Convert Organisations/ People into Deals

Options
Mathias Fiedler
Mathias Fiedler Member Posts: 2

it seems strange that I need to bulk convert my data as excel and then import it.

that is something that should be native to pipedrive

does anyone else feel like that?

Comments

• KurtJ
    KurtJ Member Posts: 45
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2021 #2
    Options

Specifically, what did you want to do?

• Mathias Fiedler
    Mathias Fiedler Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

had a bunch of organisations and people that i wanted to turn into deals - but i could not do that. pipedrive wanted me to either manually add every single deal or to in/export my data as excel. selecting organiations and bulk converting them into deals would save a lot of time

• KurtJ
    KurtJ Member Posts: 45
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2021 #4
    Options

had a bunch of organisations and people that i wanted to turn into deals - but i could not do that. pipedrive wanted me to either manually add every single deal or to in/export my data as excel. selecting organiations and bulk converting them into deals would save a lot of time

I don't understand the use case. Why do you want to convert persons or orgs to deals? 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2021 #5
    Options

Hi @Mathias Fiedler !

From reading your explanation I believe a more effective flow would be to create a deal linked to that person and/or organization. You always need at least a contact in a deal, that's why "converting" them is not an option in the tool.

I believe this solution meets your end goal.

• Matt Jenks
    Matt Jenks Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022 #6
    Options

I can add to this: we would like to convert Organizations to Deals as an initial step in our pipeline: identify target prospects. At this early stage, we target certain organizations to open conversations with, and we do this in bulk each week. The ability to convert a group of Orgs/People to Deals is a natural flow for us, and it appears to be for others as well. Thanks. 

• SNAusPac
    SNAusPac Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Same issue. We have a heap of contacts that have been added but we're unable to attribute these contacts to a Deal by the looks of it?

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi @SNAusPac you can import those contacts into the deal as participants. Here's how.