Convert Deals to Leads

Options
Mark Haller
Mark Haller Member Posts: 24
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Loving the new Leads tab - about time.  I was just about to create two pipelines to separate my sales function into warming up leads and those converting that warmed up lead into a client!

I have got hundreds, no probably thousands, of Deals that I want to move to be Leads.

I reached out to support and was told:

1-Export them all to an excel file.
2-Delete them from Pipedrive.
3-Re-import them to Pipedrive as Leads

https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000797525-How-can-I-export-data-from-Pipedrive-

https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/208039595-Importing-data-into-Pipedrive-with-spreadsheets

This not only is a big job for me (which I don't have capacity do now - I need to be focussed), but it will also orphan any activities that sit against those Deals right now, which I would later have to manually link up - a huge task.

Could I therefore ask if the developers can create a "CONVERT TO LEAD" option - this would show up in the Deals list, and against an individual Deal.

It would not only convert the Deal to a Lead, but it would retain the activity against that Deal.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Mark Haller this is on our to-do-list, thanks for sharing and happy to hear you are excited about the feature!

• Mark Haller
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Awesome!  Will it be ready by end of the week?  :-)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #4
    Options

@Mark Haller that I doubt :D but I can tell you it's one of the next things we're working on. It's impossible for me to give a date but if nothing crazy happens it's not multiple months away.

• Mark Haller
    edited June 2020 #5
    Options

Brill, thank you for replying so politely to my request :-)

• Marco Govoni
    Marco Govoni Member Posts: 150
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

Where I can find "Leads"tab? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #7
    Options

@Marco Govoni https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001998358-Leads

It's not live yet for everyone though, let me know what email address you use to login and I can enable it for you to test.

• Marco Govoni
    Marco Govoni Member Posts: 150
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited May 2021 #8
    Options

thanks. My email is info[at]marcogovoni[.]it

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #9
    Options

You should have it now @Marco Govoni perhaps it needs a refresh

• Mark Haller
    edited April 2020 #10
    Options

Do you have a roadmap of how you saw Leads evolving?

I created one as a dummy yesterday but was missing key functionality that I expected.  Things like being able to classify those leads (revenue, company info, tech stack, etc).  And other functionality.

it made me wonder if I should use this knowing the rest will come soon, or whether I should in fact just requalify some of my Deals and just use two pipelines (which is what I was planning on doing soon anyway).

• Fiona Montgomerie
    Fiona Montgomerie Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #11
    Options

We are in the same boat... we have a column in Deals called Leads and its getting longer and longer. I do want to pull them out of this column and treat differently so TICK loving the concept of a LEADS only area but based on the above do i export and re import or hold off until a simpler solution is available??

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #12
    Options

@Mark Haller and @Fiona Montgomerie 

We definitely have plans to further develop this feature and give it the ability to work like the rest of Pipedrive:

• Converting deals to leads
    • Using all your custom fields
    • Bulk editing 
    • Bringing in new lead generation options
    • Etc..

We're also talking to our teams to make sure that in the future this ties in better with other features in PD like workflow automation for example. So yes the leads inbox as it is right now is our first step and for many users already super useful. For others, please hang tight, we're working hard on improving this area the coming time!

• Mark Haller
    edited April 2020 #13
    Options

We are in the same boat... we have a column in Deals called Leads and its getting longer and longer. I do want to pull them out of this column and treat differently so TICK loving the concept of a LEADS only area but based on the above do i export and re import or hold off until a simpler solution is available??

Hi @Fiona Montgomerie 

One way I've got around this, really nicely, for now is to have TWO PIPELINES.

