Recurring Activities on Calendar!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 224 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi @MoonlySoftware Unfortunately, we don't have any plans at the moment. We did attempt to create this feature in BETA but the complexity of supporting both google and microsoft calendar sync proved to cause inconsistencies and bugs. Have you tried using our automations feature to create activities in the future based on certain triggers?

• PipeDriver
    PipeDriver Member Posts: 16
    First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Just having the option to be able to mark as done the recurring activities book on the external calendar would be helpful. Right now we can really keep track on those activities - perhaps that would be less complex to implement? @Mike van der Valk

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 224 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi @PipeDriver We've shared this feedback with the internal team who is responsible for the Activities experience. However, at the moment unfortunately, there are no changes in the plans with regards to improving this experience. If there's any update, then we will let the folks in this thread about it.

• PipeDriver
    PipeDriver Member Posts: 16
    First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

@MoonlySoftware check this out:

I've devised a method to automate the scheduling of recurring activities/tasks using Make.com, an automation tool akin to Zapier. This solution is particularly useful for ensuring tasks are automatically reset to the next Monday of the following month upon completion. Here's how I set it up:

The Setup:

1. Define an activity type that is for recurring tasks.
    2. Webhook Activation: The process begins with a webhook scenario that is triggered anytime an activity is updated. This instant response to activity status changes is crucial for timely updates.
    3. Identifying Recurring Tasks: Upon activation, the scenario checks the activity type. I specifically categorize tasks intended for this automation as "Recurring Task." This categorization helps in precisely targeting the tasks that need to be rescheduled.
    4. Completion Filter: Next, the scenario filters activities to identify those marked as "done." It's essential that only completed tasks proceed to the rescheduling phase to maintain accuracy in task management.
    5. Scheduling the Next Activity: For tasks identified as completed, the system then calculates the date for the next month, adjusting it to ensure the new task is set on a Monday. This step is vital for avoiding weekends.

Custom Recurrence Intervals (on make.com):

To accommodate various scheduling needs, I've created separate scenarios for different types of recurrences (weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.). Each one has a unique set of variables to calculate the appropriate next due date.

This method ensure we have recurring tasks/activities that we are require to list as done at the checkbox. This enable tracking for those tasks.

If you're interested in a more detailed breakdown or the specific variables used for each scenario type, I'm more than willing to share. Let's help each other create more efficient workflows!

P.S. I am not advertising or paid by anyone to write this.