Recurring Activities on Calendar!!

It would be great if the calendar had an option to add recurrent activities!

I struggle a lot with this because some times we need to add a recurring activity and need to add it manually. For example, if I need to add to my calendar a meeting with a client that happens every Monday of each week during 6 months, I have to add manually 24 activities with the same name each Monday for the next 6 months. Just as this little example, we loose a lot of time adding this types of activities that had to be repeated on a specific frequency. 

Also, we tried by synchronizing our calendar to an external one so we could add this activities from our Outlook calendar. However, if we want to modify this activities, you just can't. Pipedrive wont let you. This meaning that if you add in your external calendar a recurrent activity and then try to delete it, it will successfully disappear from your external calendar, but stay forever in your Pipedrive calendar, and you can't do anything about it.

So I think it would be great if Pipedrive could add an option for adding and supporting recurrent activities. 

4 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2022 #2

Couldn't agree more Having the option to create a recurring activity would help much. In our use case our prospects have agreements with existing suppliers that expire annually, bi annual or every three years usually.  Many of them prepare their budgets and seek proposals around the same time each year. However from company to company that time  of year is different. I have a specific activity 'Expiry' that I use to track that but it would be great if it was recurring. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Edgar Chávez Villarreal 

Our team is very much aware of this, apologies for this! Its currently in the backlog waiting to be prioritised against other improvements in the activities/calendar area. I'm going to make sure they see your post here :) 

• Edgar Chávez Villarreal
    Edgar Chávez Villarreal Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited April 2021 #4

Our team is very much aware of this, apologies for this! Its currently in the backlog waiting to be prioritised against other improvements in the activities/calendar area. I'm going to make sure they see your post here :) 

Thank you a lot! I hope this feature will be available soon.

• Gillian Strong
    Gillian Strong Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #5

I'm just new to Pipedrive, still on the free trial and was trying to find out how to schedule a recurring meeting.  So, looks like this feature is still in the 'Pipeline'. :)  

Would be great to have!

• Jennifer Stevens
    Jennifer Stevens Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022 #6

enough to make me switch from pipedrive that is for sure

• Dylan_22359
    Dylan_22359 Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited January 2022 #7

Our company would love this feature as well. 

• Marcus Ekoff
    Marcus Ekoff Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited January 2022 #8

We would love it too!

• Andreas Sihm
    Andreas Sihm Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2022 #9

This is my biggest wish for Pipedrive to take care off. Happy you're working on it!

• Andreas Sihm
    Andreas Sihm Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2021 #10

What's the status @Mike van der Valk ?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2021 #11

Hi @Andreas Sihm currently the goal is to still release it this year. Hopefully nothing crazy happens that might push it later

• Kay Walker
    Kay Walker Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2022 #12

Agreed

• Noel Norking
    Noel Norking Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2021 #13

Mike please do so... critical for us and big pressure here to move to another app if this feature is not available prior to end of 2021.

• Kay Walker
    edited September 2021 #14

We do really need this as well

• Tim Nelson
    Tim Nelson Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2021 #15

I'm new here. Any updates on adding recurring activities and when that will get prioritized? 

• David Sherrod
    David Sherrod Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2022 #16

@Mike van der Valk, is there any progress on this moving from the backlog?

I'm new here, and one frustration I have that seems to be related is my Google calendar sync isn't bringing across recurring meetings.  I have some clients and my own offerings with recurring meetings, and they don't show up in Pipedrive, rendering the Pipedrive calendar non-functional for me.  I doubt I'm the only person in a similar boat.

Warm Regards, David

• Tim Nelson
    edited January 2022 #17

Mike, what's the status on this?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2022 #18

@David Sherrod @Tim Nelson @Edgar Chávez Villarreal and others, we currently have a team working on enabling recurring activities fully in Pipedrive.

This will be compatible with the calendar sync as well as without it being able to set it manually on the Pipedrive side.

It's technically pretty complex because of the way the sync works so it will still take some time but the good news is that a team is working on it as we speak :) 

• David Sherrod
    David Sherrod Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2022 #19

@David Sherrod @Tim Nelson @Edgar Chávez Villarreal and others, we currently have a team working on enabling recurring activities fully in Pipedrive.

This will be compatible with the calendar sync as well as without it being able to set it manually on the Pipedrive side.

It's technically pretty complex because of the way the sync works so it will still take some time but the good news is that a team is working on it as we speak :) 

Thank you for the update, @Mike van der Valk

• Tim Nelson
    edited January 2022 #20

Thank you @Mike van der Valk  ! Any guestimates on timing? 1 month, 6 months etc. 

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 227 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2022 #21

Hi Tim, 

It's a bit difficult to mention a time when it would be available for users. It's something we're planning to deliver incrementally over the next two quarters (along with calendar-sync integration). 

Right now we have some ideas on how the solution could look like and we are planning `Usability testing` sessions for next week. Would you be interested in helping us out with giving us feedback on the prototype? If so, let me know and I'll mail you details by Monday morning. 

I will also make a public post next week in the community inviting other folks to test the recurring activities prototype. Stay tuned for that! :) 

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited February 2022 #22

Dear all, we're looking for volunteers this week who can give us feedback on our design prototype for recurring activities. If you'd like to help us, please see this post for more details. You can also book a time slot here on my calendar.

Thank you, 
    Vincent 

• Kay Walker
    edited January 2022 #23

Dear all, we're looking for volunteers this week who can give us feedback on our design prototype for recurring activities. If you'd like to help us, please see this post for more details. You can also book a time slot here on my calendar.

Thank you, 
    Vincent 

Yup happy to volunteer

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited January 2022 #24

Thank you, 
    Vincent 

Thank you @Kay Walker. Speak with you soon. 

• Richard Bergman
    Richard Bergman Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #25

Can i test the prototype? looking for this solution a long time...

• Rob Morgan
    Rob Morgan Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2022 #26

I have the same issue as I have weekly 2-3 recurring Zoom meetings daily, and the future recurring events do not show up in Pipedrive (they are greyed out in Pipedrive calendar view) which means I cannot edit those and they do not link to the client in Pipedrive.  Would love to see recurring activities in Pipedrive.

• Richard Bergman
    Richard Bergman Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2022 #27

can there be an update on when there's a possible solution?

• Mike Pettit
    Mike Pettit Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #28

It is almost end of Q2 and I am looking for an update to the ability to directly add recurring events to the calendar directly in Pipedrive. Should be as easy as a code add that places the option under the date and time drop down menus that defaults to "once" or drops down to weekly, monthly or yearly. And then your choice will populate the calendar based on the choice input. Anything?

• Any news on this issue? It is a pretty sensitive issue with customers and I have just been in a meeting where the customer was frustrated to not be able to schedule recurring activities. They are using the new "Projects" objects and this issue has risen again. Hope we can have good news soon. Cheers!

• Noah
    Noah Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #30

Hi @Mike van der Valk, have there been any updates on this? We have so many recurring internal meetings and also need to differentiate them from client meetings in the calendar so they are split up on our dashboard. Now I have greyed out recurring meetings imported from my google calendar that can't be deleted.

• MoonlySoftware
    MoonlySoftware Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

@Mike van der Valk

We're also in desperate need of this feature. Is this still on your roadmap? Or is there any ETA?

The calender sync workaround didn't work out and still creates a lot of hassle.