One for LEADS that my sales people use - they are emailing, cold-calling and so on, and trying to warm up people to talk to me and others! (https://i.imgur.com/sDUQcFR.png)

and one for OPPS that I use (as I'm the one taking that warmed lead who are interested in our services and want to engage in a conversation) that I then progress. (https://i.imgur.com/HD6UEtC.png)

And when Mike and his team get Leads to a much better place, we'll likely drop the Leads pipeline and convert all across to proper leads

• Fiona Montgomerie
    Fiona Montgomerie Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #14
    Options

Thanks Mark, yes we are about to implement that as we had plenty of leads coming in, we may still do it as another way to really seperate  and test cheers

• Pip Deely
    Pip Deely Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2020 #15
    Options

Hi @Mark Haller this is on our to-do-list, thanks for sharing and happy to hear you are excited about the feature!

This is def a priority for me as well!!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #16
    Options

For us as well ;) but development takes a little time unfortunately, but rest assure it's coming!

• Jay Wealcatch
    Jay Wealcatch Member Posts: 55
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2020 #17
    Options

We tried the leads pipe but mostly we ended up just having a stage for "leads" and "hot leads" in the beginning of our main pipe.

• Bastiaan de Groot
    Bastiaan de Groot Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #18
    Options

My key feature requests would be:
    - Convert deal to lead button
    - Ability to set the source (or use all fields from deals in the leads field)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #19
    Options

My key feature requests would be:
    - Convert deal to lead button
    - Ability to set the source (or use all fields from deals in the leads field)

@Bastiaan de Groot I'll make you a happy man by saying this is in our product pipeline 🚀 it's hard to give dates for this but it's not too far away anymore 

• Joe_1462
    Joe_1462 Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2020 #20
    Options

I Agree, this would be very helpful. I have a lot of deals to convert to leads as well. 

• Aksel Gresvig
    Aksel Gresvig Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #21
    Options

Leads section - great initiative, but useless in its current form I'm afraid
    We already have all our leads in PD - in the form of Deals or Contacts. You gotta make it easy for us to convert all of these, we're not going to export-delete-reimport just because PD decided to launch a new Leads type entity.

But again - this is great progress, just make it usable!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #22
    Options

We already have all our leads in PD - in the form of Deals or Contacts. You gotta make it easy for us to convert all of these, we're not going to export-delete-reimport just because PD decided to launch a new Leads type entity.

@Aksel Gresvig great news. We have a team already working on converting deals to leads as well as many other cool updates on the leads section. Bear with us!

• Chris Adlparvar
    Chris Adlparvar Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2020 #23
    Options

Tell the team we are excited! VERY EXCITED!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #24
    Options

🚀🚀🚀

• Angela Wilbraham
    Angela Wilbraham Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited May 2020 #25
    Options

Also super keen to have the 'convert deals to leads' capability... Any update on timing at all? Thanks!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #26
    Options

We're hoping to be able to launch this the end of next month but sometimes unexpected things happen in software development so I can't give you an exact ETA, it might take some weeks longer than we expected at first. @Angela Wilbraham 

• Jonas Vonlanthen
    Jonas Vonlanthen Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #27
    Options

Definitely also a priority for us, so that we can finally get rid of that "Leads" column of our pipeline :D

What is an approx ETA?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #28
    Options

Definitely also a priority for us, so that we can finally get rid of that "Leads" column of our pipeline :D

What is an approx ETA?

Hi @Jonas Vonlanthen unfortunately I can't be more specific as I was in my answer above here, I'm sorry 😐 

--

We're hoping to be able to launch this the end of next month but sometimes unexpected things happen in software development so I can't give you an exact ETA, it might take some weeks longer than we expected at first.

• Jonas Vonlanthen
    Jonas Vonlanthen Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020 #29
    Options

What is an approx ETA?

Ok, is there wherever a visual representation of the roadmap of PD, maybe simply with topics / epics adressed?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2022 #30
    Options

@Jonas Vonlanthen there isn't one publicly unfortunately. We are however, regularly sharing what's being worked on in the near term future in this channel right here: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/research

• František Soumar
    František Soumar Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited May 2020 #31
    Options

When please?