Mailigen or  Pipedrive? Can contacts be automatically removed from automation processes after X time has passed? 

Kind regards

Michael

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #2
    Options

@Gints Branks can you help here perhaps?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #3
    Options

Also @Michael Newberry if you do a lot with project management in Pipedrive or external tools and would like us to improve it join us here and book a call with us via the link there: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

• Michael Newberry
    edited February 2021 #4
    Options

Hello Mike,

Many thanks for your response and I'd love to join the group, I have just sent my request through.

Kind regards

Michael

• Gints Branks
    Gints Branks Posts: 12
    First Comment Pipedrive Team Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2021 #5
    Options

Hi @Michael Newberry

Thanks for the great question! Does your PM have access to Pipedrive? If so, then a very simple solution I can think of is to have a custom field that is syncing from PD to Mailigen. In Mailigen your automation trigger is "Send if custom field value changes to -any value-" and mark the checkbox to "Re-enroll subscriber in to the series every time they meet the start criteria".

In that way, your PM could really just change the custom field to any value and your customer would receive the same automated email. What do you think? 

It's true, that a signup form won't allow to subscribe an email that is already on the list. We need to figure a way how to just update the existing subscriber with extra data. 

What do you think of the suggested solution? We can also have a chat tomorrow, if you could email me your phone number to gints.branks@mailigen.com 

All the best,

Gints 

• Michael Newberry
    edited February 2021 #6
    Options

Hello  @Gints Branks 

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately however the PMs don't have access to Pipedrive because they are often recruited as a third party on a temporary basis.

However using your suggested process, could my colleague change the custom field on the PM's behalf and it would send an email each time?

Kind regards

Michael

This discussion has been closed.