Do you use Zoom for video meetings with your customers?

Arseniy
Arseniy Posts: 8 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary Pipedrive Team
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Hello! Arseniy from Product team is here!

What annoys you the most when using Pipedrive and Zoom Meetings to schedule and hold meetings with your customers?

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2

You have to insert the links each time. 

• Arseniy
    edited April 2020 #3

@Boris Tsibelman What do you mean by inserting link? Where? Can you describe the process you try to follow?

• Boris Tsibelman
    edited April 2020 #4

Inserting the zoom link

• Arseniy
    edited April 2020 #5

Do you mean adding zoom link when creating activity in Pipedrive?

• Boris Tsibelman
    edited May 2021 #6

Yes

• Vamsi C.
    Vamsi C. Member Posts: 14
    First Comment Integration Partner
    edited April 2020 #7

I agree with Boris, everytime copy+paste the link in real pain.

To overcome this I'm using TextExpander on mac where I saved this common meeting share link and with hot keys, I paste it where ever I need.

• Vamsi C.
    Vamsi C. Member Posts: 14
    First Comment Integration Partner
    edited April 2022 #8

Its the new update for free users where you can't create a room without meeting room passwords.
    Everytime I have to share the passwords with the clients/prospects/team

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited April 2022 #9

What I dislike most about Zoom is the fact that the visiting client must necessarily download and install a widget to his/her PC in order to share their screen. 

Most of what we do is demos (I share my screen), but very often we are providing tech support (the client shares her screen). I have wasted SO much time teaching people how to install Zoom software on their PCs!

Now we use Vectera. I am a big fan (but not a paid affiliate, I just really like the product). The visitor need not download anything, even to present. So easy... even MY customers can do it.  Just send a link, and they are in our waiting room. I admit them when I am ready. Camera on or off, with or without audio. Very response (fast). 

They also offer a Chrome extension (not Firefox) that allows for recording of meetings, and it works very well.

They support CNAME customization, so the URL presented to my customers appears to be our own (though we are in fact using their servers).

And, it is free in April and May. Just sign up.   https://www.vectera.com/pricing/

• Chris Rozon
    Chris Rozon Member Posts: 17
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #10

I would love to schedule a Zoom call from Pipedrive, then have the recording of the call be uploaded and attach to the person or deal (similar to how the PipeDrive Caller functionality works.) 

• Arseniy
    edited April 2020 #11

I would love to schedule a Zoom call from Pipedrive, then have the recording of the call be uploaded and attach to the person or deal (similar to how the PipeDrive Caller functionality works.) 

@Chris Rozon Thanks for reply! Nice to hear that we are on the right track)

Do you have a chace to have 30 minutes zoom call so you can share your pains and current workflow on this topic?

• Chris Rozon
    Chris Rozon Member Posts: 17
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #12

Sure....  email me chris at tradelanes dot co

• Steven Logreira_31
    Steven Logreira_31 Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2022 #13

It would be great if there was a direct API with Zoom like Justcall or Kixie where the recording of the call is automatically added to Pipedrive.  That would be a gamechanger.

• Steven Logreira_31
    Steven Logreira_31 Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2022 #14

Integrated a client with Acuity and Zoom. When then new appt is booked via Acuity, the zoom link is automatically placed in Pipedrive. Now my wish is that the recording link can also be put inside of PD automatically.

• Kaustav
    Kaustav Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020 #15

I have set up Scheduler, and it works great. Thanks for building a carefully designed tool. :-)

The integration I am looking for is to generate Zoom meetings for each new appointments booked through the Scheduler. The user stories look somewhat like this:

As a PipeDrive user:

• I want to set up a Schedule where I specify the Location as virtual/online. Zoom will be one of the options available.
    • To enable Zoom meeting integration for Scheduler, I will  have to authorize PipeDrive to create meetings in Zoom using Zoom's OAuth flow.
    • I will then expect PipeDrive to create a new Zoom meeting for each new meeting slot booked using Zoom's API, with the authorized Zoom account.
    • PipeDrive will then add the meeting details to the description of the booked meeting.
    • These details will also show up in the calendar invitation received.
    • This will make sure Zoom meeting details are only visible to anyone booking the event only after they have booked the meeting, and will be unique for every meeting.
    • Bonus:
      • Keep track of if the person who booked the meeting showed up, how long the meeting lasted, if there are any recording. Pipedrive can use Zoom's event webhooks to track these, or lazily use Zoom's Meeting API to fetch meeting details after I mark the call is over.

As an end user receiving a scheduler link:

• I will click the link and expect to choose a time slot.
    • The scheduler page I visit should let me know that the meeting will be online, over Zoom, and I will receive an email with the meeting details after I have booked a slot.
    • I choose my slot, book it, and get a confirmation email with Zoom details.
    • I click the link and voila.
  • Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited October 2020 #16
  • Alex Napier Holland
    Alex Napier Holland Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    edited October 2020 #17

Zoom's UX is horrific - almost beyond words.

And I know various designers and entrepreneurs who agree and make fun of how bad it is.

I've switched to Google Meet, which is far smoother to use.

I'd love a Meet integration!