Bulk update columns with value of another column

Options
Alli Ottarsson
Alli Ottarsson Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Hi. 

I am very new to Pipedrive and our team has (4 days ago) made a migration from Salesforce.   We created a column to capture the original Deal Date and now we want to update the default "Deal Created" date in Pipedrive with the value from the column we created for the input. 

What is the best,  fastest, and most secure way to process this?  Perferably using available tools and not having to write code/use api.   Or if it is not possible using available tools can someone direct us to references on how to achive this with code /using the api.

603aa80e999ce0093553c875_33508.png

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited March 2021 #2
    Options

I'm not sure you can update the Created Date.

I think your best shot is to check https://devcommunity.pipedrive.com/

• Alli Ottarsson
    Alli Ottarsson Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi Boris. 

Thanks for answering.   

I was able to find a 3rd party tool on the "Marketplace"  under Data Management.   The tool is called Incycle and is free for up to 5000 records (which I was just under).    I was a little bit hesitant and made sure to read all of their data protection and security claims before starting to use it.   But long story short,  I was able to get the task done using one of the many data management features in the tool. 

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited March 2021 #4
    Options

Hi Boris. 

Thanks for answering.   

I was able to find a 3rd party tool on the "Marketplace"  under Data Management.   The tool is called Incycle and is free for up to 5000 records (which I was just under).    I was a little bit hesitant and made sure to read all of their data protection and security claims before starting to use it.   But long story short,  I was able to get the task done using one of the many data management features in the tool. 

Awesome! Glad it worked out 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2021 #5
    Options

Hi @Alli Ottarsson , welcome to Pipedrive and the sales community! :)

Sorry I didn't get to your question in time, but for the future you can bulk-update information by simply uploading a spreadsheet:

Using certain integrations from our Marketplace also works (good job, by the way!) but this eliminates the middleman :)

🧠 Learn all about any of Pipedrive’s features from our Knowledge Base tutorials in your preferred language and our Academy video courses. Simply search for your topic.